CLOSED: Seed of Life

Superfood store and lunchroom, established in fall 2012. Serves mostly all raw food along with superfood shakes. 100% vegan. Reported closed/shut down. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by LaurieK
HolgerRaulfs
HolgerRaulfs

yup, appears to be closed :(

3 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

We were there yesterday. The store is all empty. No sign indicating a move to another location.

• Aware Space Aware Space

I am not surprised. We had burgers there a few months ago and they were very expensive and really tiny. We all thought that this isnĀ“t going to work.

TijgerlelieWijnhard
TijgerlelieWijnhard

Yummy! Guilt free shakes and desserts!

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

Woah! I've been staying in Antwerp for a few days, and I was looking for something healthy, something sweet, something... Guilt free. Then I went to Seed of Life, and tried out many things! I tried delicious shakes, sweet and superhealthy, I tried the amazing cinnamon roll, and I ADORE that one! It has a thick, chewy texture, and the perfect combination of cinnamon, raw chocolate, pecan nuts and dates. It's heaven for sweettooths like me! I also had a Maca Cupcake, which tastes like chocolate, but is made out of maca and chia seeds. Yum, yum, yum!

One day, I had a fruit bowl for breakfast. There were beepollen, cacao nibs, murlberries, goiji berries, blueberries, golden kiwi, banana, oatmilk... So many healthy ingredients in it. It wasn't on the menu yet, but I was lucky enough to enjoy it.

The interieur is very clean and modern, but open and welcoming. There is a big custom designed table in the middle of the store, which invites you to have a seat, grab a book from the library and enjoy your food. The bar is made of recycled wood, and there are lots of healthy snacks on it. Like raw bars, coconut water, raw chocolate bars, and bottles of sparkling juice. (Yes, healthy soda!)

The owners of the store are very kind and open. They prepare the best lunches and breakfast and play nice, relaxed background music.

I wish I lived in Antwerp, too bad I have to say goodbye to the store and go back to Amsterdam soon.... But I really had a great time, thanks to Seed of Life!

Pros: healthy, tasty food, nice people, yoga class
Cons: none

Valerii
Valerii

Tasty raw food!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

The first time I meet quality raw delicious meals! Usually after raw's restaurants filling little heartburn, in seed of life, everything is fine. Really delicious! Smoothie cocktails amazing. Friendly staff!

Pros: amazing smoothie, very tasty raw, vegan, friendly stuff
LaurieK
LaurieK

Unique food & friendly people

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

My sister and I went to this place just for a drink, but we ended up eating the best raw bagel ever! It was made of sprouted lentils and had raw nutbased cheese on it: yum! They have more raw snacks and also juices and smoothies. There's a bookshelf with a lot of books about superfoods and raw food which you can read while you're there. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is interested in raw food, vegan food or just wants to eat something different than the standard sandwich. It is not cheap, but you get special food, created with love and care. ps very friendly owner too!
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 29, 2013

Pros: Unique food, Combination of store and restaurant
Cons: Bit expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Seed of Life: