Upscale vegetarian dining. Serving fusion food with Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and Indian influences. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Asian Fusion, Beer/Wine, Take-out
225 Clarendon St, South Melbourne
Melbourne , Victoria 3205
03-9682-2207

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Aloo
sriblet
sriblet

Fresh and Delicious

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

I happened to be walking down Clarendon street when I saw a sign for Shakahari and notice it was a vegetarian restaurant. I checked out the menus outside and it sounded good so I headed in.

I had a wonderful time and am so glad I went in! The food was fantastic, very fresh and flavorful. I had and recommend both the Green Papaya and the Satay Shakahari. The portions were good sized so I was very full by the time my meal was over. The prices were well within Australia's high range, high but not extravagant.

The service was also great. I didn't catch the names of the waiter or bartender but both were very friendly and helpful.

I will certainly return the next time I'm in Melbourne, thanks for a great time!

Pros: Great food, Friendly and good service
Cons: Expensive, but not too bad by Australia standards
Kittybiscuit
Kittybiscuit

Tasty food and great service

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

I ate here with another friend so we shared the avocado tempura entree which was delicious. I had the quinoa croquettes as a main and they were very tasty and served with some salad and broccoli. My friend had the moorish rice which had a lot of flavour. We also shared a tofu caramel dessert which was nice and not too sweet. I find the noise levels much better than the Carlton restaurant. The service was efficient and they were happy for us to order dessert after waiting for our main meals to settle. As the previous reviewer mentioned, it is more expensive than some other vegetarian restaurants in Melbourne but it is worth every cent!
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 13, 2013

Pros: choice, flavour, nice location
Aloo
Aloo

South Melbourne Shakahari Too delights the locals

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

There is no mistaking the Shakahari flavour at this new restaurant. Similar menu, and service..which is just exceptional. The food did not disapoint either. I had an amazing green laksa, which had intricate flavours, topped with tempeh and tofu and green vegies. It was delightful.
It is a little pricey compared to most Melbourne vegetarian restaurants, but well worth it. Especially for a celebratory meal.

Pros: Innovative Food, Plenty of vegan options, service

Dear Owner and Manager of Shakahari Too: