Best in Hangzhou
Posted on 10 / 26 / 2011
Just finished writing a really long review on this place and thanks to a technical glitch, it is gone. So... elevator pitch version:
- closes at 9pm
- organic claims are a bit dodgy.. they use factory made mock meats and mass produced / questionable condiments
- some of the foods are frozen and warmed up (we got one that was still cold inside)
- tea is not great, best avoided
- juice menu is interesting. try a hot grain smoothie
- service is really friendly, albeit not in english ;)
- menu is big but not so if you want to avoid the mocks
We still think it was probably the best we came across in Hangzhou, so kudos to them for helping us all out with food that, despite all the shortcomings, is still pretty good.
Try the buckwheat dumplings, they are interesting and we loved the fact that they replaced the white flour with something nutritious.
Probably close to a 3.5 but to balance out all the 5's will go with 3 for now.
friendly, helpful service, unique drinks, no MSG and probably some organics
processed ingredients, frozen foods, bad tea