Shameless Grounds

Serves meat, veg options available. Saint Louis coffee cafe with a large food menu. Vegan and vegetarian items labeled and includes soup, salads, sandwiches, eggplant and mushroom skewers, Asian slaw, and hummus. Free wi-fi and a lending library with a variety of media related to human sexuality, entertainment, and education. Previously at 2650 Sidney St. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by Cesario25
Raesock
Raesock

Delicious Sandwich!

3 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

I was traveling with some non veg friends and we could all agree on this place for lunch. I somehow missed the fact that it was a sex positive lending library so that was a surprise, but it was fine. There weren't many vegan options, but I was into the few they had. I had the farmer's daughter and it was very delicious! I would go back and have it again!
The service was weird though. There were four of us, and it was around 1 o'clock. There were a few other people there, but not many. My sandwich came out first, after about 15 minutes, and the other three came out one at a time over the next 20 minutes. It was strange, and we even had to go ask for the last one because it had been so long we thought they had forgotten.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 14, 2013

Pros: great food, resonably priced, vegan options clearly marked
Cons: slow service
TheNerd
TheNerd

Sexy Veg

3 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2013

Love the laid-back accepting atmosphere. There aren't a lot of veg options, but the ones they have are clearly marked. Often times vegans are "stuck" with the hummus, but they serve no ordinary hummus platter - an impressive spread of veggie and pita bits end up being rather filling. The coffee bar offers soymilk along side the cream and sweeteners.

Cesario25
Cesario25

Ecstasy

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

So, Shameless Grounds is a lot of things. Situated in the Koken Art Factory, it is an oasis of food and drink. With a full espresso bar and (sometimes vegetarian) daily specials that will make you drool, Shameless is definitely somewhere worth visiting. I had the Farmer's Daughter, which was fantastic. All the food is of excellent quality and very reasonable price. The atmosphere and the staff are warm and inviting. But as a sex-positive coffee house, there is some of the art is a little risque, so think first before bringing grandma.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Shameless Grounds: