Sheng Hai - Saint Love...

Veg restaurant with a small store inside. Also known as "Between Heaven and Earth." Mostly vegan, a few things with milk. Good portions and price. Free wi-fi. No English sign. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Indonesian
180, 2F, Fuhua East Road (Panyu district)
Guangzhou, China
86-020-88466668, 020-34805577

Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm

First Review by VeganSoapDude
iTom
iTom

a Good Find

3 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find this place in Panyu. The service was very good and the portions were large. Some dishes included mock "fat" along with the mock pork and it was very realistic. Maybe too real!

Overall it was worth.the trip, but not outstanding. My friends (local) thought other restaurants in the area had better food.

Pros: Service, Value
Cons: A little hard to find, Food could be better
bryennekay
bryennekay

Lovely place in Panyu

5 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2013

Perahaps I'm biased because I live in Panyu and this is the only veg place I've found, but this place is heaven. It is also very easy to find, it's located on the 2nd floor but there are people to greet you on the first floor.

Unlike the first reviewer, I didn't have any problems with my bill. The appetizers, tea and rice were all free, I only paid for the meal and all the groceries. The grocery store is small but I found a few things I hadn't seen elsewhere. The woman who works there is so sweet and will write down instructions on how to cook the food when you get home (in Chinese so it's time to call your Chinese friends).

The portions are huge, delicious and reasonably priced; the atmosphere is really laid back and relaxing. This will definitely be a new regular spot for me.

Pros: great food, super friendly, good price
VeganSoapDude
VeganSoapDude

Good food, be careful with the bill...

3 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

This restaurant is very reasonably priced except for one thing - They add things to the bill without telling you the price. Appetizers (peanuts and pickled veggies), tea, and rice are all extra. This is not super uncommon in China, but it's important that you know! Rice, tea, and appetizers will run you an extra 13rmb.

Other than that, the portions are big, and the food is good. The menu has pictures. If you're in Panyu, this a great place. If not, it's definitely not worth the trip.

Pros: only veg place in Pany, free wifi, large portions
Cons: hidden charges, not 100% vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Sheng Hai - Saint Love Vegetarian: