Seomra Spraoi Vegan Cafe

Seomra Spraoi is an autonomous social centre that operates a volunteer-run cafe two nights per week where a large quantity of food is cooked then served until it's gone. Donations are sought (suggested amount is €5 for a main course meal Tue, €7 Wed) but there are no set prices. Mixed reports on whether all of the ingredients used are actually 100% vegan. Cafe until 10pm. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Irish

First Review by magpiefaerie
Elowen
Elowen

Casa dolce casa...

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

When I went there the first time I felt like going into a friends house but nobody knew who I was.
I quickly had a chat with few different people in the garden and I felt suddenly at home!
You can make your own tea, get you dish at the counter and eat a lot!
The plates are big and fulfilling and you can sit wherever you like.
Is great!
No much light, that's true... but I can't think anything bad about it.
Everybody is very respectful and if you wash your dish is a relief for everyone.
Loads of different interesting events.
nice place where to talk and sleep on the sofa if you don't feel like!
If you want to fix your bike is very good but very slow... you can start at 6 and finish at 11 if you never done it before and you need help.
graffiti need a change!

Pros: friendly /warm atmosphere, big vegan plates, donation
Cons: no art collective, bad graffiti inside, slow fixing bikes
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Lovely alternative space

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

I came here twice while I was in Dublin: once for the evening meal and once for the bakery. The food was pretty good and really good value with reasonable suggested donations, the decor was great and the people there were very friendly.

However, at times the music was at a volume which was uncomfortably loud, and I was disappointed to see that this self-described vegan cafe had cow's milk on the side with the teas/coffees.

Overall, it was a pretty positive experience and I enjoyed the alternative atmosphere there.

Pros: Good value (suggested donations), Lovely decor and garden space, Friendly people
Cons: Cow's milk out on the side
cbonk44
cbonk44

inviting

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

Nice vegan meal off the beaten track in Dublin.
Happy people to serve you with plenty of conversation going around.
Not for the shy or reserved.

Pros: smoking are, suggested prices, happy people
Cons: dark and needs a scrub
lovely_food
lovely_food

Seomra cafe

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

I went down to this last week, pasta and risotto was being served. Food was delicious! I asked them if it was really vegan because I had heard they use animal products sometimes, I was assured the food is completely vegan, and I didn't see any dodgy/non-vegan products in the kitchen (I specifically looked to see if I could spot any). I had a really nice time, very cool people there and I learned some tricks for fixing bikes in their bike workshop.

Pros: Tasty, Nice people
Cons: Needs info table
magpiefaerie
magpiefaerie

Fabulous friendly food in a political social space

4 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

I went to the meal on a Wednesday night. The atmosphere was very open and friendly and I found myself having many conversations and swapping contact details. The food was a huge portion of delicious cocconut curry, with carob cake for desert.

Pros: Friendly, Big portions, pay what you want
Cons: Wash your own plates, dark and dingy

Dear Owner and Manager of Seomra Spraoi Vegan Cafe: