Serves meat, veg options available. In Nov 2013 changed name from Simplicity raw food restaurant and added meat stuff alongside some raw food. Warm atmosphere inspired by the landscapes of Provence, France, with playground for children, wireless internet, both smoking and non smoking sections. Serves coffee and cakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Romanian, Western, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Nicopole, 34A

• Cash only

First Review by Sihaaja
Hugh02
Hugh02

Wonderful food and very relaxed atmosphere

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2014

This restaurant does serve meat options but still has a full menu of vegetarian and vegan options, including 'Raw' food. Five of us ate there for lunch in early September 2014 and all had different vegan meals, and were all loved them. I had the raw burger with raw chips, neither of which I had every tried before, and was delighted with them. Both extremely tasty. As the weather was nice we were able to eat in the large outdoor area which added to the relaxed summer atmosphere. We would all come here again if in the area. It was well worth the trip.

Pros: Wide range of vegetarian & vegan options, Relaxed friendly atmosphere
Cons: Smoking allowed outside
veggieriga
veggieriga

Ok food

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

I had the raw shaorma with kohlrabi fries. The shaorma was mostly iceberg lettuce, some carrots, pickles and walnuts. I was a bit disappointed with it as it seemed like something I could have easily made myself even without access to a kitchen by just buying the ingredients in the supermarket. The kohlrabi fries were ok. Other than the fries, it didn't seem like the shaorma was anything special, and I could have bought a similar shaorma at many places in Brasov. I was in Brasov for a few days, but I didn't feel like going back after that one time. It might be nice since they have added meat dishes to also add some hot vegetarian and vegan food.

Sihaaja
Sihaaja

My first raw vegan restaurant

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

I visited Simplicity when I was on holidays in Romania two weeks ago; as it was recommended in some tourist brochure I got at the hostel. It was my first raw vegan restaurant ever, so I've got nothing to compare with. They have no English menu, but the waiter was nice and helped me and my boyfriend to choose. I got a rawburger with kohlrabi "french fries" and chocolate pancakes. The food was good, but the portions were quite small. The prices are moderate, but if you really want to get your stomach full, you may as well eat two dishes and a dessert. My boyfriend had some typical Romanian food made raw vegan with cabbage and very tasty dessert of the day with forest fruit. Personally, I couldn't eat raw food every day, but it was an interesting gastronomic experience. We were sitting outdoors and there was also some band playing and lots of local people with kids having fun. The atmosphere was nice and friendly.

Pros: Good prices, Good food, Entertainment with live band
Cons: No English menu, Small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Ma Cocoute: