Shanti Lodge Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Guest house with a small restaurant. Most of the menu is vegetarian. Stuffed tofu (some contain cheese), pumpkin dishes, chips, burgers, pasta, Indian dishes. Vegan salad dressing available. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Thai, Western, International, Non-veg
1/2 Soi Bangrae, Choafa Nok Road, Ao Chalong
Phuket, Thailand

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gins
Mayusha
Mayusha

Bed service((I was disaррointed(

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

By so many good reviews I chose this restaurant to celebrate my Birthday...
I wanted to have a good lunch with my husband..but was totally disaррointed((

The service was so bad...we had to wait 20 min or half an hour..then they brought us 1 dish!!!!We were very hungry at that moment, both of us..and the serving was sooo small like for a lady-on-a-diet...so we two was taking half-half hardly satisfied our hunger we waited another 10 min to take the rest of our order...

tiny servings, high рrices and bad service(((((((unfortuantely

surrounding is nice- garden with shadowy trees, рond, green bushes, quite рlace..but their dog was roaming around not tall enough tables so she can easily sniff it((I like dogs, but I don't like their saliva on the dining tabes((((

That's it(

Pros: quite green surrounding, wooden tables
Cons: high рrices, tiny servings, lazy service
MaccyZ
MaccyZ

Great meal :)

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2012

The best meal we had on our whole stay in Phuket (and ironically, one of the cheapest)! Such a nice, warm atmosphere, very laid-back and a beautiful homely setting - very natural with lots of wood, greenery and a swimming pool. We were also greeted by two adorable dogs and some kittens we just fell in love with. The food was incredible, such a huge menu with a great variety of both veggie/vegan and non-veggie dishes - something that can be hard to find in Phuket. We especially loved the satay tofu pocket and the pumpkin with cashew nuts - just amazing and so creative. The food was a little slow on arrival but chilling out with some delicious cocktails completely made up for it. Plus, the staff were so friendly and hard-working, so we gave them a big tip, as we thought they deserved it. I thoroughly recommend to visit here when staying in Phuket!

Pros: amazing food, extensive variety, great atmosphere
Cons: a little slow
naturesjoy
naturesjoy
  • non-vegetarian

pumpkin soup

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

Amazing is all I have to say... They have a pool for the kids to swim while you wait for your food and wait you will for it takes (seems like) forever before the food arrives at your table. You also have to tell them you are there to eat, and you have to find your own seat. Not much service. HOWEVER, that said, the food is WORTH the wait especially if you aren't in a hurry and enjoy sitting around or swim while you wait! Truly, the food is great!

Pros: great food, relaxing, casual
Cons: long time before order comes, not really any customer service, did I mention a LOOOONG Wait!

gins
gins

Stuffed Tofu Galore

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2010

Although the menu is not 100% veggie there are heaps of vegetarian dishes to choose from. Like lentils balls, spring rolls to veggie burgers. There are twelve stuffed tofu dishes on the menu (though some contain cheese - but mostly not). And the salad dressing vegan as it is made from garlic, sesame seeds and vinegar (though check you are getting this one when ordering). There is also a whole page of pumpkin dishes. It is a little more expensive then usual Thai food and the service can be lacking sometimes (don't think they are used to people working in off the street - so be forthright and say you are there for food) but the imaginative and varied dishes make it worthwhile.

Pros: varied tofu dishes, imaginative dishes
Cons: service can be a little strained

Dear Owner and Manager of Shanti Lodge Restaurant: