Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes a section dedicated to vegetarian and vegan items with 4 mains. Has vegetable curry with chips or salad, aduki bean pie with chips or salad, vegetarian breakfast, soy milk and vegan cake. Pleasant atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, English, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

For Everything I long to do, it's a.......

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2015

Set in a courtyard at the top of the main shopping street in Berwick this is a very spacious retro cafe with a separate vegetarian and vegan menu. All main courses are priced at £6. That's most decent in my opinion. Choose from a pulsating (I can see a little intended pun here) aduki bean pie, mushroom stroganoff, vegetable curry, spicy bean chilli or Cajun veggie burger. They come served with rice, chips and salad. Most things in Scotland (although Berwick is not technically in Scotland) come served with chips! I do like chips so this is good for me. For any USA readers, chips are actually chipped fried potatoes over here. The coffee here is excellent and you are made to feel very welcome. For a warm, filling and hearty meat free meal on a cold winter's day, this is the place to go.

Pros: Hearty food, Lovely coffee, Spacious
Cons: Serves meat

Friendly cafe with great attention to diets

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

I was very happy to find this cafe in Berwick which had a separate menu within their main menu dedicated specifically to Vegetarian and Vegan items. Options included veg curry and chips, or bean pie and chips. The 'pie' wasn't quite was I was expecting as there was no pastry, but it was still delicious and tasted fresh. Also serve vegan cakes, including 'Lazy Day' cakes. Waiting staff provided great service in checking what was and wasn't vegan friendly. It's a typical cafe menu with chips, fry ups, sausages etc, and a great place to eat when out with meat eating friends/family. Only small con would be I'd have liked hand cut chips rather than (I assumed) frozen, but otherwise A+ for effort.

Pros: In expensive, Clearly labelled vegan options, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Sinners Cafe: