Opened in April 2014, Seed was sown with a vision of healthy nourishment. It provides made-to-order healthy and vegan comfort food grounded in New Orleans taste. Uses the freshest garden-grown, local, and organic ingredients with many soy-free, gluten-free, and raw food options including raw dessert. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Raw, American, Fusion, Beer/Wine, Take-out
1330 Prytania St
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
504-302-2599
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm

First Review by vegbaker
tmcfrederick
tmcfrederick

Great Experience

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2014

We stopped here to eat on a whim during a road trip and very glad we did. We've been on the road two months and all over the country and had the best experience here. We tried the pancakes (outstanding), eggplant poboy (outstanding), waffle (did not enjoy, they are gluten free and the texture and hardness were off so we returned for something else), chili fries (average), coffee (outstanding, comes in a French press, better than west coast), fried tofu balls with buffalo sauce (outstanding), mimosas (very good), the Baudin and Mole cocktails (excellent), pecan pie (very good) and the gumbo (very good). The food is good-great depending on what you get. The place is very clean, new, chic. Service was outstanding, Yamil and Craig the servers were very cool!

Pros: Service, Food, Clean
Cons: Waffles, Little Pricey
C4lifer
C4lifer

Great flavorful selection

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

The menu choices were Awesome.The comfort food choices made one forget the content of the vegan origin. the best was dessert a special vegan pecan pie which I would say is better thanTraditional pie. Def recommend it to any vegan and non the same

Pros: Great food , Great menu selections, Decent prices
Cons: Dim lighting
Fiquette
Fiquette

We loved it!!!!

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant twice during our visit to New Orleans. Dinner one night then breakfast the next morning before leaving town. We were super pleased and had great service. You've gotta give it a try if you haven't!!!!

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food

soycrates
soycrates

Amazing find!

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

I visited Nola with a few friends who were having a great time trying beignets and other traditional food. This place was awesome for me because I was able to feel some of that New Orleans love too :) the beignets were so good! The "chicken" and waffles had my meat eating friends fooled, and the mac n cheez was the best I've had in a while. The service was great and I loved the atmosphere. Highly recommend!

pp2347
pp2347

average

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

Not enough choices for high carb, low fat.

Pros: friendly, great space
Cons: not enough choices
Getaclewis
Getaclewis

Worth the public transit trek!

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2014

Staying near Jackson Square in the French Qtr & found this suggestion on Happy Cow. Concierge suggested taking the streetcar instead of walking the 30 min thru somewhat sketchy areas, so I walked along Royal to Common St, caught streetcar ($3 exact change for day pass), exited at MLK and went left one block to Prytania. Turn left and it's there on your right. So worth it! Wanted to try the coconut wrap, but they were out of that and the soup of the day. Ordered bread & spreads: you get to pick 3 and I chose sweet potato/mushroom purée, hummus (best ever!) and creole cashew cheese. All delish! Had cauliflower steak sandwich and loved it. Brought leftovers back to my hotel and am snacking while reading my USA Today :) Oh yeah, got "raw cupcake" to go and, as the waiter described, its texture is more like bread pudding, but was tasty like carrot cake. All in all, a terrific vegan outing! Spent $31 incl tip.

Pros: Great-tasting food, Easily accessed by public transit from French Qtr, Cheerful, upscale interior with clever recycled ma
Cons: Edge of sketchy neighborhood (according to concier, Somewhat pricey
smalak
smalak

Vegan Beignets!

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

I found this place to be lovely. Staff was friendly and helpful. The decor is crisp and clean, a casual cafe, yet nice enough for a (not too fancy) date. The menu has many appealing options. My friend and I shared the pad thai, mac and cheese, beignets, gumbo, hummus, and nachos. The only slight disappointment was the gumbo, which tasted to me like a basic rice and beans dish. I had high hopes for that one. While nothing we ate completely blew us away, the atmosphere and overall experience left me wanting to come back, which I certainly will.

Winedunce
Winedunce

A Bayou oasis in New Orleans

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

I was in New Orleans for work for three days and thought I would starve to death. I found Seed on Happy Cow. It had opened about a month before my trip. This place was awesome!! Vegan beignets! Tofu Po' boy fritters. Truly delicious. My biz partner and I ate four meals here in three days. The owner was great and came and chatted with us as did the knowledgeable waitstaff. I will eat here again when I'm in New Orleans.

tonyakay
tonyakay
  • raw

hard to find vegan

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

Let's face it - a vegan traveling in NoLa doesn't get much love. Thank goodness Seed exists! I'm a long term raw vegan from Los Angeles where raw vegan is popular and much explored by diners, farmers markets and chefs. There are a few raw items on the menu here, but outside the crackers and fill dip, none were to my taste.

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

A welcome addition in NOLA

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

We spent several days in NOLA back in April and happened to be in town for their opening weekend! A very much needed vegan-only spot in town, as we found it quite hard to get healthy decent vegan options in the centre(however others may disagree?).

As it was their opening weekend, there were loads of teething issues (unavailable things, left waiting, incorrect bill etc) but these are expected :) The staff were lovely, the atmosphere is uplifting and the food is very fresh! We ate here twice and did enjoy our food. A shame the dishes we wanted to try were unavailable on both occasions, but such is life! The juices were fresh and tasty and the dessert I tried was certainly different (but still yummy!).

An easy walk from the streetcar, easily accessible for those visiting town without a car :)

Pros: Healthy, nice decor, open plan
spinsterfarm
spinsterfarm

vegan comfort food

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

The southern fried tofu po'boy was everything we'd hoped to find in a vegan po'boy. The enchiladas are slightly misnamed -- it's really a salad with enchilada sauce, but a very tasty one. Everything was fresh and flavorful. A great choice if you're looking for veg-friendly New Orleans food in the Garden District.

The restaurant space is airy and appealing, too.

Pros: Friendly staff , Nice atmosphere, vegan versions of local faves
Cons: Beignets were tough, dense
Daniellern
Daniellern

delicious treat for NOLA

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

Beautifully decorated and intimate place. I was thoroughly impressed with my meal, but my husband was very disappointed with his. He had the egg plant Poboy. The eggplant was cut so thin that it practically dissolved when it was fried. I had the raw enchiladas and loved every bite. We shared the vegan nachos. I thought they were delicious. For dessert my husband had the raw ice cream which was really more of a fruit sorbet. He was very underwhelmed with the flavor. I had the chocolate parfait and enjoyed it very much. I think they are still working the kinks out for a new restaurant. My only complaint, is that the service was incredibly slow. It took over 40 min to get our entree and mine was raw. I wish I could say it was because they were busy, but we were one of two tables occupied.

Pros: great option for the city, original menu , friendly wait staff
Cons: slow for food to come out, hit or miss on menu items
BroekinRecord
BroekinRecord

delicious!

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

The food was excellent. Fried tofu nuggets with agave mustard & buffalo sauces satisfy all comfort food cravings, the club sandwich has a perfectly balanced flavor with a tangy hummus, and the roasted cauliflower steak sandwich really hit the spot! Service was friendly & attentive. Cute space, too. They're still new but definitely go and try them out!

JeffGrippe
JeffGrippe

A Delight and a welcome addition to NOLA Veg but..

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

The food was creatively prepared and the portions were right. Their version of Pad Thai was made with noodles created on a rotating vegetable slicer. They weren't pasta but rather vegetables shaped into pasta. The effect was a light and tasty dish instead of a heavy noodle dish. The cauliflower sandwich was also a treat. We topped of the meal with raw ice cream which is made from bananas, nut butter and agave.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 25, 2014

I hate to write this update but we went back for a second meal. As great as the first meal was, the second one was that bad. We ordered beet capriccio, eggplant po-boy, sweet potato cakes, and coffee. Nothing was very good and we left most of it on the table. The service was incredibly slow. We didn't like the taste of the coffee and it wasn't hot. Our second experience there was quite a disappointment.

I believe that if we had ordered the same dishes the second time as we ordered the first time, it would have tasted just as good but from what I can tell, the quality and taste of each dish is different. I wish my second experience was as good as my first but unfortunately it wasn't

Pros: Great food, Reasonable price, Great service
Cons: Slow Service (sometimes), Uneven food quality, Coffee that wasn't hot
Docmartin9
Docmartin9

Big Smile

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

Just finished brunch here. So glad to find a vegan place in NO a short walk from the street car stop ay St. Charles and MLK. Great flavors and spices. Friendly folks. Enjoy!

Pros: All Vegan, Open Sunday, Flavor
danielahoose
danielahoose

Good food, nice people

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

Pros: ein wirklich gutes veganes Essen und nette Leute drum rum.
Freundlicher und aufmerksamer Service
Cons: nothing

vegbaker
vegbaker

AMAZING!

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

I was lucky enough to get into a preview of the restaurant and I have to say, GO THERE NOW! You shouldn't even waste your time reading my review, you should be ordering and falling in love with their Southern Fried Tofu RIGHT NOW. The Eggplant Poboy is magic. The Toasted Coconut Wrap, dreamy. Vegetable Spaghetti? Healthy and heavenly. And for dessert? The apple crumble is SO good as are the beignets. I'll be going back IMMEDIATELY. I highly recommend you get your hands on some of their food.

Pros: VEGAN!!! ALL VEGAN!, Delicious

Dear Owner and Manager of Seed:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the New Orleans page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/06/28