Chinese buffet restaurant. Previously located on Arribenos. Menu includes seitan, fried rice, etc but mostly non-Chinese fare. The bottom floor is for take-out but there is a place to sit upstairs with service for drinks and dessert. Open Tue-Sun for lunch only. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Buffet, Delivery
Rivadavia 548 (Plaza de Mayo)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
15-54546481

First Review by beeboys
Le
Le

Siempre eggs and cheese

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2012

We had a buffet for 45 that incuded water and coffee.
Most of the cooked food was not vegan, but for some rice an noodles.
Very long line for those who bought food by weight.
thought the space for eating uspstair was almost empty.

fernanda
fernanda
  • non-vegetarian

Nice place

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2011

I've been to Siempre Verde with some friends and we had a nice time there. The food took a long time to come, but the portions were big and had a good price. I recommend the ICE TEA they have there! it's awesome

Pros: good value
Cons: long time waiting for the food
MostlyVegUrbanite
MostlyVegUrbanite

A bit slimy and salty

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2011

If you're into fake meats (gluten and soybased 'meats') then this is place to go. They have a ton of fake meat options. I tried the "pollo" with shitake mushrooms and it was alright, except that it was very salty and drowned in sauce. My friend had the curry tofu. He is vegan and sketched out by fake meats. The huge squares of tofu were very soft and almost slimy. His meal was also drowned in sauce that did not taste very curried to me. It also could have been much spicier! I would have preferred less sauce, less salt, and smaller portions.

Pros: Cheap, Filling, Good service
Cons: Too salty, Portions are too large, Slimy tofu

nspanee
nspanee

Siempre verde, good vegan choice

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2011

Nice big menu, you hardly know what to get because there are so many nice things. We had about 3 starters. Soup, fried veggie balls, fried chicken. Very tasty start. The main portions were huge! I misunderstood something on the menu so I ended up with something with a lot of sauce, which I don't like. It was good just too much sauce with it. My friend that lives here likes to go there, so did I.
It's 20 meter from the train station, so no worries not to find it.
It was full when we arrived, had to wait for 10 min for a table, so I recommend to either make a reservation or don't show up when in a hurry. That was on a sunday lunch.

Pros: Portions
starlucia
starlucia

Reliable standby

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

We're big fans of this place. The vegetables are always fresh and the dishes aren't as greasy as in most Chinese places. I HIGHLY recommend one of the noodle soups, which come in the most delicious ginger broth. Good selection of teas, and very reasonable prices. The family that owns the place is from Taiwan, not the mainland.

Lanky
Lanky

ok i guess...

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2009

Siempre Verde is good for vegetarians/ vegans who are unfamiliar with mainland chinese food. I guess this means its probably very good for most of the vegetarians from Buenos Aires.
As someone who's lived in China for years, I would say Siempre Verde is the least authentic Chinese food i've ever eaten. They completely murdered the Mapo Tofu... I've never seen anything like it; it had not a single thing (apart from the presence of tofu) in common with Mapo Tofu.
The 'KungPao Chicken' was also the most unlike Kungpao thing i've ever seen... although I will say it wasnt bad at all, actually quite tasty, it just needs a different name, like 'siempre verde chicken' or something.
The stir-fried noodles were pretty lame.
They don't have any vegetable dishes, ie not tofu or fake meat, apart from bok choi and 'chop suey' (what is 'chop suey'? and why is it the standard in every chinese place in buenos aires?).
The service is pretty terrible... I guess that part was authentically Chinese.
Having said all that... its not bad, its just pretty average, and not very chinese.

Pros: mostly vegan, a couple of decent dishes
Cons: not authentic, not a good selection of veggies, bad service
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Lanky, I found your review pretty helpful. I also spent years in Taiwan, and know good Chinese food when I see it. I can instantly spot the imposters!

VeganSoapDude
VeganSoapDude

Great food in a cool location

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2009

We discovered Siempre Verde towards the end of our trip to Beunos Aires, but wish we would have found it sooner. As vegans in this meat city, we were always happy when we found places to eat vegan food without the smell of a grill in the background. The fake meats were not the best, but everything else was very good. Most meals cost around 20 pesos or less. We would definitely recommend a visit to Siempre Verde!

-Howard and Edwina Vegano

Pros: All Vegetarian, Good Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Meats were overdone
beeboys
beeboys

excellent vegetarian choice

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2009

During a month in Buenos Aires, where the food is generally excellent, I'd had my fill of excellent pasta which is the easiest vegetarian alternative in most restaurants. There are some vegetarian restaurants and some vegetarian-friendly ones in Buenos Aires but SIEMPRE VERDE is my favorite. It is a Chinese vegetarian restaurant located in the small Chinatown of the barrio of Belgrano, which uses the traditional Chinese vegetarian protein sources, seitan and tofu to approximate the meat dishes of traditional carnivorous Chinese cuisine. The results are delicious. We had the best Hot and Sour Soup we've ever had [Sopa Agripicante], an excellent Seitan with Shitake Mushroom Sauce, and "meat balls" in a spicy sauce. It is a small family-run restaurant with a friendly atmosphere and very reasonble prices and we highly recommend it.

Pros: excellent food, friendly atmosphere
Cons: a bit far from the center of town

Dear Owner and Manager of Siempre Verde: