Secret of Raw

All food is raw and mostly vegan with only a couple items with honey. Try the sampler platter which consists of zucchini pasta, a quarter of a pizza, half of a burger, and fries. Also has desserts, including banana crepes and fig brownies. Menu available in English and staff speaks English as well. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Raw, Pizza, American
Seifertova 13, Prague 3, Zizkov
Prague, Czech Republic 130 00
222-513258

Open Mon-Fri 10:30am-10pm, Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 5-10pm.

First Review by memmarmite
Tereza-soucitne.cz
Tereza-soucitne.cz

Amazing raw food

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

I have not been a big fan of raw food and I had some bad experiences from other places but this restaurant changed my mind and if I was able to "cook" this way I would be raw foodist immediately! I had "pancakes" with marinated mushrooms, spinach and cheese-like garlic spread and it was amazing. I also tried cucumber soup which was ok and dessert called "Strawberry crumble" which was incredibly tasty! Unfortunately the restaurant is quite expensive (for Czech people) so I can't afford to visit it too often but I wish I could :) The interior is very elegant and crew is nice.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 17, 2014

Pros: Excellent food!!!, Interior, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive, Neighbourhood, Honey
Edinburghvegan
Edinburghvegan

Great Food, Friendly Service

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

The food here is really good, very fresh and full of flavour. We had the sharing platter for 2 and chocolate cake, all of which was delicious. The service was very friendly and efficient, which makes a nice change in prague! Really good value, especially given the high quality ingredients. Would definitely recommend!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Waiters, God Value
RaimondSinivee
RaimondSinivee

Raw food in Prague

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2013

The place is listed as vegetarian here what means uses cow milk and cooks the food. This place is actually fully RAW from soup to dessert! That was very nice surprise to find a raw restaurant from Prague. My family loves raw food and this place exceeded our expeditions.
They had beautiful pictures and photos decorated with stones on the wall which we liked. Nice music was playing.
The staff talked English.
They accepted credit card.
The food was create and filling. We had soup and hummus. They tasted very well. My wife had raw burger and that was delicious. My little girls had banana pancakes and they liked them a lot.
They offered local wine. I liked the withe one, because it had its own taste, the red one was more average.
There was small corner where kids could play.

Pros: Fully raw food, Tasteful food, Beautiful interior
memmarmite
memmarmite

Just Gorgeous

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

We are in Prague for the week and had Secret Of Raw down as one of our "Must Try" restaurants. We were not disappointed.

Secret Of Raw is an all-raw, mostly vegan restaurant in Praha 3. I say "mostly vegan" as apparently a few dishes contain honey, though there were none on the menu when we visited. It's easy to find in a nice location, we walked there in around 15 minutes from our hotel in Praha 1.

The restaurant itself is lovely. The decor and music are all very soothing, and the staff were great. The menu was available in English and the waitress who served us was also a fluent English speaker. We turned up without booking a table but were seated immediately, even though they looked to be fairly busy.

The food blew us away. My Husband had sun-dried tomato rolls for his starter, I had the bruschetta. Both dishes were beautifully presented, the flavours were very fresh and clean but incredibly more-ish! The same could be said for our shared main course - the tasting platter for two. This included samples of the sun burgers and fries, pizza, ravioli, fajita and spaghetti. Everything was absolutely delicious, and this was a nice way to try many of the main courses at once. We were too full for dessert (the portion sizes were very generous) but we will definitely be back again this week to try them.

We were really happy with the prices. We ended up paying less than a quarter of what we've previously paid at a well-known raw restaurant in London. It was a little pricey by Prague standards but we expect that when we choose to eat at a specialist restaurant like that.

The only real gripe I have was that the food took a little longer to show up than I'd have expected. However, they were fairly busy so it is forgivable.

We will be back this week for sure, I'd like to try their lunch menu and their desserts looked far too good to miss!

Pros: Great vegan food, Lovely staff and atmosphere, Reasonable prices
Cons: Service can be slow at busy times

Dear Owner and Manager of Secret of Raw: