Sehnsuchtskueche

Sehnsuchtsküche has buffet hours Fri-Sat 6:30-9pm with minimum 10 reservations, Sun 12-4pm. No a la carte during buffet hours. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Buffet, Juice bar, German
An der Wasserhalde 1, Baden-württemberg, Mühlacker
Stuttgart, Germany 75417
00497041/861923

Open 6-10pm (12-2pm upon prior agreement), Sun 12-10pm, closed Thur.

First Review by Saramste
Deschamps Jean Claud
Deschamps Jean Claud

Mon vegan favori depuis plus de 10 ans !!!

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

a une heure de route de la frontiere française, c'est un endroit que je conseille... l'atmosphere familiale, la proximité de forêts, et de possibilités de balades, et surtout, la qualité des plats servis... le plus souvent en bio, ne laisse personne indifférent. Il vaut mieux réserver le week end, mais comme le restaurant est ouvert assez tard , il y a toujours quelque chose à manger...
La condition : aimer voir les chevaux... car le restaurant est situé au-dessus d'un manège de club hippique...
Si comme moi vous pensez que le cheval ne sera plus exploité que lorsque ce sera le cavalier qui portera le cheval, alors préférez le repas a emporter, il vous sera également proposé... Un choix de produits végan sont également en vente.
La gentillesse et la disponibilité d'Andrea devrait vous plaire...

Pros: Atmospere, Buffet, Cordon bleu de seitan maison
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Hearty and tasty fare

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

A very interesting place.

The location is sort of in the middle of nowhere which is a treat in my opinion.

The setting is rustic and cosy and has a quiet charm - perfect for many types of event or just a casual visit. The attached riding (dressage?) area is disconcerting since everything else is vegan. I did mean to question the owners about it but failed to do so (although they did tell me they were 18 year ethical vegans). I was there at night and there was no activity there. But it would be a most discordant situation to be eating a vegan meal while watching horses get exploited. Hmmm....

The menu was wide with a good variety of hearty comfort food as well as some imaginative ideas. The cordon bleu was a bit too greasy for me and for my accompanying omnivores (but we did slowly finish it off). The "cheese and onion" spatzle were the best spatzle I have tasted, ever, anywhere. A salad and a goulash were also very good. For desert the orange crepes were a standout but the icecream and other cakes we had were great too.

The service was warm and friendly and they did a fine job of helping us with English translations. They also have some vegan groceries for sale which is great if you're just visiting as you don't have to find a health or other specialty shop to stock up.

All in all a very pleasant experience. I would love to return to eat there again as well as find out about the horse thing. Wish I could give it a 4 1/2 star rating.

Pros: location and setting, interesting menu, a cosy experience
Amy1274
Amy1274

Great Atmosphere

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

This is like eating in a really cosy living room, with the family who run it chatting away like old friends. The cordon bleu, although a little rich for me, was much better than I anticipated and they offer "doggy bags" for leftovers. Definately worth a detour :)

Loulou
Loulou

Amazing Cordon Bleu!!!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2010

We went to this restaurant on Monday this week for the Cordon Bleu night and it was amazing. We travelled by public transport (train to Muelacker then bus) and as long as you walk the right way when you get off the bus you won't have any problem finding it. It took us no more than 10-15mins walk from the bus stop and the directions on the English side of the site where pretty accurate. It is a lovely rustic sort of place and as someone already wrote, there's a window overlooking the riding arena. There was an a la carte menu but we'd already made the decision before we left the house to have the Cordon Bleu (A kiev type thing) and we weren't disappointed. You could choose your accompaniment so I had sauteed/sliced roast potatoes and my partner had pasta with melted cheese on it (all VEGAN!!!). It was most delicious we'll definately be back. Sadly we where too full for desert but there was desert on offer including ice-creams. Definately worth a visit, especially for the Cordon Bleu night!!!!

Pros: Cordon Bleu!!, lovely place, good food
veganik
veganik

Well worth the trip

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2010

A bit out of the way, but well worth it if you're in Heidelberg, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, and probably other places that are close to here on the train. Traditional Swabian dishes made vegan. Very nice service and delicious food, definitely the best place I've been to in Germany.

Pros: All vegan, Traditional dishes, Great service and atmosphere
vanzland
vanzland

Not too shabby

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

This was a very family friendly restaurant. The food was good. The location not too easy to find. There are horse stables next door that we were able to walk around and feed the horses some carrots. Inside the restaurant there is a large window that looks down on the horse arena where people ride, exercise, and play with their horses. My kids loved this the most. The price, to me, was a bit expensive for what is offered. I have a family of five(two adults, three kids 11, 10, and 5) and my total, four drinks, buffet for all was 80 Euros. That is approx. $130.00 US dollars. The buffet was very small, again, I am speaking from an Americans perspective. It consisted of one soup, 4 to 5 veggie choices, two sauces/gravies, and two "schnitzel" style dishes. The salad selection consisted of lettuce, potatoes, shredded carrots and beets, a vinegarette, and a chickpea/tofu dish. There is a very small dessert section that consisted of chocolate brownies, pudding, and soy based ice cream. All in all the owners of the restaurant were very nice and we will probably visit again.

Pros: vegan, family friendly
Cons: costs, variety
Saramste
Saramste

Excellent!

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2008

This is by far, my favorite vegan restaurant in Germany. An excellent restaurant serving several vegan choices of otherwise (aside from the "vegan" factor) traditional German dishes. The staff is amazing, and more than willing to answer questions. The buffet is excellent. You can choose to have the "all you can eat buffet" option (which includes everything available on the buffet - including desert) for approximately 21 Euro (not a bad price considering the quality of the food), or you can make one trip to the buffet (you are not charged by the weight of your food) for approximately 11/12 Euro. You can also add soup and dessert for an additional charge, but once your meal exceeds 21 Euro, you are not charge beyond the "all you can eat" price. I've also ordered several items from the menu and have NEVER been disappointed. Although they do not serve alcohol, there is alcohol free beer, wine, and champagne/sekt (all very good by the way). Unfortunately this place is a bit difficult to find without a navigation system . . . and is pretty far out into the country, BUT it's WELL worth the trip! Additionally, because of limited patronage during the week, they have reduced their schedule to Friday-Sunday. They are more than willing to open (even for small groups) if you make reservations in advance. An amazing and unexpected find in an otherwise "not so vegan friendly" country.

Pros: Vegan!, Friendly Staff, Excellent Food
Cons: Far Away, Difficult to Find, Only Opened on the Weekends

Dear Owner and Manager of Sehnsuchtskueche: