CLOSED: Sharda Vegetarian...

Simple but clean place. Upstairs seating with small family section. Bright lights. Fairly extensive menu with vegan options. DEC 2013 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by Ashni
chrisinuae
chrisinuae

One of my favs!

4 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

I order from here quite regularly after finding it about 2 months ago. I love their food! Especially their veg briyani, which has so many amazing herbs in it. YuM! i've also had their paneer dishes and other, amazing! I usually talk to Hitesh (spelling?) He's got good English and is happy to help with the order. I definately recommend Sharda Rest! I"ve never seen the restaurant so I won't give it excellent for that reason...

Pros: excellent food, healthy , good portions
Ashni
Ashni

Tasty home-cooked Indian food

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2011

I absolutely love Sharda and have been eating here almost every few days for the past 3 months. It is an informal restaurant with a till and sweet shop downstairs (where I often order takeaway from), and a seating and family area upstairs.

Their menu is fairly extensive containing various different thalis, soups, rice dishes like biryani, South Indian snacks (e.g. idli and uttapum) which are only available for breakfast and dinners, and made to order curries.

I usually order their Gujarati thali which contains rotis, a few vegetable curries, daal and rice. The Gujarati food is exactly like the food my parents cook at home and I can't get enough of it. It is made using a beautiful blend of spices and flavour, without containing too much oil or salt leaving you feeling heavy afterwards like so many other Indian restaurants do.

The man at the till speaks good English. The waiters upstairs speak little English, however the man downstairs can help you with your order if you are having difficulty choosing.

Very cheap! I usually pay between AED 8-15 for my thali depending on whether I want rice or not. The curries are around AED 15 (and if you order curries individually they are large enough for 2 meals).

Pros: Tasty, cheap, healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Sharda Vegetarian Restaurant: