Sino Vegetarian Restaurant

Traditional Chinese vegetarian. Menu is mostly vegan, and egg dishes are marked. Busy at lunchtime and early evening. Clean space with modern decor. Has English menu. Formerly Evergreen Vegetarian Restaurant. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out
G/F, 131-135 Parkes St, Yau Ma Tei (Jordan MTR Exit A)
Kowloon, Hong Kong
852-2771-2393

Open Mon-Sun 11.00-23.00.

First Review by orchid53
mrrfrost
mrrfrost

Fast Service, A Little Pricey

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

Located near Temple Street market, this restaurant is mostly filled with local customers but has menus in both English and Chinese.
Lots of fake meat dishes, we ordered beef and peaches, and mutton with steam buns. Both were delicious but with tea and service charge the bill was over $170 which is a little high.

Pros: Tasty, Good Location, Quick Service
Cons: Noisy, Pricey
CatherineM
CatherineM

A good meal

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

We really enjoyed this place. It was packed and the menu was very big. Everything was tasty and arrived very quickly. Great location as well.

Pros: Lots of choice, Friendly staff, Good value
Cons: Busy
Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

Packed and Lively

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2012

Place was packed with locals. Nice variety of mock meats. I ordered a plate the provides a sampling of six different mock meats that they serve, all prepared differently. A good intro to the restaurant. My food was neither spicy nor greasy. It was an excellent meal. The place is at the upper end of moderate, once you add a tea charge (never saw this on the mainland) and a 10% service charge. But it was an excellent meal.

Pros: Wide variety of mock meats, Lots of locals, Easy to find
Cons: A bit pricy
fhspd
fhspd

Yummy!!

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2011

It was so hard to order because I wanted to try everything on the menu. It all looked so good. The food was terrific and we really enjoyed our meal. The presentation was also very nice. Lots of fake meat and noodle dishes. I would definitely recommend this place. Wish I lived in HK so I could go all the time. Check out their late lunch deals. We were surprised to get 50% off our bill which they offer at certain off peak times.

Pros: Excellent Food
sglcklch
sglcklch

So-so

3 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2011

Typical contemporary Buddhist cuisine, lots of fake meats and some dairy/eggs. Food was not bad, good portions, but a bit greasy. Tables were cramped, place was full, and it was very noisy throughout our dinner. My friend and I ordered three dishes and the bill totaled HKD220 including 10% service charge, rather high for that area and the whole dining experience.

Pros: good food
Cons: noisy, pricey

meganscl
meganscl

recommended

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2010

A nice cheap place for yummy Chinese vegetarian food. Near the temple st markets. Good fake meat dishes.

Pros: very cheap
comida
comida

Feels like good home cooking!

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2008

Even though I liked their old menu better, their new menu still has plenty of good stuff. If you can read Chinese, they have a very reasonable set lunch menu that has a choice of three mains and comes with soup. I noticed that this is what most of the locals order. Staff are always polite and efficient.

Pros: Quick food, Polite staff, Central location
Cons: Very crowded at times
Rachanee
Rachanee

great place to visit

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2008

The food is really good, Staff is nice. Good restaurant and worth to visit. I'll come back again next year.

Pros: great food, good taste, resonable price
Cons: friendly staff
orchid53
orchid53

good food, popular with locals

5 Posted on 02 / 29 / 2008

Went here on a Friday night. Filled mostly with locals, there were only 2 other tourists besides us. It was noisy, but so is every other restaurant in HK. everything with eggs was marked. Had fried dumplings which had a good filling, but I personally don't like deep fried foods; the good thing is that they weren't excessively oily. Tried the fish and a hot pot w/ veggie meatballs. The fish in sweet and sour sauce. was delicious; it didn't taste like fish, but it was a nice light flavor. My omni friend enjoyed that dish. The hot pot was a clay pot w/ mushroom broth, greens, & meatballs. I enjoyed it, the meatballs were nicely flavored. I'm from the states and normally dislike fake meat but this was quite tasty. Food seemed like a fair price; there is a menu outside of the restaurant.

Dear Owner and Manager of Sino Vegetarian Restaurant: