Indian restaurant in the Sharanam Green hotel facing the main road 5 minutes walk downhill on the left hand side from St Anthony Chapel in Calangute. Also makes Chinese & Italian food. It seems all the Indian food contains dairy produce. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Chinese, Indian, Italian
Guaravaddo, Candolim Road, Bardez (Calangute)
Goa, India 403516
0832-2279943

First Review by Stevie
Stevie
Stevie

Sharanam Green, Goa

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2010

I strolled into this place for lunch and had a conversation with the waiter asking which dishes were made without milk products. It took a little doing to get the message through but we stuck at it and appeared to get there in the end. I asked about a few of the Indian dishes but was told each time that they contained either milk, butter or ghee. I tried a couple of the dishes and he gave me the green light on both. Thus I tried the veg clear soup followed by Chinese chop suey (both appear to be standards on menus in Indian restaurants that also claim to do Chinese food. Both dishes were absolutely fine and typically inexpensive.

Location is easy to find - from the chapel that the trafic drives around in Calangute, if you walk downhill on the main road this place is a 5 min stroll on the left side of the road.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Inexpensive
Cons: Lots of dairy based Indian dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Sharanam Green: