Organic food restaurant. Vegetarian main dishes, soups, salads, and breads. Casual dining. Sits 50 meters from Hornstull metro station. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Buffet, Swedish, European

First Review by Veganismus
Katt Hernandez
Katt Hernandez

Horrible to Employees

2 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

Seymous (the owner) routinely hires people for short periods of time, then fires them- sometimes charging them several thousand kronor for their supposedly "free" lunch break food. Most of those working for him are in positions where they are having a really hard time getting a job, and he terrorizes them with constant threats- some are immigrants having a hard time finding work, some are arbetsformedlingen assignees who are trying to re-enter the workforce after protracted illnesses or periods of unemployment. I have known two people who worked there- the people they worked alongside were really nice, but I heard really bad things from both of them abotu seymous himself. Please- don't encourage this man's business practises!Its not okay for huge corporations to treat their workers like crap- and its not okay for individual business owners either.

Pros: vegetarian
Cons: owner employs unethical practises
sigurdas
sigurdas

Good vegetarian place

4 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2013

Good place for vegans and vegetarians. Lot's of food to choose from, especially for vegetarians. Buffet is perfect for a really hungry person - eat as much as you like for a fixed price.

Pros: children friendly, eat as much as you like option, close to public transport
Cons: vegan options unmarked (have to ask)
Barbapapa249
Barbapapa249

Nice

3 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

The restaurant looks homely and pleasant and is really clean. Two soups to choose from, 5-8 hot dishes and maybe 10-15 cold dishes. I found the hot dishes tasting too specific for my taste, just not exactly 'it'. There were also pieces of pizza etc. under a warm lamp, but those were not warm. Salads were nice. When we were there several families with small children were eating as well. Prize includes water-with-taste and coffee. No desserts available except for grapes and other fruit on the salad bar.

Pros: Pleasant atmosphere, Kid-friendly, Open spaced
Cons: Some food not warm
LucidDreams
LucidDreams

Unfresh

2 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

Last time i ate there it did not feel fresh at all and food was not at all good. We didn't even manage to finish our food because it was not at all good and we are not very picky with food. It was not very vegan friendly since most of the warm dishes contain eggs or milk. I have no inclination to eat here ever again.

Cons: Unfresh food, Not vey good, Not so vegan friendly

sglcklch
sglcklch

Loved this place. Deserves more attention.

5 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2011

I went out of my way to try this place, so glad I did! Turned out to be more than a pleasant surprise.

Food was very tasty, and the variety was just amazing. Staff were knowledgeable and were able to point out all the vegan options, which were the majority. There were easily over 20 warm/chilled selections including soups, rice dishes and some sides, several kinds of pastries, different salad items, various dips/spreads, etc. I almost screamed with joy when I saw the tub of organic coconut oil they put out for the bread and crackers, who would have known! (BTW the bread was SO good too!) Although the coconut flavor was too mild for my taste, I really appreciated it. Another thing that I particularly liked was the fact that the falafel seemed to be baked instead of deep-fried, another score on the health scale!

The setting was simple, nothing fancy, but it got a certain serenity and peacefulness to the atmosphere that I really enjoyed. Location might be off the beaten track, but it is comfortably reachable by the metro. Just get off at Hornstull on the red line and take the Hornsbruksgatan exit. Turn left, walk down the street, and you will see it :)

Pros: excellent healthy food, great value, variety
Cons: location
Veganismus
Veganismus

It's awesome

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2009

My favotite vegan restaurant. Delicious food. A place to have a nice rest and enjoy life.

Pros: Exelent food, Good Value, Friendly staff
Cons: -, -, -

Dear Owner and Manager of Seyhmus: