Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegan tofu and gimme lean sausage scrambles for breakfast, daily veggie juices, salads, soy and almond milks, and living food specials on Friday. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by jmbauman
HeathlyVegan
HeathlyVegan

Favorite in Sarasota

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2014

We first stopped at Simon’s Coffee House a year ago when we were vacationing in Siesta Key. We went back a week ago and Simon’s continues to be a great breakfast and lunch café. We are vegans and Simon’s always has many items on their menu we can eat. Everything we ordered was delicious. I especially love their black bean soup with a hearty slice of bread. Service is friendly and attentive. It is a small restaurant so go early to get a table. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Excellent Food, Large Vegan Menu
Cons: Small Restaurant, Noisy
Miker
Miker

A favorite for this vegan!

4 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2013

We live nearly an hour from Sarasota, but we go there often and eat at Simon's whenever possible. Their Raw Lasagna is great, but it's not their only vegan winner. (And I'm not just referring to their wonderful vegan chocolate cake!) I've never been disappointed by anything I've had there, even when a dish has been modified to veganize it. The food is delicious, the wait staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient - my only complaint is that since they close at 4pm each day, I can't eat dinner there!

Pros: Healthful and delicious food, Terrific wait staff, Reasonable prices
Cons: I can't eat dinner there!
dtriano
dtriano
  • raw

Great food, great service!

4 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2012

After surviving Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's, I found Simon's on Happy Cow. My son and I had a great breakfast, I had the Mediteranean Tofu Scramble and a tasty veg juice/wheat grass shot combo drink which was prepared well, made quickly, and left me with some great nutrition for the day. My son had Strawberry Crepes and a fresh OJ which he enjoyed, this is a great place to take the family, especially when some/all of them are 'regular' eaters, as the menu is about evenly divided with 'regular' food/ veg-vegan offerings. We're taking the mother-in-law there for lunch, as their special was a raw lasagna and I just have to try that! It was busy @ opening time (8am) with young couples with children (always good to see young families feeding their kids good food!), highly recommend-----DT

gwild
gwild

Best Lasagna Ever

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

Their Raw Lasagna is better than any lasagna I have ever tried- cooked or uncooked. The spices were perfect. My husband had a veg reuben which was good but not outstanding. I wish the place was vegetarian.

Pros: lasagna, affordable
Cons: serves meat
AnimalsFeelPain2
AnimalsFeelPain2

Yummy delicious vegan fare

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2011

I was visiting from out of town and was v pleased to find this hidden gem. The mediterranean tofu scramble was v tasty (w tofu, shrooms, sundried tomatoes, tempeh). The raw lasagna (w many fresh veggies) was bomb ass and came w a side of amazing tabouli. To top it off, they were swinging blocks of vegan butter rum nog fudge which was TDF (to die for). Excellent service and friendly wait staff. Unfortunately they also sell a lot of meat dishes. With such delicious vegan fare, makes you wonder why they feel the need to mess with animal products at all.

Toni Mogensen
Toni Mogensen

THE BEST PLACE EVER

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2010

This is one of my favorite resturants in Sarasota. If you go there definatley try their paninis. They are sooooooooooooo good. they have the freshest tasting ingredients.

Pros: good food, organic, delicious
Cons: none, none , none
Tookl
Tookl

Dinner now at Simon's- Excellent Veggie Options

4 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2009

Dinner now every night from 4:30 to 8 pm. Menu proudly proclaims that vegetarian and vegan options are available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Pros: Very Good Food, Healthy & Fresh, Pleasant atmosphere
Cons: Slightly expensive
Becki
Becki

Great veg restaurant in the land of seafood!

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2008

I am so glad that I looked up veg restaurants before my trip to Sarasota, because this was the only decent place we ate at the whole time. We went there four times on our week-long trip to the beach. They have veg sausage and bacon, vegan tofu scramble. We got some take-out food for the long drive home, so we did not have to stop for French Fries at McDonald's. What a great find! Simon was so nice, even when I was breastfeeding at the table (several times), and the waitress gave us a little plate for smooshed sweet potatoes for the baby. The wait staff was great.

Pros: Excellent Food, Take-out deli options, Friendly staff and owner
Cons: none - this place is great!
jmbauman
jmbauman

Great food, pleasant service

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2008

I'm glad someone told me how GREAT Simon's is, because I would never have thought to go there since it's just a nondescript little place in a strip mall. But the food is creative and delicious and the service is great. My only complaint is that it's always crowded. I ate there with a vegan and two non-vegetarians and everyone loved it. Apparently the owner is a vegetarian so that's why they have good veggie choices.

Dear Owner and Manager of Simon's Coffee House: