Shelly's Honkin Huge Garden...

Food cart selling veggie burritos and fresh lemonade with cane sugar for takeaway. Burritos come in various sizes including giant, aka honkin' huge. Uses local produce. Makes fresh pico de gallo. Will accommodate custom burrito orders. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, American, Fast food, Take-out only

Coffeechit
Coffeechit

Good food

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

When I worked downtown going to Shelly's was a treat. The food is fresh and good and cheap!

Chia
Chia

Burritos and Lemonade

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2009

I was here in September 09 and am pleased to share my review of Shelly's Honkin' Huge on HappyCow.net. It was my first trip to Portland. This is a food cart, not a restaurant.

I got there late as the shop was closing but was able to catch up with Shelly and chatted with her a little bit. Friendly with a big smile. The menu is simple, basically burritos and lemonade. Shelley explained that she makes the salsa and other ingredients fresh in the morning. This food cart is located right in the Pioneer Court Square along with a few other food carts and coffee stands. You can take your food and eat it in the square directly in front of the cart. Worth checking out when in downtown Portland.

Pros: can customize order
VeganSkatePunk
VeganSkatePunk

Satisfying experience all around.

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2009

The person working the cart was super helpful. I asked for a vegan burrito and she told me just about every ingredient in everything that went into it, without me even asking. Which was exactly what I wanted to hear (because it becomes a bit of a bother to do that at every single "vegan friendly" place. Plus, they were big, and delicious.
The discount for it being vegan was a nice touch. All food eateries should practice this.
Next time I'm downtown, and famished, I'm going here.

rochelle0123
rochelle0123

Not Your Typical One Handed Burrito!

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2009

These things are HUGE...and I've only had the medium size! Try and go a little before noon or after 1pm...this is a popular place and lunch lines tend to form. But they move quickly and there friendly customer service makes it all worth it.

Pros: Filling, Healthy, Friendly Staff
Cons: Basic Ingredients
wannabscully
wannabscully

This place/lady is awesome.

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2009

I have only had this once, and it was before I went vegan but it was honkin' and heavenly. The lady who runs the cart is extremely nice and she constructs a fantastic burrito. You could easily make it vegan and she charges you less, but when I had it it was with cheese and it was great. This cart puts the great veggie burritos in Eugene, and Mama's mexican kitchen in Seattle too shame.

Pros: Tasty, Huge, Cheap and Sweet
Cons: Outside when it rains, Busy at lunchtime
syork2
syork2

Soooo honkin' huge (and delicious!)

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2008

The burritos are SO good! I got a medium-sized one and it was HUGE! I can't imagine the "honkin'" size! The owner is SO nice and happy! You could tell she was happy to be doing what she loves -- making vegan and vegetarian food! The food is really great and it's definitely worth the small amount of money you pay! As a visitor to Portland, it was great to see a friendly vegan face and get some great vegan food!

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff
Cons: Food cart

Dear Owner and Manager of Shelly's Honkin Huge Garden Burritos - Food Cart: