Simon's Hot Dogs

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers vegan hot dogs, chili beans and nachos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2050 Yavapai Dr
Sedona, Arizona 86336
928-496-0266

Open Mon-Tue, Thur 4-9pm, Fri-Sun 12-9pm, closed Wed.

First Review by vkcres
ohemgee
ohemgee

Wish this existed in my neck of the woods...

4 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

Stumbled upon this place thanks to HappyCow! We came here after a nice hike in Sedona. It was a bit hard to find, located in the Oak Creek Brewing Co. Thank goodness we found it! I had the vegan Colombian veggie dog - WOW. I never thought I would enjoy a veggie dog with pineapple, what a delicious surprise. We came during a live performance from Decker. I never wanted to leave! Delicious beer options as well. The outside seating is recommended.
They should rename this place to Simmmon's Hot Dogs! :)

Pros: vegan hot dogs, beer, live music
guitrs8
guitrs8

• herbivore

GREAT grub after a long hike! And cold BEER too!!

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

Such a unique hot dog stand for meat eaters, vegetarians and even vegans! The biggest problem we had was trying to figure out which dog to order. The unusual list of hot dog creations was enough to make you want to try more than one! Delicious! And don't be afraid to ask the bartender for a beer sample/suggestion. She was more than accommodating and her suggestion was excellent! We will tell everyone we know to stop by while in Sedona! :)

Pros: Great dogs, Great beer, Nice outdoor seating
RMhiker
RMhiker

Great place for interesting vegan hotdogs

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

Enjoyed great vegan hotdogs with interesting toppings like pineapple. They are served on a better than out of the package bun! Outdoor seating in beautiful temperatures and you can enjoy with a great beer since it is located within a brewery! Definitely will visit again when in Sedona. If others in your party are not vegan they have regular dogs too!

vegfam
vegfam

GREAT find!!

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

My family and I stumbled on this place through Happy Cow and we really loved it. My husband, 9 year old and myself got the Columbian and it was so awesome. Such a unique flavor. My son fell in love with the potato chip topping!!My 11 year old had the vegan dog that had avocado on it and he was in heaven. The hot dogs were big and flavorful on their own. The owner was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. My husband was thrilled that it was inside the brewery. The kids and I got sodas. The only down side was the size of the chili serving. It was vegan and delicious, but my husband definitely wanted more. If we're ever back in AZ we'll definitely be back!

truthchangeandlove
truthchangeandlove

I love this place!

4 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

Simon's Hot Dogs had many choices and was very tasty. The service was great too. We were going to go to ChocolaTree or Heartline Cafe but it was pricey and we didn't like the choices. When my boyfriend found out it was at the Oak Creek Brewery he was really happy. He got to have a beer with his hot dog. He had the Columbian and I had the Cowboy. Very tasy!

Pros: friendly, price, choices

Tigra220
Tigra220

Awesome Vegan Hot Dogs

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

Drove up to Sedona this past weekend and went to Simon's. Using my GPS it was really easy to locate and there was a sign facing the street so I knew I was in the right place.

I asked for a vegan hot dog and he was very helpful in advising which were the most popular. I tried the Colombian. It was quite yummy. I loved the flavor and I'll be going back to try a few of the other flavors as well.

Pros: vegan hot dogs, super friendly and helpful service, inexpensive
Ethan
Ethan

What a great little joint!

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

After a revolting lunch over at ChocolaTree, we were still hungry. We went down the road to Simon's and found the cutest little hot dog stand. All of his offerings can be made with a vegan hotdog. It's pretty clear from the taste of it that he is using the Tofurky Sundried Tomato Sausage. I asked him to try the most popular one and he said, by far, it was "The Columbian". The hotdog came in a fresh better-than-typical hotdog bun, covered in crushed potato chips, chopped pineapple, and smothered in his "special sauce". The special sauce, he explained, was a mixture of Veganaise and Ketchup. It normally comes with mozzarella, and he usually has Daiya mozzarella shreds, but he was out today. Still, it made no difference. This was a delicious hotdog, served with your choice of potato chips or pickles on the side. Totally hit the spot. Really nice outdoor seating area and a bar adjacent if you want to get a beer.

Great, inexpensive option for lunch or a snack while in Sedona.

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive, Friendly service
MGSUCH
MGSUCH

Good junk food

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

This is an off the beaten path place. Along with regular hotdogs and brats, they have vegan dogs. Everything has a vegan option. The Columbian was recommended as the most popular, so I got it: a vegan dog with pineapple, crushed potato chips, house sauce and they were out of vegan cheese, so he used tahini. It was great. Definitely worth checking out.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 24, 2013

Pros: friendly , many vegan options
jls
jls

Truly best dog I've ever had. And yes it's vegan!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

You can find this place inside the Oak Creek Brewing Company. Great for mixed diets as they can accommodate omnivores, vegetarians and vegans without missing a beat.
The Columbian (easily veganized for me) was astounding! While I've had my share of vegan hot dogs, I was blown away by the flavor explosion this dog had going for it! When I come back to Sedona, I will certainly be sure to make this stop #1.
I should note the staff was so friendly, so flexible, and so understating of my mixed family diet requirements. The gentleman who helped us also seemed to truly take pride in his work. He checked on all of his customers ensuring their full satisfaction.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 08, 2012

Pros: Flexible options for everyone, Delicious variety, Friendly staff
Cons: Not in my hometown
vkcres
vkcres

Delicious vegan hot dogs

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

The hot dogs are super delicious, the vegan are made of tofu and sun dried tomatoes. These hot dogs are different and very tasty. The service is great, the owner is very friendly. The Colombian and the Hola Amigo are the best hot dogs I've ever had. The Colombian with pineapple, mozzarella cheese and crushed chips and the hola with tahini, avocado and jalapenos, yummy. This is one of my favorite places to go eat. I Highly recommended.

Pros: Super delicious
Cons: Location difficult to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Simon's Hot Dogs: