Restaurant is in a historic old church. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Take-out
117 E Division St (20 minute drive from Everett)
Arlington, Washington 98223
360 403-9020

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by pigfrnd
Akjonasen
Akjonasen

So Yummy

5 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

This restaurant has a cute artsy environment and welcoming owners that greet you like family at the door. Any vegetarian item can be made vegan. If you feel like getting your hair done or a tattoo just simply go upstairs when your done with your delicious meal and do it! Also offer great drink specials on sundays! Couldn't be happier with everything they have to offer will definatelly be making it back there ASAP.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Delicious Food, Can make anything on menu vegan
Cons: Absolutely nothing
KWSeattle
KWSeattle

Yum, yum, yum!

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2010

I've been only once, but I'll gladly go again when I'm in the area. Their vegetarian chili, one of the lunch specials, is some of the best that I've ever had (and I'm fussy!). It's not just good for a small town---it shines among vegetarian/vegan food in the Seattle area. There are lots of options, and almost anything can be made vegan. Check out their menu online. Enjoy!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good prices
HappySeattleVegan
HappySeattleVegan

Great food, interesting atmosphere

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2010

We ate there today and we were very happy with what we ordered. There was a Magic The Gathering event today, different crowd. The food was spectacular! The vegan avocado/pesto burger was fantastic, had a very barbecue flavor to it. The wait staff was very friendly. We are definitely happy to go back and eat there again. Be careful of eating any menu item with Morningstar - very few of their items are vegan. I know for a fact the sausage patties have egg whites in them. Good food!

Pros: Good food, Comfort food, Left feeling full
Cons: Long wait for food, Too many businesses in one, Can see someone getting tattoo from seat
mjakubi
mjakubi

very positive experience

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2010

my husband and I ate here on Saturday after a long bicycle ride. I ordered the veggie burger hold the thousand island and no cheese. Our waitstaff asked me if I was vegan, I said I was. He then took the time to explain that the thousand island was housemade with Vegannaise. The burger was delicious, (the IPA to wash it down was good also.) My husband had the chili, which was vegan and our server had no problem bringing him extra chopped onions on the side. I would definely eat here again. From the posters it appears that they have many all ages shows on the weekends.

Pros: vegan, friedly staff, kid friendly
Cons: not ada accessible
Rosanne
Rosanne

Vegans Beware

2 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2009

The food at Shire Cafe was good - but too bad they aren't really Vegan friendly. I ordered Hummus with pita, and then the Vegan Gyro. It was very good, and we loved the pita bread. We asked our server if the bread was available for purchase - it wasn't but she supplied the bag that the pita came in (so we could get the name). Well, the pita bread had milk in it!! It is NOT a vegan option and the restaurant was in error. I received no apology and was told that I didn't say "vegan" - which wasn't true.

So Vegans beware!! I'd ask about every item that you order at this restaurant.

Pros: good food, friendly staff
Cons: Unclear on what vegans eat, Not ready labels for vegan acceptable

rhondagoebel
rhondagoebel

flavorful food - cool hangout

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2008

If you're looking for a fun comfortable place to hang out & some yummy flavors, this place is it. They also have a tatoo/piercing shop, hair cuttery, bead shop, readings, massage, etc. & wiccanish jewels, books & gadgetry. Tall ceilings & a stage, must be awesome accoustics! Love this place!

CrispyOne
CrispyOne

Worth the drive!

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2007

We rode our motorcycles up to the Shire Cafe today. The staff were friendly. They were out of vegan "burgers" which was disappointing as I was really looking forward to trying the pesto avacado "burger." I had the chicken sandwich instead which was really good. My husband (the meat eater) had the veggie burger which he also enjoyed. The fries were a bit undercooked which made them sort of soggy. Overall, I would recommend the place and really enjoyed seeing such a great selection of items that I could actually eat! I would definitely eat there again.

Pros: Great vegan choices, Friendly staff, Good food
Cons: Undercooked fries, All the way in Arlington, Out of vegan "burgers"
pigfrnd
pigfrnd

YEAH Vegan food in Arlington

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2007

Very accomidating owners. The restaurant is vegetarian with all offerings vegan. The calzones are amazing!! and save room for the apple turnover! it is worth the drive to Arlington.

Pros: GREAT FOOD, great music on sundays
Cons: long tables difficult, round tables better, SLOW service

Dear Owner and Manager of Shire Cafe: