Serves meat, veg options available. Was vegan but added meat Aug 2010. Casual restaurant, ice & tea house. Self service. Menu includes many faux meat dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Taiwanese, Asian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by viacapricorn
veganroach
veganroach

Great Food and Service Every I Time I Go

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2011

I love this place. I have been there several times and I am always charmed by the staff and the food is imaginative and delicious. On my most recent visit, a couple of days ago, I got tofu with mixed vegetables in a brown sauce. I was served a large portion with rice and got a barbacue tofu appetizer -- also delicious. I honestly have never had a bad meal there. I wish I lived closer so that I could go more often. Their vgetarian menu hasn't suffered at all from the addition of meat selections. Their prices are reasonable. The bubble teas are a whimsical treat. I wish they would move to Midtown

Pros: Imaginative Menu, Warm Staff, Fair pricing
AliVegan
AliVegan

OMG Crispy chick-un!

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

I've had the Asian mock-meat all over the place, but I have to say that Shing Wang's crispy "chicken" is one of, if not the, best. Try the mango crispy "chicken" and you'll see what I mean! The bubble tea is also great. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful, and you can't help but get hooked on the Chinese soap operas on the tv!

Pros: amazing mock-meats, friendly staff, bubble tea!
Cons: none!
csghpfan
csghpfan

Great food - now in veg-friendly version

4 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2009

Been to this little place twice. My first time it was still fully vegan, and again a couple of weeks back. I guess they were forced to add meat to their menus to survive. The vegetarian menu continues to be a true delight, just make sure you ask for it when ordering. The serving staff is friendly and helpful. The bubble tea options are just divine!

Pros: Cheap, Great taste, Bubble Tea
Cons: Small space, If busy, may take long to get food

consciousma
consciousma

Fun!

5 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2009

What a fun place, I found it after I moved out of the area so I've only been there once, but will surely go back. The staff is the owner and family, very very friendly and we had a nice talk with them. They told us that they ensure the kitchen is vegan, there is some dairy but that is prepared separately.

We had many items on the menu and loved all of them, the bubble tea was a fun treat. My favorite item was the inari. Everything is prepared fresh and to order.

Pros: friendly staff, great food
fiskadoro
fiskadoro
  • non-vegetarian

Good food, friendly staff, authentic Chinese!

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2009

Well, I have eaten here twice, both times were very good. I have had the bitter melon, which I don't often see in the U.S. but it is a staple in China. Very nice dish. I also had the eggplant dish, it was pretty good, and the portion wasn't mammoth, but then again, I only paid $7.50 or so. For some reason, restaurants in South Florida tend to be overpriced, so whatever.

I don't really do the fake-meat thing, so I got the tofu, and wow! Very nicely done. Great texture and taste, not fried to death or all soggy.

Actually, I suspect that this food is more Taiwanese-style, but since I am not so familiar with Taiwan food as I am mainland Chinese food, I can just attest that it tastes like stuff i used to eat a lot in China, minus the tons of oil.

They also have boba tea, for those of you that indulge.

Support this place. Authentic and tasty Chinese food is difficult to find (by a long shot) in South Florida, and at these prices, they really are doing a good service.

Jiayou!

imranimal
imranimal

give this place some business

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2009

awesome restaurant, good prices. teas are awesome. specify if you're vegan and you should have no problem. highly recommend the "drum sticks" very nice people, come give this place some business people

Brad
Brad

taiwanese faux meat restaurant

3 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2009

Most of the food here was good. The downside was that the portions were small for the price, but then again, this is miami. The duck and chicken dishes were really good.

viacapricorn
viacapricorn

A Vegan Must

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2008

I found this restaurant on Happy Cow and decided to try it out. Small informal place but very cozy. The people were very friendly and the food was excellent. I had vegan wonton soup and a noodle dish with vegetables and soy chicken. It was worth every penny. Will def go back whenever I am in the Miami area!

Dear Owner and Manager of Shing Wang: