Small juice bar, organic and gluten-free vegan food for takeaway, and retail space. Offers a few tables inside for seating. Opened May 2012. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Raw, Western, Canadian, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

katiebird
katiebird

Great food

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

I really like this place. Most of what I've tried there I really liked. Quinoa bowl (I forget which one, but it has tempeh in it) is probably my favourite non-dessert item so far. Cashew lemon dill cheese is really good too, to take home.

I've been a big fan of their cheesecake since before they opened the restaurant--that stuff is to die for! I'm a chocolate lover but the raspberry lemon is pretty awesome.

This place is very expensive though; I'd eat there a lot more often if I could afford to.

Pros: Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Cheesecake
Cons: Expensive, Small seating area, Fairly small selection
Nutritionella
Nutritionella

Tasty but overpriced

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2014

Small variety. Everything is an outrageous price, regardless of where the ingredients may come from. Still, some good dishes.

AngelicArena
AngelicArena

Very good!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

I went to this restaurant when on a trip to Ottawa.
The food is delicious! The staff is very attentive and helpful!

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Outside sitting
Cons: Far

Parasol
Parasol

Mixed Feelings

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

For lunch I had a taco salad, a warm Thai quinoa dish, and a piece of cheesecake. The taco salad was very flavourful and the sour kream incredible but presentation was lacking. I wish they would assemble it fresh to order if you're eating in instead of eating it out of a plastic clamshell.

The Thai quinoa dish was very tasty but lacking any semblance of Thai flavours (ginger, lemongrass, kaffir lime, chilies). Jamaican yellow curry powder has no place in Thai food. I love this flavour anyway but Thai is a misnomer. I ordered it to eat in but it was served to me in a take-out container with apologies.

The cheesecake would have been better given more time to thaw but was refreshing and lovely nonetheless.

Good place for a quick take-out meal but given the time I'd head across the river to La Belle Verte for a really beautiful raw meal.

Pros: Flavourful dishes, Excellent variety, Clean and pleasant lunch spot
Cons: "Thai" flavours all wrong, Small servings for price, Lots of staff working but not attentive
SarahLouise
SarahLouise

Delicious

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

The food at SimplyRaw Express is fantastic - delicious, healthy, and creative. The curry kale salad and raw taco are my favourite meals. Must try desserts are the "cheese cakes", particularly the chocolate mint and raspberry lemon flavours, and the raspberry linzer squares. Some people have complained that the food is expensive. I disagree. The creative meals at SimplyRaw are prepared with high quality ingredients and a great deal of care. The prices reflect the quality of the food.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Creative
HereHere
HereHere

Interesting

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

I had their quinoa bowl. They said that and another item were not spicy, even gave me samples to test before I ordered. The quinoa tasted not as hot, so I ordered it. In the end, it was very spicy for my very low tolerance, so I did not enjoy it. It was, however, nutritious, and the touch of cilantro on top was a flavourful touch. The donut hole didn't have a donut quality, but it was okay. Drinks seem expensive, but very healthy. There is take out, and that also seems very expensive, such as $7 for a small amount of raw vegan sushi (what I consider snack size). If you are on a budget and have a large or substantial appetite, this is not the place to go. But if you are looking for high quality raw foods (or even some cooked ones) and don't mind paying for what you get, this will be a big hit.

Pros: healthy, ambience, fast
Cons: small portions, cost/calorie
postalheart
postalheart

Ottawa vegan

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

We found SimplyRaw on happy cow while planning an overnight stay in Ottawa while attending a Madonna concert. It was easy to find on one of the main streets. We both had smoothies for breakfast and they were fantastic. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back

Pros: fresh healthy food, friendly, location
Cons: none for me

Dear Owner and Manager of SimplyRaw Express: