Siggy's Good Food - Manhattan

Serves meat, veg options available. Homestyle comfort slow-cooked food. Has a vegan veggie burger and a tofu lasagna with roasted eggplant, veggies, and tofu. Other choices include salads, smoothies, and fresh juices. Displays local artworks. Another location in Brooklyn. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Mediterranean, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by Vegan Vagabond
GF Cookie Monster
GF Cookie Monster

Organic, Many Vegan Options

4 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

Everything at Siggy's is organic. They do serve meat, but there are tons of vegan options, which are clearly marked. Great for eat-in or take-out. Perfect place for a vegan to take a non-veg friend where you will both be happy. They are extremely accomodating to people like me who have a long list of severe food allergies. Gluten-free items are marked on the menu. Favorite menu items: veggie burger on salad, gluten-free pasta & sauce bowl (comes with a lot of fresh cut herbs, yum!). All the juices and smoothies are excellent, too. Reasonable prices.

Pros: All organic, Many gluten-free items, Vegan items are clearly marked
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Great food! Great people.

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2013

This was a great find via Happycow. My wife and I were headed to lunch and found that this place was nearby, using the Happycow app. It is a nice and cozy place, with good latin music playing and a decorative atmosphere. We sat by the wood burning fireplace in the back, where it was nice and warm. This place is advertised as 100% organic, fresh, and nothing artificial. The menu is clearly marked for vegan items, which there are planty. We started with the Black Bean Sweet Potato Cakes, that are baked and come with a tomato, pepper and cilantro sauce, and they were very tasty. My wife had the Garlic Herbs Olive Oil & Artichoke Pasta, that was simply amazing. It is made with wilted kale and brown rice pasta topped with herbs, spices, and pine nuts. My wife had broccoli added, which was a perfect addition. I had the Splendid Raw Slaw with Sesame Kale and Cabbage and it was amazing. It was made with thinly shredded kale, green cabbage, carrots, parsley, scallions and sesame seeds. I really liked it. Although I didn't try any, as we were leaving, by the expresso bar, I noticed that they had vegan cookies and such. They looked very good. I will go back to this place.

Pros: Cozy, Vegan friendly, Good food

Dear Owner and Manager of Siggy's Good Food - Manhattan: