Raw food restaurant. As of late-2014 menu is vegan (no longer using honey or milk). Try the sampler platter which consists of zucchini pasta, a quarter of a pizza, half of a burger, and fries. Also has desserts, including banana crepes and fig brownies. Menu available in English and staff speaks English. Also operates a raw cakes shop in Prague. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, American, Western

First Review by memmarmite
NikuskaRawPassion
NikuskaRawPassion
  • raw

Very fancy raw vegan place

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2015

Secret of raw is one of the best raw vegan places I have ever visited. Their presentation of food is amazing. I have been there a few times and never been disappointed. Once I also ordered the food online and it was a blast and I didnt even put my slippers off:D I have tried so many meals there but I really love raw vegan pizza with rocket, black olives and cashew dressing as well as raw vegan banana pancakes. I highly recommend this place for those who are very passionate raw foodists but of course not only them;)) The atmosphere is very nice, very beautiful interior, check for free table in advance just to be sure since it is a small place. It is a bit more expensive but really worthy:)))

iswarnn
iswarnn

Incredible!

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2015

I've had my dinner here two nights in a row because the food is so good. So much flavour, I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. This, along with My Raw Cafe, have changed the way I think about raw food. Their onion quiche was so creamy and delicious, and their crêpes are to die for. They also have incredible juices. I love it!

Pros: The strawberry and banana crêpe!, Amazing raw juices , Dogs allowed :)
Cons: None!
Books and Backpacks
Books and Backpacks

Great Raw Option

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2015

Disclaimer: I am in NO way an expert on raw food ;)
We were staying in an AirBnB five minutes from this restaurant so it was extremely convenient; for anyone staying closer to the city centre, it is definitely worth the journey to get here. We ordered the sharing platter and it was all pretty yum, though the burger was my favourite. The "fries" we're not really my cup of tea but I guess that's because I'm too much of a fan of hot, greasy, salty fries!
The platter was SUPER filling but was an awesome way to

Johi
Johi

Wonderful raw chocolate cake

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

We found this place while walking towards Vinohrady (it is not in the tourist area) and we just had tea and cakes, however I must say that the cakes were beyond our expectations :)
Specially the raw chocolate cake -> don't miss it :)

Pros: Good value, Outdoor seating, Cakes :)
Amy1274
Amy1274

Make a Reservation

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2014

I'd been looking forward to trying this place all week, only to arrive and find it full...luckily it turns out they offer take-away! The staff member told me they are full most nights, but it's possible to make a reservation online or by telephone. I ordered a pizza (normally 240 korun, 99 when I went due to a special offer) and bought some raw chocolate (95 korun) to take-away (+10 korun for the pizza box), and the order was prepared very quickly - I didn't time it, but it was definitely less than ten minutes. The pizza was about 25cm in diameter, and whilst I found the base a bit thin (it fell apart when I tried to pick it up, best eaten with cutlery I think), they certainly did not skimp on toppings and it was very filling. There is a large selection of fully raw, mostly vegan items, a small store, and what seemed to be a relaxed atmosphere. The staff were friendly too - personally I'd return.

Pros: location, many vegan options
Cons: gets very busy, a little expensive
LiviaMvanHeerde
LiviaMvanHeerde

Love it!

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

This restaurant was one of my favourites. The style is really western so be aware that the food is heavy and high in fat. However it was really delicious. We ordered the burgers (rather sandwiches but good!), a salad (heavy dressing but also nice), the Caprese (good if you like those nut cheeses), the peas soup (delicious!), the pizza (delicious!). They also offer fresh coconuts! The desserts are great aswell but the pancake was not that exciting. Con: The interior is awful! Looks like a student apartement. It's also not really romantic. The lights are super bright and there is not a nice atmosphere...but go there for the food ;)

aps101
aps101

Not to be missed!

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

One of my favorite meals in three weeks of travel. All vegan & raw, a few items with honey. Incredible and varied menu and great prices. I was so sad to not have room for dessert. The banana crepe looked so good. I wish I had made it there earlier in the trip as I most certainly would have gone back. They also sell some snacks and other items. Absolutely loved it.

Pros: Menu, Food, Value
jon active
jon active

98% vegan!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

I literally bumped into this place whilst walking around Prague. The cake display cabinet is big and shiny and full of delicious looking cakes, I was told they were all vegan that day. The one I had was superb, as good as any raw cake I've ever had, luxurious, rich and succulent. And relatively cheap! I will return when next in Prague to try more.

Strangely the word vegan is absent from their front door or window displays.

Pros: Decadent Vegan raw cakes, fancy but friendly
Cons: Not cheap, Advertised as raw not vegan.
Tereza-soucitne.cz
Tereza-soucitne.cz

Amazing raw food

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

I have not been a big fan of raw food and I had some bad experiences from other places but this restaurant changed my mind and if I was able to "cook" this way I would be raw foodist immediately! I had "pancakes" with marinated mushrooms, spinach and cheese-like garlic spread and it was amazing. I also tried cucumber soup which was ok and dessert called "Strawberry crumble" which was incredibly tasty! Unfortunately the restaurant is quite expensive (for Czech people) so I can't afford to visit it too often but I wish I could :) The interior is very elegant and crew is nice.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 17, 2014

Pros: Excellent food!!!, Interior, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive, Neighbourhood, Honey
Edinburghvegan
Edinburghvegan

Great Food, Friendly Service

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

The food here is really good, very fresh and full of flavour. We had the sharing platter for 2 and chocolate cake, all of which was delicious. The service was very friendly and efficient, which makes a nice change in prague! Really good value, especially given the high quality ingredients. Would definitely recommend!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Waiters, God Value
RaimondSinivee
RaimondSinivee

Raw food in Prague

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2013

The place is listed as vegetarian here what means uses cow milk and cooks the food. This place is actually fully RAW from soup to dessert! That was very nice surprise to find a raw restaurant from Prague. My family loves raw food and this place exceeded our expeditions.
They had beautiful pictures and photos decorated with stones on the wall which we liked. Nice music was playing.
The staff talked English.
They accepted credit card.
The food was create and filling. We had soup and hummus. They tasted very well. My wife had raw burger and that was delicious. My little girls had banana pancakes and they liked them a lot.
They offered local wine. I liked the withe one, because it had its own taste, the red one was more average.
There was small corner where kids could play.

Pros: Fully raw food, Tasteful food, Beautiful interior
memmarmite
memmarmite

Just Gorgeous

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

We are in Prague for the week and had Secret Of Raw down as one of our "Must Try" restaurants. We were not disappointed.

Secret Of Raw is an all-raw, mostly vegan restaurant in Praha 3. I say "mostly vegan" as apparently a few dishes contain honey, though there were none on the menu when we visited. It's easy to find in a nice location, we walked there in around 15 minutes from our hotel in Praha 1.

The restaurant itself is lovely. The decor and music are all very soothing, and the staff were great. The menu was available in English and the waitress who served us was also a fluent English speaker. We turned up without booking a table but were seated immediately, even though they looked to be fairly busy.

The food blew us away. My Husband had sun-dried tomato rolls for his starter, I had the bruschetta. Both dishes were beautifully presented, the flavours were very fresh and clean but incredibly more-ish! The same could be said for our shared main course - the tasting platter for two. This included samples of the sun burgers and fries, pizza, ravioli, fajita and spaghetti. Everything was absolutely delicious, and this was a nice way to try many of the main courses at once. We were too full for dessert (the portion sizes were very generous) but we will definitely be back again this week to try them.

We were really happy with the prices. We ended up paying less than a quarter of what we've previously paid at a well-known raw restaurant in London. It was a little pricey by Prague standards but we expect that when we choose to eat at a specialist restaurant like that.

The only real gripe I have was that the food took a little longer to show up than I'd have expected. However, they were fairly busy so it is forgivable.

We will be back this week for sure, I'd like to try their lunch menu and their desserts looked far too good to miss!

Pros: Great vegan food, Lovely staff and atmosphere, Reasonable prices
Cons: Service can be slow at busy times

Dear Owner and Manager of Secret of Raw: