A dedicated vegetarian, gluten-free, and nut-free bakery specializing in custom cakes. Reported vegan except the lemon bars contain eggs and maybe uses honey in a few items- ask. more-less
17431 Brookhurst St (Slater)
Fountain Valley, California 92708
714-968-9169
OPEN NOW

Mon-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Ricardo Consuegra
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

Vegan Cupcakes are divine!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

The first time I tried their cupcakes I was not too impressed. There was some grainy texture in the cake. However, I revisited it again lately and that problem disappeared. Their cupcakes are gluten free and vegan. Their lemon bars are not vegan.

If you are not sure, ask, the person there knows the ingredients.

What I love is the Red Velvet cupcakes. However, I tried the Mint Chocolate Chip and Black Forrest. They are divine!

I was also offered the cake pop. Vegan cake pop! It was Raspberry Chocolate. Wow, very good!

I recommend this bakery. I ordered a quarter sheet of red velvet cupcakes for my co-worker birthday and everyone in the office loved it. They don't know it was gluten free vegan.

The only caveat is that it is quite expensive. It is probably because of the quality of ingredients they use and the fact that it is gluten free.

Pros: Cupcakes are yummy, Cake pop was yummy, Gluten free vegan (check which one)
Cons: Expensive
mtb threads
mtb threads

sensitive sweets

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2013

Nice to have a (almost) vegan bakery in these parts...finally! It's no Vegan Treats (PA), but in that ballpark. I had a good cupcake, and lemon/blueberry bar thing. I have to say Native Foods' cupcake is hard to top, but SS's was good, the bar was better, but both were about a dollar more than they were worth in my opinion. Not "sensitive" or "sweet" to people with small wallets.

Pros: vegan-mostly
Cons: expensive
duuduu
duuduu

try it and decide for yourself

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2011

My girlfriend brought home two different cupcakes. They were a little bit better than okay. I wanted to give them another shot so I stopped and picked up some cupcakes and cookies.
The cookie was disappointing and overpriced. The cupcakes were a little bit better than the first time around. I would say neither bad nor great, just flat out good. Would be nice if they offered vegan versions of they lemon bar and brownie, not hard to do. I would recommend checking the place out and seeing for yourself, however, unless you are completely inexperienced at gluten free vegan baking, i think you could do much better yourself.

Cons: selection, price, quality

Ricardo Consuegra
Ricardo Consuegra

awsome sweets

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2011

I stumbled across this bakery while searching for a vegan restaurant to eat. I bought about 5 different cupcakes for me and my wife to taste from. They were all so good that we decided to come back and order my son a birthday cake a few weeks later. the cake was beautiful and everyone enjoyed the cake very much. Which is something to say since everyone else in my family and in laws are meat eaters

Pros: friendly service, knowledgeable about diet restrictions, healthy for you sweets
Cons: some of the decorative fondant isn't vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Sensitive Sweets: