Simply Raw Bakery and Bistro

Raw vegan desserts and food. Also operates a booth at Biobauernmarkt Freyung on Friday and Saturday. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, Western, European, Take-out

RawRah
RawRah

Healthy and Delicious

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2015

I was so delighted to find this little gem in the Jewish Square in Vienna. It was wonderful to have a fresh juice and to find someone making their own almond milk - the almond milk cappuccino was wonderful as was the raw Sacher Torte. I highly recommend it for the food and the atmosphere and the location.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly, great location
aclasse
aclasse

Vegans needn't miss out on local treats

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2015

We went to this place last thing before leaving Vienna and were pleased to be able to try vegan versions of Sachertorte and Kaiserschmarrn (shredded pancakes with plum compote) - both of which were very good, can't say how authentic as haven't had the originals but don't really care :) I also had a cappuccino made with almond milk which was good and not too sweet.

The savoury dishes on the menu sounded appealing too, must try them next time.

The place is dainty and pretty, with vintage cups and saucers and little sweets on the counter, which made me feel rather elephantine, but again who cares. The ladies serving in there were very friendly and spoke good English so I didn't have to embarrass myself by attempting German.

The location is central and near to many tourist sites. (Try the Roman museum in Hoher Markt.)

Pros: All vegan, Viennese-style desserts, Friendly service
Vegan since 1990
Vegan since 1990

Exquisite environment, divine food

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2015

Beautiful environment--exquisite and charming. The mother and daughter team of Gabi and Shanna, are warm and embracing. The food is divine. It is all raw and all vegan. My spouse and I had three sandwiches, the avocado, the bruschetta, and the onion lard. The latter was surprisingly rich and delicious. We then moved on to the zucchini pasta and salad bowl (both of these are generous portions). Yes, we do eat a lot :) These were fantastic and although we do not get enough opportunity to eat raw, this lovely little place certainly lets us know it is a wonderful way to eat. We then had dessert--these were terrific. I had a chocolate cake with coconut whipped cream and my husband had Kaiser Schmarrn dessert that tastes like cookie dough but better. This is definitely a place to go to if you are vegan and are interested in raw food. You will be in heaven. (There are not many tables and so you may not be able to get a seat if it is busy--but it will be worth the wait.)

Pros: Delicious food , Wonderful owners, Lovely ambience
Cons: Small seating area

LiviaMvanHeerde
LiviaMvanHeerde

my favourite bakery!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2015

No words can describe this amazing place! It's always worth a visit!

LexaMartin
LexaMartin

A beautiful delicacy.

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2015

I have never known as much excitement for a bakery as what I felt when I walked into Simply Raw. The elegant, sweet, and chic interior was like something from Marie Antoinette's decadent lifestyle; very beautiful and very lovely. There was a lunch menu, however I had nothing but sweets on my mind upon walking into the heaven. My partner and I elected to share a blueberry cheesecake and a chocolate almond cupcake. Served in cute china teacups and plates, these treats were so sweet and so precious it was nearly a shame to have eaten them. All options are also gluten-free (among a range of other clearly labelled restrictions such as sugar-free, lactose-free, etc). Coffee and juices were also on offer. The staff were lovely and hospitable, providing such a friendly atmosphere it felt like being at a friends home for afternoon tea. Despite being slightly more expensive than your average slice of cake, the cost is definitely worth it's weight as we have never had such a sweet delight (and we all know that vegan sweets are always going to be more expensive anyway).
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 01, 2015

Pros: The treats satisfy any sweet craving imaginable, lovely staff, beautiful environment to sit in.
Amy1274
Amy1274

Overpriced

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2014

Whilst the atmosphere of this cafe and bakery is very plesant, and the staff are friendly and efficient, I really do not think that the quality or portion sizes justify the prices. I was very much looking forward to trying a piece of vegan Sachertort, and was prepared to pay the high price as a one-off as it is a speciality item. However, the server then proceeded to cut what I thought was a quite standard sized slice of cake into two! Yes, my small piece was quite rich, but not so much that such a slither was all that I could of eaten. Unfortunately it was also relatively dry, so whilst I do not want to completely judge on one item, I would hesitate to recommend this place

Pros: fully vegan
Cons: very expensive
megs828
megs828

Amazing!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

We ate here twice during our stay in Vienna and absolutely loved the food. We had the salad, zucchini pasta, avocado bread, and bruschetta for lunch. For dessert we tried their version of a traditional Viennese dessert (I think it was Kaiserschmarrn). For breakfast we had their breakfast special which consisted of chive bread, veggies and dip, chocolate pudding, and granola with fruit and homemade almond milk. We also had their cupcakes and some of the cookies/bars. Everything was amazing!!! The "best cookie in town" could probably be renamed to the best cookie ever! My absolute favorite was the nougat bar with a chocolate layer on top which tasted like a KitKat. I would go back to Vienna just to eat here. I should also mention that the ladies working here are very friendly and speak good English.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice outside sitting area, Delicious food
ohuebler
ohuebler

Very good food and friendly staff

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Excellent food in a great location with friendly staff and a really nice interior.

Best Zucchini Spaghetti I ever had!

Pros: Quality, Price, Location
aps101
aps101

WONDERFUL!

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Great raw, vegan bakery. In farmer's market and holiday markets (found them at the Easter Market) but they are opening a store front this month! Congrats to them. I went a bit crazy at this stall...cupcake was amazing as was the cookie. Got lots of little truffle like options all of which I really enjoyed. Lovely selection and lovely people. Make a point of stopping by.

AlexanderGamayunov
AlexanderGamayunov

VERY GOOD!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

BIO small street market, which is open on Fridays and Saturdays! We easily found him! small stall on wheels with sweets RAV! we tried the pistachio nougat (it is excellent), brownies (very typical, more disliked than liked) and truffle bounty. great place, sorry, that only work 2 days a week! we liked it!

JasminV
JasminV

BIG LOVE

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

I LOOOVE this place!
Best vegan sweets in whole Vienna and even raw!
Very friendly staff and owner

Pros: RAW, VEGAN, SWEETS
mgsquared
mgsquared

crazy delicious

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

The brownies are to die for! Everything is packaged beautifully and would make a great gift. If the prices were a bit lower I would be here every Friday. :)

simplyrawbakery
simplyrawbakery
  • raw

chai latte

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

last weekend.....
i had the best chai latte - ever !!!!
creamy almondmilk & perfect chai spices...loved it

Dear Owner and Manager of Simply Raw Bakery and Bistro: