Established in 2010, this vegan and raw food cafe and take away offers a large range of delectable fresh foods, juices, and products to take home. The specialty is sandwich and chocolate mousse. Free wi-fi, lounge music, and cozy sitting area. Kitchen stops 30 minutes before closing. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

jennyc32
jennyc32

Decent food, decadent desserts

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2015

This was a nice little restaurant, and the staff were very friendly and explained the menu to us very well in English. We had one of the raw tapas plates, and it was good but not amazing. The highlights were the salads, whereas I wasn't overwhelmed by the falafel patties.

The desserts, however, were very impressive! We shared the triple chocolate cake and chocolate fudge cake, and in fact they were pretty similar and very delicious. All in all, an expensive meal for what you got, but we were full and happy at the end.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great desserts, Fresh ingredients
Cons: Expensive, Savoury menu a bit underwhelming
MeaganPalmer
MeaganPalmer

Best raw restaurant in Copenhagen

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2015

My only two complaints about this restaurant is that it is expensive,but then everything is expensive here, and that it is in a neighborhood that I not only don't go to often, but actually really dislike going to. I just don't care for the area, but his restaurant is worth going out there, which is really saying a lot.
That said, this place is really good. I lived in NYC for many years and ate at many raw restaurants there, and this place is pretty darn close to a NYC quality raw restaurant. The staff is actually quite friendly which is pretty rare in Denmark.

If you're in Copenhagen, and want a really delicious meat in a relaxed setting,and you're out in Vesterbro with some extra kroner to spend, I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Delicious food, Delicious desserts, Relaxed setting
Cons: Expensive, Location
HannaZ
HannaZ

ok

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2015

Good food, but unfortunately not the friendliest staff.
Don't think I'll return

Magnus
Magnus

Small and Cozy Gourmet Style Restaurant

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2015

SimpleRaw is pretty small restaurant with only something like three tables. The decor is very unique - the inside walls are just raw bricks with the floor and lower part of the walls covered by wood, like the seating and tables are also made of wood. The food comes quickly after ordering and is served beautifully arranged. The food is well seasoned and quite delicious. The staff is also very nice. However, the food is quite expensive and the portions pretty small.

Pros: Cozy, Delicious Gourmet food
Cons: Expensive, Small portions
aquarinna
aquarinna

Great food

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2014

I love this place, their food are so delicious.

Ailia
Ailia

Excellent food

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2014

I've been to simpleRaw twice and both times were great experiences. The first time was just a quick visit to get some dessert. We had a sampler of raw desserts and they were very tasty.
The second time, I decided to get the burger, as it is known for being one of the best vegan burgers in the area. It did not disappoint. It was one of the best burgers and I have eaten a lot of vegan burgers. It was also extremely filling and so while I finished the burger, I gave up on the side salad that came with it.

Pros: Cozy, Fast, Delicious food
seamusenright
seamusenright

Great Food

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

538th best restaurant in Copenhagen? F you and the horse you rode in on Tripadvisor! This place is great...yummy food, nice decor and friendly staff. One of the best veggie burgers ever...and I eat many veggie burgers.

Pros: Great Veggie Burgers , Nice Decor , Friendly Staff
Cons: Slightly Hard To Find , A Tad Expensive
RIProG
RIProG

Excellent

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

Fantastic and fresh food at this little cozy joint. We bought the brunch, a bit pricy but well worth the money! Probably the best rawfood I've had so far.

Fabiola
Fabiola

EXCELLENT OPTION. FANTASTIC FOOD.

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

Our experience there was amazing. You MUST eat the open sandwich made of Pickled Onions and Portobello Mushroom Patée. All the options were super tasty and well presented.

Pros: Tasty food, Location
_norvegan
_norvegan

Nice little place

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

Good food and friendly staff. Lovely little place. Very yummie juice. A bit pricey

Pros: Nice and smiley staff, Great juice
Cons: A bit expensive
blackvaldaswan
blackvaldaswan

Cosy raw food restaurant

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

I was in simpleRaw about half a year ago as I had it as my mission to visit as many raw food restaurants as I could while in Copenhagen. It was a bit out of my way and I was lucky that my friend lent me her bicycle, other than that I had no problem finding simpleRaw.

I liked the choice of raw foods, I had a zucchini spaghetti with pesto dressing, almonds and cherry tomatoes. For a dessert I had one of the raw cakes made with cashew nuts, don't remember anymore which one but the girl who worked there suggested me one of the cakes and I really enjoyed it.

I felt like the place lacked in atmosphere a little bit, it had a very eco feel about it, which was good, but the same time reminded me being in sauna as everything was made out of light-colored wood.

I also wasn't impressed that there was an additional charge for using a credit card as the meal itself was not very cheap.

Pros: really good quality food, friendly staff
Cons: lack of atmosphere, not very central, a bit pricey, additional charge on cards
Littlething
Littlething

Tasty raw food in a fresh environment

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

I was here this summer and it was the first time I tried raw food. I had the Smorrebrod Plate and the Chocolate Smoothie. They were both very tasty and filling. The restaurant had a cool atmosphere and it all seemed very fresh. The only con would be that the noise from the juice-maker is quite loud, and the place is quite small so it's difficult to avoid.

Pros: Tasty, fresh food, fresh place
Cons: loud environment
VeganTrav
VeganTrav

I loved the dessert!

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Very nice place serving good raw vegan food. The dessert was really delicious! Maybe it's just slightly too expensive.

Pros: tasty, cosy, friendly
Cons: a bit expensive
piffelina
piffelina

Great, healthy, friendly

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

Even though I'm Danish (not from Copenhagen though), it was a challenge for me to find this spot and I couldn't ask for directions because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce the street name!

Fortunately we found it in the end, and had a lovely dinner. The hot chocolate was a little too much cocoa for our taste, and we were told that the curry noodles didn't have a very distinctive taste of curry, which they did. However, that was our mistake. All in all, a wonderful place.

Pros: All vegan, Knowledgable, Friendly service
Cons: Pricey
Gudrun
Gudrun

Wonderful raw vegan (chocolate) cakes

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

A nice little restaurant with friendly staff. The light pinewood furniture provides a special and cozy atmosphere. I have been here only once so my experience might not be representative but I was not do much thrilled by the main dish I had. I arrived in the evening saying I was very hungry and asked for a recommendation. The friendly lady recommended one of the tapas dishes and I took it. Some components (like the green lentil salad with mango) were really nice but in general I missed the experience of new flavors and exciting combinations which I had in other raw food restaurants. The salad and carrots in rice paper just tasted like salad with raw carrots and were also quite cold. But the dessert - a raw chocolate cake - was just awesome, it was one of the best cakes I ever had.

Pros: great raw vegan cakes, nice staff, cozy atmosphere
EndreKvia
EndreKvia

raw food heaven

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

We had such a lovely dinner that we came right back the next day for more. Beautiful food, calm and cozy atmosphere. We had the tapas menu and it is total gourmet style.

YahelSherman
YahelSherman
  • raw

High quality place for Raw eaters

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

I found this place with "Happy caw" site , I was with few friends that never tried Raw food ,and we all were surprised from the quality of the food.
The menu offers many interesting dishes , and everything we tasted was delicious . When next time I'm in Copenhagen I will surly visit this lovely restaurant again.

cprisacariu
cprisacariu

nice and modern decore for a vegan

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

Nice staff and good raw food. No hot dishes here. Good raw juices also. Not too expensive, but not cheap either. Interesting arranging of tables; you may end up eating surrounded by other raw food lovers. Must try.

Pros: nice staff, good vegan dishes
Cons: too strange furniture setup for me
laurute
laurute

Tasty

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

We had, my friend and me, our first raw dinner there and it was very satisfying. For us a little bit expensive, but in comparison with other restaurants in copenhagen not too bad. The triple chocolate cake is amazing!

Pros: nice place, tasty food, friendly
Cons: go vegan 100%
amurleopard42
amurleopard42

Sophisticated creations

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

I had a delicious spaghetti-shaped zucchini with Indian sauce, cashews, plenty of coriander leaves and fresh chili slices, with "lentil beef" and raw bread. The latter was an interesting crispbread-like experience, and the "lentil beef" was a raw patty made of lentil sprouts and a bit too much salt. The carrot-spinach-avocado-lemon smoothie with extra ginger was refreshing. Staff was helpful and friendly. Seating is limited. There is a brunch offer on Sundays and holidays 11:00-16:00 which I haven't been able to try.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, wide choice
Cons: limited seating
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

good raw foods

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

Everything raw vegan (except coffees and cow milk for them). Menu has smoothies, juices, breakfast, tapas plate to sample several things (159 kr), three main meals, organic wine, raw snacks and crackers. Salads with avocado, etc. Desserts including "cheese" cake. Main dishes include tabouleh and zucchini "spaghetti" with either tomato sauce and cashew-cream or curry sauce with fresh chili, chopped cashews, fresh cilantro, served with a lentil patty. I had the latter (95 kr), preceded by an apple-ginger juice shot (20 kr), and the lemon-orange cheesecake. All were delicious. The food is attractively presented.
Pleasant light-coloured wood interior. Closed Friday. Sun. noon-6 pm. Mon.-Thur. 11-4

harry the taoist
harry the taoist

Excellent food and experience

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2012

An attractive, small restaurant in a quiet and hip neighborhood. Take-away food available and small number of tables and stools. Staff was very friendly and (of course, Copenhagen) spoke perfect English. The food was high quality and high cuisine. I have a squash "pasta" with a great cashew sauce. Reasonably priced for this city. Highly recommended.

Pros: Creative dishes, Good quality, Friendly staff
Cons: Small
arild
arild

Good stuff!

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2012

Very good food, and a very nice place! Baby-friendly (several babies and mothers were having a good time when I was there) and hipster-friendly (several young guys with big glasses were also enjoing themselves).
Good staff working there.
Please open a place like this in Oslo!

I ate the Tabouleh with falafel, it was good stuff. I also had warm chocolate with almond milk, and a slice of orange "cheese" cake - smooth and nice indeed! The cake is very big, enough for two persons.

Pros: Nice environment, Excellent food
Cons: Boring magazines
Kiwi-Minoumi
Kiwi-Minoumi

Absolutely lovely restaurant

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2012

We went to Copenhagen in November and visited this lovely restaurant. It's located in a calm street, not far from the central train station.
It was the first time we ate in a completely raw restaurant and we LOVED it! We took a tapas plate and the raw pasta plate and of course deserts (orange lemon cheesecake and chocolate lemon ginger cookie). Everything was delicious and really filling. The green juice and apple/ginger shot were fabulous as well.
The owner was very nice and talked quite a lot with us, giving us advices about were to go and what we must see in the city. He even offered us a hot ginger tea as we saw us blow our nose a few times!
We really enjoyed our night there!

Pros: Delicious, Nice owner, Filling
Lissa
Lissa

Absolutely beautiful place with amazing cakes!

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

My husband and I went to Copenhagen and enjoyed the lemon/orange-cheesecake. My husband also had a coffee with almond milk. The cheesecake was amazing. My husband is not into raw foods at all but said how much he liked this cake.

I have been to raw restaurants in New York and other big cities, plus on potlucks, and this cake was definitely one of the best, if not the best.

Also, the place is cozy and has a warm and friendly atmosphere. The owner was really nice and friendly, too.

We enjoyed eating there a lot, it's a shame we didn't have time to eat a decent salad or another raw dish, too, but I bet they are just as amazing as the cake.

Pros: lemon/orange cheesecake, warm atmosphere, friendly owner

Dear Owner and Manager of simpleRaw:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Copenhagen page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/11/20