Serves meat, veg options available. In a castle shaped structure, in cheesy West Colfax style the Sidewok Cafe sits nestled among pawn shops and tattoo parlors. It offers a separate vegetarian menu featuring mock chicken, duck, beef, and shrimp. Favorites such as sesame chicken and Happy Family all come in a faux meat variety created in-house from soy, mushrooms, and other vegetable. Serves vegan mock meats. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
4930 W Colfax Ave (Sheridan)
Denver, Colorado 80204
720-377-2828
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by sinh4x
Derrickmoore666
Derrickmoore666

Not vegan

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETARIAN CHICKEN, BEEF, OR SHRIMP: Soybean Fiber, Water, Whey Protein, Soybean Oil, Soybean Protein, Natural Vegetarian Chicken (or Beef or Shrimp) Flavor, Sugar, Salt.

Just letting everyone know!

• peacenik peacenik

They actually carry vegetarian and vegan meat options even though you don't see this on the menu. The vegan options available are chicken, beef, and shrimp, they do not offer salmon or duck as they do as vegetarian options. I was told that the vegan chicken and beef were house made.

GregoryBierly
GregoryBierly

Freshly made vegetarian takes on Chinese fare.

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2011

A cozey little restaurant centrally located not Far from 25 and 70. First impression as I walked in was the care put into the decorations and the cleanliness of the place -- welcoming. Second was the very friendly hostess who asked me if I had special requirements (vegan, vegetarian, etc).

As a vegan, this would be a compromise, but a good one. Enjoying ones favorite Chinese dishs with seitan instead of meat is certainly worth a try -- Its why I made the trip.

Actually, after my first sip of water I knew this was a good choice. Its hard to find good water even in classier restaurants. I ordered Szechuan chicken (vegan) which was made fresh while I waited. Pleasant aromas of roasting dishes made me feel at home and a bit hungry -- optomistic -- I didn't wait long at all (nice music). I was happy to find a good portion of yummy greens mixed in the dish -- especially fresh scallions. The sauce was light and spicey -- and not at all overwhelming like in many other restaurants. Presentation was nice -- with a heaping bowl of white rice.

This is Chinese home cooking in a restaurant in which alot of care and oversight is provided -- care is what I'm looking for.

Pros: good chef, vegetarian meat, clean and cozey
Cons: no wheat meat beef yet
sinh4x
sinh4x

Many Veg. Options

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

Many options for vegetarians. I had a dish with flax chicken and had to ask again to make sure it was fake, it tasted and had the texture of real chicken. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired, it felt kinda dirty. The waitress/hostess was very pleasant and had no problems describing the fake "meats" to us. The waitress told us the flax meats are never frozen or dehydrated, however they DO NOT make them in house.

Pros: Many Options, Flax Meat, Friendly
Cons: Cheap Furniture , Looks Dingy , Loud Phone

Dear Owner and Manager of Sidewok Cafe: