Selam Ethiopian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Eat with your fingers, using traditional injera teff bread to scoop up vegetarian stews and veggies. There is a noon hour buffet. Price: Moderate more-less
Ethiopian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Sunny13
nenni
nenni

Oh my gosh

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2011

Absolutely amazing. No, really. I was blown away. I ended up tipping 50% because the service was incredible, the food delicious and the environment amazing. My entire family (6 of us) were all fed for $55.

Pros: delicous, amazing service, live music!
Cons: nothing whatsoever
goukanomegami
goukanomegami

Best food in the city

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

Selam is my favorite restaurant in the city. SO GOOD! The veggie platter is all vegan, and the buffet has their best vegan dishes out for all you can eat for $9. Buffet is from 11:30-2 Tuesday-Friday. Closed from 2-5 weekdays, open at 5 Saturday and Sunday, closed Mondays. Service can be a bit slow sometimes, and occasionally they open late, but don't let it deter you. The food is worth the wait!

Pros: delicious, nutritious
Sunny13
Sunny13

Great Vegan Food

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2010

I have confirmed on two separate occasions that the Vegetarian Combo Platter offered by Selam is vegan. I made sure to specify no meat, eggs, or dairy, and I was assured that only vegetable oils are used for cooking the vegetable dishes.
Ethiopian food is amazing. This is by far my favourite restaurant in the city, and my omni-husband loves the food as well. We get a Veggie combo platter to share, because it's too much food for one person. It comes with injera and several small portions of the various veggie dishes: a wat made from yellow split peas, two lentil wats (one is spicier), a lettuce salad with an oil/spice dressing, a potato and cabbage wat, and a green bean and carrot wat.Be sure to try the Ethiopian Coffee as well (but you'll have to drink it black or bring your own non-dairy creamer if you're vegan).

Pros: excellent food, good value, authentic
Cons: older decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Selam Ethiopian Restaurant: