Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food and sushi. Some of the Thai entrees come with your choice of added vegetable or tofu. Vegans be sure to specify no egg, no fish sauce. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
3027 Wilmington Pike
Dayton, Ohio 45429
937-293-9606
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by veglife00
AngelaValley
AngelaValley

There's good and there's bad

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2014

I've eaten at Siam before I was a vegan and decided to get some carry out now that I am a vegan. (One year now.) I ordered #27 (veggie) with 2 soft rolls (no shrimp). My non-vegan boyfriend ordered the crab rangoon and the #23 (chicken).

I get home and set out plates to eat the meals on am am very disappointed to see my #27 veggie stir fry is a soup. I call up the Siam to let them know they have given me the wrong dish, and the girl tells me that it is stir fried then has lots of extra broth. (Lots of extra broth? More like 2 cups of extra broth.) This is a complete menu description error. I can't say with confidence this has happened before, however when you are ordering an entree under noodles, and it says it's stir fried in the description without the knowledge of it being a soup. This isn't a terrible mistake but when I have a stir fry in mind and pay $31 for two people, I want what I ordered. I ended up cooking white rice at home and added it to the soup. I and left over for days.

The no shrimp soft roll in fact did have shrimp in it. (Even with pulling them out it still had that fishy smell. No thank you.)

My boyfriend say the crab rangoon had a weak flavor and the wrappers were not good. The #23 was fine.

Overall I will say the flavor I had in the #27 was great but I was highly disappointed since the menu description is wrong. This seems like such a simple thing to change too.

Pros: BYOB, Flavor, Vegan options
Cons: Wrong menu description
veglife00
veglife00

Excellent food!

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

Siam Pad Thai is my favorite Thai restaurant in the area, with many vegetarian options and either vegan dishes or dishes that can be made vegan. The quality of the food is much better than Thai 9.

Pros: Excellent food, Many vegetarian options, Friendly staff
Cons: Small restaurant

Dear Owner and Manager of Siam Pad Thai: