Provides vegan food made with seasonal and organic produce; has daily specials. Fireplace inside with free wi-fi. Allergy friendly, child friendly, games and chalk board, water bowls and vegan doggie treats on the patio. Opened in spring 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Raw, Bakery, Take-out

cat1
cat1

Chi Latte...

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

I only came here for a coconut chi latte and a desert, they were both really good and the woman gave us an extra desert as there were screaming children..
The chi could have been hotter and it is rather over priced but nice vibe in a little place like that.

Pros: good food , nice waiter , good vibe
Cons: warm hot beverage , expensive
sirrahfay
sirrahfay

yummy vegan cafe

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

Nice spot low key chill, yummy all vegan menu with lots of good stuff on it! We tried the Cajun burger and the BBQ-each came with sliced oranges. The burgers tasted great, although were small-more like a slider than a burger making the $14.50 price tag rather high. Otherwise great spot worth a stop!!!

Pros: great menu all vegan!!, nice people , extra delicious
Cons: small portions , expensive
warmstorage
warmstorage

Tasty and nice, but very expensive

3 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

I'm torn about Simple Bliss. On the one hand, it's the only completely vegan place in Tahoe, the people are friendly, and the food is very tasty.

On the other hand it's slow, very expensive, and has to cater to tourists. I lived in Tahoe for six months, and after the first time, didn't bother to go back.

In fairness, I would go back: nothing was so bad that I wouldn't return.

Even in a moderately expensive, tourism-centered town, Simple Bliss is expensive: $8.50-$10 for 16 ounces of juice?!? $9.50 for a bagel with hummus and veggies?!? Yes, it's tasty, but the prices make it a special event sort of place.

$5 for a side of sauerkraut? $6 for a side of kimchi? I make these at home a lot, and so I know that maintaining lacto ferments takes a bit of work. (Not a lot. Just a bit.) But these prices are still off the charts.

A sandwich, an entree, a side, a tea, and a juice, and we were at around $50 before tip.

Parking is easy enough. Inside it's cozy, bordering on tiny.

Their values are awesome, their food tasty, and it's the only fully vegan game in South Lake Tahoe. I'd love to be able to support them more. Unfortunately, I just can't afford it.

Pros: tasty vegan, socially conscious, great values
Cons: expensive, expensive, expensive

janinefv
janinefv

Excellent Food!

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2014

Excellent Food!

All the food here is absolutely delicious, I highly recommend this café. I have had three different meals here and found them all delightfully full of flavor and fresh. I must remind people that the meals here may cost a little more than other places, and you must remember that it is all fresh organic whole foods made to order. No frozen processed burger patties full of fillers and other added chemicals. It is a real treat to eat healthy and fully enjoy the meal. Delightful atmosphere and kid friendly. If you are in South Lake Tahoe you MUST check it out you will be happy you did.

Pros: Delicious food, Fresh Organic whole food, Great atmosphere
Veganrapunzel
Veganrapunzel

expensive

3 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

I went their for lunch and I paid $21 for a BBQ burger and two tiny cookie dough bites. The food was pretty good and the staff was friendly. They have a lot of really Good options from smoothies an salads to Bowls and sandwiches It's just expensive.

Pros: yummy food, lots of choices, friendly staff
Cons: expensive , feels cluttered
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Simple Bliss Vegan Cafe

2 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I recently dined at Simple Bliss Vegan Cafe and came away feeling so so about my meal.

I had the lentil burger with the cajun seasoning added to it (the seasoning costs extra). I thought the burger was bland and really lacked in flavor. And I didn't really taste the cajun flavoring I paid extra for either. On the way out I picked up a few of the oatmeal fudgies that were mentioned in other reviews and felt very underwhelmed with their flavor.

Let's face it, the food is pretty average at Simple Bliss. I would have given them 3 cows, but my meal was nearly $20. And when I'm charged a premium for vegan food, I expect premium vegan food. That I did not find here.

celebratejoy
celebratejoy

Awesome!

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

What a delight to find a vegan restaurant with friendly folks doing a great job of providing organic options in a recent Lake Tahoe visit! The soup was a delicious choice!

lstorey2
lstorey2

Great Food

5 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2012

Organic and Vegan what a great combo. The food was excellent, since they are just starting out, hope they make it. This is the only Vegan restaurant that we found in South Lake Tahoe.

Pros: Organic, Vegan , Friendly
beetsrock
beetsrock

yummy

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

I was happy to stumble across this newly opened vegan cafe when visiting Lake Tahoe. I ended up ordering the daily special because they were out of BBQ sauce for my first choice -- BBQ tofu sandwich. The menu isn't huge so that was kind of strange, but the quinoa stir fry was good. The owner was also helpful with recommendations for vegan-friendly restaurants in town. Hope they learn to stock the pantry with essential menu ingredients so I can try something off the menu next time.

Pros: friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Simple Bliss Cafe: