Serves meat, veg options available. Short order restaurant with a full gluten free menu, some vegan items. Could other dishes vegan or vegetarian or gluten free when requested. Wi-fi access, relaxed atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1015 S Kerr Ave

wesnmiles
wesnmiles

Must try

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

I was in Wilmington for a long weekend and heard great things about this place so I decided to give it a try. They have so many vegan options it was so hard to decide on what to eat! I ended up getting a special of portobello and tempeh taco with a side of red beans. Also tried the chili and peanut butter chocolate pie. The pie was good, the chili was ok, but the taco was amazing! Only disappointment was the taco was quite small for the price. However, it was so good I'd get it again.

Pros: Lots of choices, Friendly staff
Vegan Food Love
Vegan Food Love

Great Salads

3 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

We are vegans who like to stick to raw foods mainly. Honestly, the salads the got there (House Salad and Ginger Salad) were really well season, super simple, had a nice variety of greens and were really good. They also had specials salads on the special board, so check those out.
I am appreciative to this restaurant for offering a healthier option at the beach, which can be an extremely hard thing to find. We don't eat a lot of fried food and I ordered the spring roll with lofty ambitions, it was fried and the falafel was also fried. It tasted as though the fish is fried in the same oil, and as we are vegans this didn't work for us.

Pros: Simple Salads
Cons: Fried Food is not actually vegan
urismom
urismom

Best Vegan Food in Wilmington!

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

Sealevel City Gourmet is the only restaurant that my husband and I frequent anymore and we eat out quite a bit. They do serve local fish and seafood, but no other meat is served. The vegan options are numerous and the vegetarian dishes can usually be made vegan and gluten free. It is the only place that I know where you can get a gluten free pita and vegan tzatziki sauce. The lentil burgers are the best that I have ever tasted and you can get them with portobello mushrooms, chipotle sauce, avocado, and other options. There are a few wonderful soups everyday and always a vegan option there too. They have tacos and tostadas, vegan dogs and wraps, and vegan sushi and I have never had a bad meal there. The cook is vegan and the whole crew is warm and friendly. It is a very comfortable place to hang out and enjoy some awesome food. Make sure to grab an awesome cookie on the way out, also vegan and gluten free!

Pros: excellent food, awesome staff, great vibe
Cons: closed on Tuesdays, don't serve breakfast

gardener62
gardener62

Great Place to Eat

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

My wife & I have eaten here 3 times and the food is always excellent and the price is very reasonable. The service is always good. It's a happy place to be.

Pros: Great food., Great service., Good prices.
VegansillyCat
VegansillyCat

So many vegan options!

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

Where to start?! I've been here several times and each time I have had something different that I enjoyed. The lentil burger is amazing! Really different from all the black bean veggie burgers I've had. The Mediterranean salad plate is probably my favourite (and completely vegan!) I also like all the vegan sushi that is offered; the kampyo roll is something I have never had (or heard of) but I tried it out last time I went and it was awesome. I haven't had anything I didn't like. I can also take my (non-vegan) friends here and they can have seafood and be happy. The cook came out one time and introduced herself as a vegan and answered all my questions! It feels really good knowing that there is isomeone in the kitchen who actually KNOWS what vegan means. Great place, definitely recommend! Also, there are veggie/vegan specials everyday.

Pros: Plenty of vegan/vegetarian options, Knowledgable staff, Great food
Cons: Weird hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Sealevel City Gourmet: