Serves meat, veg options available. Healthier Japanese food. Menu specifies which items are vegetarian suitable like the tempeh rolls, avocado rolls, and cucumber rolls - ask if contains mayonaise or not. Also offers tofu salad, organic brown rice, quinoa inari, and labeled other vegetarian items. Food is fresh and carefully prepared. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

vegan frog
vegan frog

Excellent veg options

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2015

The best sushi place I have been to in Vancouver. They use organic rice and ingredients when possible, they have tons of vegetarian (mostly vegan) options clearly marked on the menu.
The avocado rolls and gomae are delicious! I am fussy about deep fried items in the same oil as fish or animal products and I suspect that this is the case there so I have not tried any fried items like tempura and agedashi tofu. Still, there are plenty of other safe options, and I recommend this restaurant for sushi eaters and lovers. They also offer take outs.
The location on Broadway is in my opinion better than the one on Hornby.

Pros: Lots of veg options clearly marked, Free parking at back, Organic options
Cons: Possible deep fat fryer contamination
philblais
philblais

One of my favourite vegan-friendly restaurants

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

I eat at Shizenya quite often. There food is awesome and they have plenty of vegan options. I'm really happy that they prepare vegan agedashi tofu as it is often cooked with fish broth. If you are vegan or vegetarian, you need to try this place.

Pros: Vegan friendly menu, Excellent service, High quality food
Cons: Its a small place, possible wait time

Dear Owner and Manager of Shizenya: