Established in 2010, this 100% raw food cafe and take away offers a large range of delectable fresh foods, juices, and products to take home. The specialty is sandwich and chocolate mousse. Free wi-fi, lounge music, and cozy sitting area. Kitchen closes 30 minutes before closing. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery
Oehlenschlaegersgade 12 (Vesterbrogade)
Copenhagen, Denmark 1663
+45-35353005

Open Mon-Thur 10am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-10pm, Sun 10am-7pm.

First Review by Lissa
blackvaldaswan
blackvaldaswan

Cosy raw food restaurant

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

I was in simpleRaw about half a year ago as I had it as my mission to visit as many raw food restaurants as I could while in Copenhagen. It was a bit out of my way and I was lucky that my friend lent me her bicycle, other than that I had no problem finding simpleRaw.

I liked the choice of raw foods, I had a zucchini spaghetti with pesto dressing, almonds and cherry tomatoes. For a dessert I had one of the raw cakes made with cashew nuts, don't remember anymore which one but the girl who worked there suggested me one of the cakes and I really enjoyed it.

I felt like the place lacked in atmosphere a little bit, it had a very eco feel about it, which was good, but the same time reminded me being in sauna as everything was made out of light-colored wood.

I also wasn't impressed that there was an additional charge for using a credit card as the meal itself was not very cheap.

Pros: really good quality food, friendly staff
Cons: lack of atmosphere, not very central, a bit pricey, additional charge on cards
Littlething
Littlething

Tasty raw food in a fresh environment

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

I was here this summer and it was the first time I tried raw food. I had the Smorrebrod Plate and the Chocolate Smoothie. They were both very tasty and filling. The restaurant had a cool atmosphere and it all seemed very fresh. The only con would be that the noise from the juice-maker is quite loud, and the place is quite small so it's difficult to avoid.

Pros: Tasty, fresh food, fresh place
Cons: loud environment
VeganTrav
VeganTrav

I loved the dessert!

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Very nice place serving good raw vegan food. The dessert was really delicious! Maybe it's just slightly too expensive.

Pros: tasty, cosy, friendly
Cons: a bit expensive
piffelina
piffelina

Great, healthy, friendly

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

Even though I'm Danish (not from Copenhagen though), it was a challenge for me to find this spot and I couldn't ask for directions because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce the street name!

Fortunately we found it in the end, and had a lovely dinner. The hot chocolate was a little too much cocoa for our taste, and we were told that the curry noodles didn't have a very distinctive taste of curry, which they did. However, that was our mistake. All in all, a wonderful place.

Pros: All vegan, Knowledgable, Friendly service
Cons: Pricey
Gudrun
Gudrun

Wonderful raw vegan (chocolate) cakes

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

A nice little restaurant with friendly staff. The light pinewood furniture provides a special and cozy atmosphere. I have been here only once so my experience might not be representative but I was not do much thrilled by the main dish I had. I arrived in the evening saying I was very hungry and asked for a recommendation. The friendly lady recommended one of the tapas dishes and I took it. Some components (like the green lentil salad with mango) were really nice but in general I missed the experience of new flavors and exciting combinations which I had in other raw food restaurants. The salad and carrots in rice paper just tasted like salad with raw carrots and were also quite cold. But the dessert - a raw chocolate cake - was just awesome, it was one of the best cakes I ever had.

Pros: great raw vegan cakes, nice staff, cozy atmosphere

EndreKvia
EndreKvia

raw food heaven

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

We had such a lovely dinner that we came right back the next day for more. Beautiful food, calm and cozy atmosphere. We had the tapas menu and it is total gourmet style.

YahelSherman
YahelSherman

• raw

High quality place for Raw eaters

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

I found this place with "Happy caw" site , I was with few friends that never tried Raw food ,and we all were surprised from the quality of the food.
The menu offers many interesting dishes , and everything we tasted was delicious . When next time I'm in Copenhagen I will surly visit this lovely restaurant again.

cprisacariu
cprisacariu

nice and modern decore for a vegan

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

Nice staff and good raw food. No hot dishes here. Good raw juices also. Not too expensive, but not cheap either. Interesting arranging of tables; you may end up eating surrounded by other raw food lovers. Must try.

Pros: nice staff, good vegan dishes
Cons: too strange furniture setup for me
laurute
laurute

Tasty

5 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

We had, my friend and me, our first raw dinner there and it was very satisfying. For us a little bit expensive, but in comparison with other restaurants in copenhagen not too bad. The triple chocolate cake is amazing!

Pros: nice place, tasty food, friendly
Cons: go vegan 100%
amurleopard42
amurleopard42

Sophisticated creations

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I had a delicious spaghetti-shaped zucchini with Indian sauce, cashews, plenty of coriander leaves and fresh chili slices, with "lentil beef" and raw bread. The latter was an interesting crispbread-like experience, and the "lentil beef" was a raw patty made of lentil sprouts and a bit too much salt. The carrot-spinach-avocado-lemon smoothie with extra ginger was refreshing. Staff was helpful and friendly. Seating is limited. There is a brunch offer on Sundays and holidays 11:00-16:00 which I haven't been able to try.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, wide choice
Cons: limited seating
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

good raw foods

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

Everything raw vegan (except coffees and cow milk for them). Menu has smoothies, juices, breakfast, tapas plate to sample several things (159 kr), three main meals, organic wine, raw snacks and crackers. Salads with avocado, etc. Desserts including "cheese" cake. Main dishes include tabouleh and zucchini "spaghetti" with either tomato sauce and cashew-cream or curry sauce with fresh chili, chopped cashews, fresh cilantro, served with a lentil patty. I had the latter (95 kr), preceded by an apple-ginger juice shot (20 kr), and the lemon-orange cheesecake. All were delicious. The food is attractively presented.
Pleasant light-coloured wood interior. Closed Friday. Sun. noon-6 pm. Mon.-Thur. 11-4

harry the taoist
harry the taoist

Excellent food and experience

5 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2012

An attractive, small restaurant in a quiet and hip neighborhood. Take-away food available and small number of tables and stools. Staff was very friendly and (of course, Copenhagen) spoke perfect English. The food was high quality and high cuisine. I have a squash "pasta" with a great cashew sauce. Reasonably priced for this city. Highly recommended.

Pros: Creative dishes, Good quality, Friendly staff
Cons: Small
arild
arild

Good stuff!

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2012

Very good food, and a very nice place! Baby-friendly (several babies and mothers were having a good time when I was there) and hipster-friendly (several young guys with big glasses were also enjoing themselves).
Good staff working there.
Please open a place like this in Oslo!

I ate the Tabouleh with falafel, it was good stuff. I also had warm chocolate with almond milk, and a slice of orange "cheese" cake - smooth and nice indeed! The cake is very big, enough for two persons.

Pros: Nice environment, Excellent food
Cons: Boring magazines
Kiwi-Minoumi
Kiwi-Minoumi

Absolutely lovely restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2012

We went to Copenhagen in November and visited this lovely restaurant. It's located in a calm street, not far from the central train station.
It was the first time we ate in a completely raw restaurant and we LOVED it! We took a tapas plate and the raw pasta plate and of course deserts (orange lemon cheesecake and chocolate lemon ginger cookie). Everything was delicious and really filling. The green juice and apple/ginger shot were fabulous as well.
The owner was very nice and talked quite a lot with us, giving us advices about were to go and what we must see in the city. He even offered us a hot ginger tea as we saw us blow our nose a few times!
We really enjoyed our night there!

Pros: Delicious, Nice owner, Filling
Lissa
Lissa

• fruititarian

Absolutely beautiful place with amazing cakes!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

My husband and I went to Copenhagen and enjoyed the lemon/orange-cheesecake. My husband also had a coffee with almond milk. The cheesecake was amazing. My husband is not into raw foods at all but said how much he liked this cake.

I have been to raw restaurants in New York and other big cities, plus on potlucks, and this cake was definitely one of the best, if not the best.

Also, the place is cozy and has a warm and friendly atmosphere. The owner was really nice and friendly, too.

We enjoyed eating there a lot, it's a shame we didn't have time to eat a decent salad or another raw dish, too, but I bet they are just as amazing as the cake.

Pros: lemon/orange cheesecake, warm atmosphere, friendly owner

Dear Owner and Manager of simpleRaw:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Copenhagen page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2013/08/26