A vegan Italian restaurant that makes pizza, pasta, panini sandwiches, and burgers. Kitchen closes 10:30pm. Delivery call 0157-37541073. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, Pizza, Western, Take-out, Delivery
Treptower Strasse 95 (Sonnenallee)
Berlin, Germany 12059
0151-26966839

Open Mon 5-11pm, Wed-Sun 3-11pm.

First Review by beer and veg
Kyttiara
Kyttiara

Not for me but amazing place!

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

I think everybody likes this place because: There is SO MUCH choice. I mean literally. The menu is never ending, which make it hard to choose. I've heard they've changed the menu since. But for me : too many options = poor quality or not fresh ingredients.
So: Amazing Vegan pizza place, you can have everything here from seafood pizza to salmon, to 4 cheeses... Waw! I've never heard of such another place before! it's quite unique. Always crowded even on brunches.
I had a pizza with vegs etc, pretty simple and it was good, even if I'm not a fan of vegan cheese, and especially there was only wheat dough so I couldn't finish, was to heavy and I would have been sick. But try it it's truly amazing!

Pros: tons of options, 100% vegan, even fish, cheese etc
Cons: no gluten free, too crowded, waiters not friendly because too busy
EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

Extensive vegan menu - easily 12 or more pages!

3 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

The 100% vegan menu at Sfizy Veg is extensive. However, it is all in German and it was very difficult to decipher. The only waitress, taking orders and serving the fully packed restaurant, did not have time to answer queries. I went with a salami and three-cheese pizza which should have been phenomenal, but sadly it was not. The pizza came with blue cheese blobs. I have never been a fan of blue cheese and had I known this was an element of the pizza I would have ordered something else. My partner chose a calzone and a spicy pizza with pepper. He was very happy. Had I understood better what I was ordering I'm sure my choice of dinner would have been equally as amazing. As to say, the menu is vast so there is definitely something for everyone: pizza, pasta, spaghetti, calzones, pies, burgers, anti-pasta. There is even a burger pizza (pizza with a burger bun on top from what we could make out!) The service was fine, a little abrupt, but I think this could be expected given that the waitress was working under pressure alone. I would like to visit again at a quieter time and choose another dish, perhaps a carbonara with faux bacon and cheese sauce. I tried to order again but was told that the kitchen had closed. This was at 10.10pm - despite the Happy Cow description stating that the kitchen is open until 10.30pm. We dined outside and perhaps would not do this again. There were six unsupervised children from the local area running amok in the street. This did not contribute to what could have been a nice evening atmosphere.

Pros: Full restaurant suggests food is fab
Cons: Hard to understand menu for non-Germans
Angenietes
Angenietes

supernice

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

On thursdays they have a buffet with pizza, salads, potatowedges and bread with stuff on top. Sometimes I thought I was eating cheese, how do they do that?? It was really really nice, but get there early because it can be busy!

Pros: lot's to choose from, yummie food, nice atmosphere
Cons: very warm inside, dishes get cold

Pitanguinha
Pitanguinha

paradise!

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

As mentioned in other reviews, this place is a paradise for vegan people. Just choose one pizza of the many options and enjoy the atmosphere. It's really nice decorated with a lot of details. I ordered a pizza with eggplant and dried tomato and vegCheese and it was heavenly delicious! A little bit too salty but I think it's because of the dried tomatoes. I'm not a huge fan of vegan cheese but it was really delicious.

Fedjie26
Fedjie26

Huge selection of vegan pizza!

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Visited this restaurant on a Friday evening so was very crowded but great place to enjoy calzones and pizza! I had the calzone with spinach and ricotta and my husband had the chili pizza. Huge servings! Definitely recommend if you're a fan of pizza or Italian. Located 1/2 mile from trainstop and close to another vegan restaurant.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

best vegan pizza ever

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

The pizza was amazing! I had the "bacon ad Gorgonzola" (all vegan of course), and it was fantastic. The homemade vegan Gorgonzola melted in my mouth and had a lovely strong flavour. The crust was thin and crispy and chewy.

JonJon
JonJon

This place is a paradise for a vegan pizza lover!

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Definitely my favourite place in Berlin, since I love vegan pizzas. They offers a really large choice of pizzas, which are really large and yummy. We tried the calzone (excellent!) and the burger pizza that has a cheese burger on its center. Very nice! The staff is friendly and the place has a really nice vibe. Usually crowded on evenings, so do not hesitate to come early to have a seat.

Pros: many choices of vegan pizzas, excellent food, great portions, affordable, nice vibes, friendly staff
saramarshall
saramarshall

Best place EVER

5 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

As mentioned in another review, if you're vegan and you like pizza this is the place for you. There's something like 12 pages of pizza alone to choose from on top of foccacia, pasta and salads. I had the capricciosa pizza which was perfect. I wish I lived close enough so I could go here every week.

Pros: Delicious pizza, Choice, Cool inside
NIlsI
NIlsI

junkfood

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

It is the best place to have a super junky vegan with cheese pizza I know. They also offer some crazy Pizzaburger - it is a Pizza and burger without the bread in the middle of the pizza... i dont understand it, but thats ok.

It is a lovely trashy place with the best pizza!

Pros: pizza, staff, price
jon active
jon active

Vegan Pizza Heaven!

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Heaven doesn,t exist as religion is nothing but a sick fairytale but this place is real and an absolute must for any vegan who likes pizza. In fact if you don,t like pizza this would be a good place to try something different, I had a bacon and cheese burger pizza with fries which meant i got an excellent bacon flavoured pizza with a burger and chips on top! The tiramisu was good too!

Pros: about 100 pizzas to choose from!, excellent cheese topping, not expensive
Cons: busy had top wait for a table
Miss_Anni
Miss_Anni

Best Place In Berlin

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2013

I just love this place. Staff is sometimes a bit stressed but that is understandable because of the work load.
The pizza tastes gorgeous, but you may have to wait quite a long time.

Pros: Cheap, Tons Of Different Pizzas
Cons: Crowded, Long Wait
jays
jays

amazing Pizza

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2013

they have a huge selection of all kinds of pizza. i tried the "Pizza Genau" which had cheese, peperoni and vegan salami on top. it was delicious!
they also offer pasta and burgers, smoothies, beer, wine, ice cream, milkshakes and pastries.
i really recommend this place if you want a great pizza.
the only negative thing about my experience there was, that the place was crowded and we had to wait pretty long till our food was ready, during the day it would probably be less crowded.

quidam
quidam

great pizza, lots of choices

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

Best vegan pizza I ever had. As you might read in the other reviews it´s quite crowded, but it´s a small place and really good, so that´s not a surprise.

Pros: really tasty pizza, lots of choices
KatieBatty
KatieBatty

BEST. PIZZA. EVER.

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

If you are vegan you MUST go to this place. I had the double bacon cheeseburger pizza - the pizza has tomato, onions, cheese and ham and then in the middle they put bacon, beef patties, cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickle (all vegan mock meat of course). It is SOO good.

My partner had the Hawaiian pizza which he loved. The pizzas are HUGE!! And really cheap. He had a chocolate milkshake which comes with chocolate ice-cream which was really nice. He also had a green smoothie which was very good.

The menu is about 100 pages! So many choices. You can get veggie pizza, tofu, fish, bacon, currywurst, indian, chicken... the list goes on! Looks like awesome pasta options too. They have cake, tiramisu and panna cotta for dessert as well as the milkshakes.

They speak English!

Pros: Best pizza, So many options, All vegan
ahronlu
ahronlu

The best vegan pizza!!

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2013

So many Options!
I really loved everything but specialy the bacon pizza with the double Cheeseburger on it!

Cons: nothing
Sussie
Sussie

worth a visit

3 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

It was very complicated to figure out when they were actually open as they apparantly have different opening hours during the summer so the first time we went there it was closed. We came back later, and though it was very busy and small we managed to get a table. There was a steady stream of customers all night and for a while even a queue out on the street and it seemed to be very popular. The crowd inside was a mix of families and hipster and the atmosphere was very cool despite its size.

There were plenty of options on the meny and it was a little confusing and we had trouble deciding what to order. We had to wait a while for our pizzas, but it did't matter too much as we enjoyed some milkshakes while we waited. The pizzas were very high quality and looked and tasted great, but they were WAY too greasy as they were drenched in olive oil.

we also had some of the desserts and they were all fantastic.

Pros: many options, quality ingredients, great desserts
Cons: greasy, small, opening hours
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Delicious!

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

Now that I've eaten here, I understand why there is always a long wait to get a table.

The food is really just great. Honest.

I'd definitely recommend going here for some great vegan pizza.

Pros: All-vegan, Vegan pizza
Cons: Long wait, Few tables
goamiez
goamiez

leckeres essen

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

haben bisher erst zwei mal bestellt, aber waren echt zufrieden. das essen war immer sehr lecker und preislich war es auch ok. super, dass es jetzt auch einen veganen versand gibt.

NotBuyingIt!
NotBuyingIt!

Delicious Vegan Pizza!

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2013

I have been to Sfizy Veg a few times and enjoyed everything I ate! Last time I went with one other vegan and 3 vegetarians (2 of them are from Milan). Everyone enjoyed their pizza and the 2 Italians said that the taste was on par with what they expect from any good pizza and would love to go back:) We all had different pizzas and shared - We had a Tre Formaggi, a Thuna, a Genua , a Chorizo and one other that I don't remember the name of - we all agreed that they were all good. There were no complaints outside of the Chorizo on the Chorizo pizza not being as spicy as expected (by a native Californian). On other visits I have had the pear and blue cheese pizza and another that I can't remember the name of right now - they were both good. The atmosphere is casual and you can choose your seating (additional seating outside during warm weather) and you have to bring your own silverware and napkins from the front counter and should put your plates on a designated cart when you are finished. The also have good calazones, tortes and espresso drinks, and homemade ice cream in the summer. The only bad thing is that they have limited opening hours.

Pros: friendly staff, generous portions, excellent taste and quality of food
Cons: Not open all day
Erdbeere
Erdbeere

Delicious

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

A Pizzeria-dream in vegan, absolutely recommendable!

Pros: excellent food, nice staff, cheap
Cons: bit crowded
Gudrun
Gudrun

Yummy Vegan Pizza in Berlin!

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2012

Finally a 100% vegan pizzeria! Their huge selection has been mentioned here several times, and really, it is impressive. Meanwhile they have more that 100 sorts of pizza, and some other stuff: panini, pasta, salads, weekly Italian menus. And of course starters and desserts. My friends and me shared 3 different pizzas and all were very delicious, just a bit on the fatty side so I guess I couldn't have one of those every day. Portions were huge. We also had a very good fresh salad and a yummy cherry cake. And they offer quite a selection of drinks, including wine. The atmosphere is relaxed / alternative / left-wing. It is possible to borrow books on animal rights, vegan food etc. (mostly in German).

Pros: Variety, Great Taste, Cheap + Good
Jeff Tracy
Jeff Tracy

Fantastic Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

Fantastic tasty Pizza, a huge selection of over 50 variations! Low prices and friendly!

beancurdled
beancurdled

FAT PIZZA

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2012

I ate one of these guys for dinner and an hour and a half later I'm still heaving full. By Berlin standards, Sfizy Veg ain't cheap but the portions are huge. I can't understand how everyone sitting in the crowded little pizzaria on a Wednesday evening finished the entire pizza sitting in front of them. Well, actually, I can. I did it. They're too tasty and satisfying to leave a crumb to waste.

I ordered the Alpen. A nicely cooked, chewy crust with a tomato sauce that seemed homemade, potato, brocoli, "cheese", "cream", sprinkled with black pepper. The brocoli had been pre-boiled, rather than blanched so was unfortunately a little bit mushy. The potato was in quite big chunks and hadn't had the chance to crisp up in the oven at all. The fake dairy stuff was good enough to fool me - rich and delicious. The toppings on my pizza were generous but looking around at what others were eating, some seemed a little bit sparse.

I'd recommend sharing with a friend because while I really enjoyed the first half of my pizza, I was too full to really appreciate the second half. My fault, should've taken half away. Or better still, picked one up to go, stopped by the supermarket on the way home for some salad greens and a bottle of wine and shared with a friend and a movie.

The premises themselves are really cute and cosy though, which you would miss if you just went for takeaway. Soft lighting, kitschy artefacts and pictures on the walls and a corner bookshelf make it a nice casual date destination. It does get crowded though and you might end up backed into a corner, having to step over baby wagons and dogs to make your way out.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 14, 2012

Pros: 100% vegan, sweet staff, cosy
Cons: spoiled for choice, crowded, dogs allowed inside
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

lackluster food

2 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

i was excited to try sfizy, because a few friends in berlin had talked it up. unfortunately, i was incredibly disappointed on the two different occasions i ate there. my first try was one of their calzones. it was possibly the worst calzone i have ever had... the filling mainly consisted of over-cooked spinach and watered down marinara sauce. i decided to try it one more time, and got two very mediocre slices of pizza on my last visit. i really wanted to like sfizy, but the food that i tried just wasn't good.

Pros: vegan, nice staff
Cons: the calzones, the pizza
Dofer
Dofer

Vegan pizzeria, who can ask for more?

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

Pizza. Pizza pizza pizza. Pizza!

Sorry for the opening line, but I had to say it. Vegan pizzeria! Even if the pizzas were not so good, it would still be great to eat there. Luckily, the pizzas are good. So let me just say once more: Pizza pizza pizza. Thank you.

Ok, so like people wrote here, there is a huge selection of pizzas (and spaghettis. But who cares about spaghetti when there is pizza?). Personally I tried the four cheeses pizza (I think it's called there in Italian, "quatro formaggi pizza") and the spinach and Ricota cheese pizza. They were both good, especially the four-cheeses one. It was an interesting experiment to eat four different kinds of non-cheese cheeses pizza.

The pizzas are huge and although I am famous in my eating abilities, it wasn't easy to finish them all by myself. I did finish them of course, both because I have enough self respect to always finish from the plate, and because the pizzas were too good to give up on a slice.

The pizzas are not perfect. Sometimes they are a little burned on the sides. The dough is tough to cut with a knife, and if you don't know that there is a special self-service tool to cut the pizza to slices, you will have problems to deal with pizza. You can't eat the whole full pizza with your hands. The shakes are ok but have too much soy-milk and not enough fruit.

A disadvantage is the limited opening hours. This doesn't leave much time to eat there as a tourist, and when the place is open, it's usually crowded, although I could always find some space to sit.

Another disadvantage is the location. I walked there from the Karl-Marx-Strasse u-bahn station, and it wasn't a pleasant walk in the evening. It's dark with some groups of men hanging around. I felt intimidated as a male (and I'm extremely tough male, of course!), and I wouldn't walk there if I was a woman.

But really the important thing here is the pizza, and it's much more important that the small disadvantages.

Pros: Pizza, Delicous pizza, Good value
Cons: Location, self-service not always clear
slithers
slithers

Plentiful Choice!

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

I haven't actually BEEN to the restaurant, so it is a bit weird to give a review, but I did get delivery from there, so here goes. The Menu is EXTENSIVE. Online, I could only find the German version so it was tough for me to order - I misunderstood one of my translations (pepper - thinking "bell pepper" in American, but meant hot pepper). Because of that, the pizza wasn't quite what I was expecting, but if I was ever in the area, I'd want to try it again. Crust is thin and crispy, sauce is thick and cheeze was decent (maybe daiya?), toppings were plentiful.

Pros: huge selection, all-vegan, decent amount of toppings
cmayr
cmayr

cheap, 50 vegan pizzas + pasta, no need to nitpick

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

This place is situated in a somewhat rundown part of Berlin that is popular among students with low income and immigrants and a bit too far away from trendy Kreuzkölln if you are easily scared by authentic people.
It used to be a cheap takeaway that has been transformed into the first vegan pizzeria in Europe. It is definitly not a fancy candlelight dinner restaurant, it is fairly small, self-service and a bit crunchy-granola. This said it is still a vegan's dream come true.
There is so much to chose from it is confusing at first. The pizzas are imaginative, most classics are there, too, they taste just as good as if you went to a pizzeria in Rome, safe for the fake cheese and salami/prosciutto/tuna of course. They are dirt cheap, drinks are cheap, too, there's pasta, cake for desert, focaccia.
So if you are looking for candles and red/white table cloth, don't come here. If you want a huge selection of vegan pizza that tastes great and is an absolute steal for the money (and will be delivered to your home/hotel in Kreuzberg, Neukölln and Treptow for a small charge) then this is the place to be.

Pros: great pizza, huge variety, really really cheap, i mean really!
Cons: small place
wildfang
wildfang

Vegan pizza parlour - just what was missing in B!

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

The amount of different styles of pizza is absolutely amazing - some are a bit strange, though (baked beans on pizza?). A pizza costs around six Euro and is thus really well priced. Also try their jacket potatoes! This place is definitely worth going to.

• wildfang wildfang

I'd like to add that last time (a week ago) that we went to Sfizy the toilets were incredibly dirty and super smelly - it really spoilt my appetite for pizza. It was so disgusting I couldn't bare changing my baby's nappy in there. I hope they will do something about this immediately... (update July 31, 2012)

beer and veg
beer and veg

Vegan Italian! In Neukoelln!!?

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

Rixdorf and NK in general is becoming a vegan hotspot! I was beyond excited when I saw Sfizy's sign: Vegetarian Italian Cooking. Everything is vegan and reasonably priced. I tried the Bacon Cheezy Burger and was pleased, but not thrilled. The burger was fine, sauce and tomato good, but the lettuce was well past peak. The potato chunks were excellent though. The second trip was far more rewarding. A "Giro Pizza Classico" for two was actually enough for two people and was delicious. The crust was fairly chewy, vegan cheese was cheesy, the toppings were excellent. The sauce was lacking, as were the herbs. I will forgive that, but perhaps a seasonings/condiments tray somewhere would be a nice touch.

I have to admit, however, that I was a little put off by the service. The pizza was put down on the table with few words and no table ware. I sat for a full five minutes or so before I realised that I must get my own steak knife to hack at the pizza, and then just make a mess on the table with no plate. This is fine, but not how I am used to eating. The ambiance in general was cozy, but not actually comfy. The chairs were too big for the tables and the tables were far too close together. As much as I wanted to read several of the books in the bookshelf behind me, I would rather have had the extra leg room. A stereo behind my head made conversation very difficult. The lights in the cooler chest of drinks were bright and made the place look like a spaetkauf. Hey, I'm picky, but hopefully someone out there is listening. One other thing: DESSERT. An Italian restaurant with NO DESSERT? pff! I can't always go to Vux, it closes at 7, so please add some desserts (like Tiramisu, mousse, whatever!)

Even with the negatives, I look forward to many return visits to Sfizy.

Pros: great pizza, price, beer available
Cons: furniture too crowded, need more seasonings available to add, not very comfy

Dear Owner and Manager of Sfizy Veg: