Sharmaji Indian Veggie Rest...

Tasty food, but uses dairy in many dishes so confirm if you're vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

Stevie
Stevie

Sharmaji Indian Veggie Restaurant, Hong Kong

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

I had dinner here with my girlfriend last night. We both thought it was excellent.

We took a look at the menu and then asked the lady if they offered a thali. I was pointed at a part of the menu with special offers on. Since I'm vegan we also asked what was free from milk products (no need to worry about eggs in a vego Indian restaurant as Indians don't consider egg vegetarian). The lady serving was more than helpful. As if we were being difficult enough we asked if some of the items in the combo we were ordering could be changed around a little. The lady serving again was both accommodating and pleasant.

1st up was a samosa chaat. Very nice. Then there was the thali deluxe dish we had ordered from the menu with the requested customisation on this. My girlfried had requested poori instead of rice and paratha that is on the menu. We were expecting 2 but a third was brought out (I suspect in response to the comment I made about my dining companion being a poori addict).

This was great food, really tasty, and not overdone with chilli so neither of us disappeared into a pool of perspiration. 35 bucks for the chaat and 75 for the deluxe, 110 bucks honky seemed decent value to me.

Pros: vegan friendly, Tasty good value food, Helpful waitress
bonn93
bonn93

Tasty, simple and inexpensive

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

I really liked this restaurant - we visited twice. You can buy inexpensive meal sets that include one or two curries and a bread. I had black dal with a parantha bread, vegetables and rice. It was all very tasty. The second time my dal had a small dollop of butter on top though, so be careful if you are a strict vegan. The service was also very friendly.

Shiprex
Shiprex

Tasty Indian Takeaway

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

After being recommended to visit a walk to find this place was greeted with calm and serene atmosphere and pleasant staff keen to make your visit enjoyable. A query about vegan dishes was answered without trouble and complete understanding. Will be using this as a local for Veggie fast food

Pros: Price, Range , Variety
Cons: Location

JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Crazy buzy at lunch time

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

In the jewelry district.

Feeding the Jain & Marwari gem dealers.

Run by a couple from Himachal Pradesh.

I always order a thali with extra chapatis.

The rice is very, very white.

Not enough veggies for my liking.

Regulars seem to get served first - expect a long wait if you visit at lunchtime.

A lot of dairy used - vegans specify clearly.

Blue Cloud
Blue Cloud

Interesting food

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

I would have enjoyed the dining experience a lot better if it weren't for one of the staff to recommend almost identical dishes to us. Because we were new to this type of cuisine we kindly asked a staff member to help us and she pointed out 3 dishes that had pastries made in different shapes...but as we found out, of the same taste. The tastes were nice but because we managed to sample only the same thing three times but paid more than expected for it, I hope that other consumers would be more careful than me coming here.

Pros: Small portions for moneys worth
Cons: Misleading staff member, Too little sauce, Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Sharmaji Indian Veggie Restaurant: