Raw food eatery opened by raw food chef Stacey Dougan in late-2013. Offers raw meals for grab n go, sweets, juices, and an organic salad bar. Located on the second floor by the elevator. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, Salad bar, Juice bar, American, Fast food, Take-out
707 Fremont St Ste 2310 (Downtown Container Park)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
702-810-5641

Open Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-8pm.

First Review by sglcklch
sglcklch
sglcklch

Not 100% raw

3 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2014

I was under the impression that this place was 100% raw, but it wasn't, and actually quite far from it. They did have a salad bar that had many raw items, but a lot of them were raw by default anyway. There were things like couscous, pad thai, ground "meat", etc. that I assumed were raw until the staff told me otherwise - Couscous was just the regular kind; pad thai was made of glass noodles; ground "meat" was TVP, which was the very opposite of raw...

That aside, the food was passable. I had a small salad box with kale, marinated mushrooms, hummus, pad thai, and raw "chicken" salad (which was more or less a paste. I would have preferred a chunkier texture). Then I got a Thai-inspired wrap filled with pad thai, TVP , herbs, and some kind of Thai chili sauce. The first few bites were pretty good, then the flavors became too strong and almost cloying due to the sugary chili sauce. I was also a little bummed that it came with regular tortilla chips instead of a raw alternative.

This place is not worth traveling out of your way for, but is acceptable for quick vegan bites as long as you don't set the bar too high and expect to find inspiring raw vegan food. Still, choices would be very basic for complete raw vegans. On a brighter note, the staff members were all very nice and charmingly friendly. I also liked that they let me try as many samples as I wanted. All in all, a solid three cows.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: very basic raw options
  • Simply Pure Simply Pure

Hello! Thank you for your review of Simply Pure. My name is Stacey Dougan and I am the owner. My sincere apologies that you were under the impression that we are a 100% raw vegan cafe. We did not list ourselves with Happy Cow. Someone else (don't even know who) listed us without my approval and without me knowing. As a result, misleading information was posted about Simply Pure. We have never claimed to be a 100% vegan raw eatery. I have contacted Happy Cow to make changes immediately to our profile.
    Thank you for visiting us, I do appreciate your business!

Dear Owner and Manager of Simply Pure: