Brescia vegan restaurant. Cooking courses offered. Call ahead for opening hours. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Indian, Beer/Wine

First Review by dearivan
AndreaVeg
AndreaVeg

amazing gnocchi

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

the place is really nice and welcoming and the staff very friendly, the food is really good, prepared with great skill and served with care, the only flaw: the portions were far from abundant (nouvelle cousine's style)

Pros: gnocchi, nice place, very good food
Cons: small portions
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

You need to be a member of the association to eat

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2010

Be careful !!! It's not a restaurant but an association (it's free to become member, their religion is Ahimsa); And if the pretty decor is Indian, the food (very good) isn't at all Indian !!!

For 18€ you have one dish with 3 things (hummm gnocchi), one dessert and a hot drink (test yogi tea).

dearivan
dearivan

Lovely surprise

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2008

I am an Italian from Brescia living in London and last time I was back home I went searching for a vegan restaurant I knew opened a few years before and I really hoped it was there still . And it was !! The menu was divided into courses from starters to desserts or alternatively it offered a special selection of smaller portions which is the option my partner and I opted for .
Each dish was served with a little introduction by the waitress/owner of the restaurant.
The food was tasty and well presented , the atmosphere was relaxed and intimate , in the small cosy room there were a few other customers who all seemed to enjoy the food .
The above waitress was quite happy to stop and have a chat with us and eating at Shaktifood turnd out to be a relly nice experience .
Unfortunately I cannot remember what we paid for our dinner but I can say it was reasonable .
If anything should be said about the menu is that it could do with a few more basic ingredients rather than rely heavily on tofu or seitan but that is a really minor compain !
Will be back soon

Pros: price, taste, atmosphere
Cons: variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Shaktifood: