Seabirds Kitchen

Food truck turned brick and mortar restaurant, opened Oct 2013 at The Lab which also houses other restaurants and shops. Offers 100% vegan and organic salads, bowls, small plates, appetizers, desserts, and drinks. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Mexican, Organic, Take-out

First Review by MrsVeganPizza
ambiec28
ambiec28

so yummy!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

Everything we ordered from the drinks, apps, to the desert was amazing. We were not disappointed! We only wish we had a place like this where we lived so we could visit it more often!!

BFonville
BFonville

hip, laid back vegan food done right

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

Everything was good here. Some really flavorful dishes... This place reminds me of the Cinnamon Snail in NYC for their ability to take vegan food to a whole new place with their unique flavor profiles.

Azbigmike
Azbigmike

great grub

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2014

Had the brusell sprouts, beets, avocado taco and squash flatbread. They were all great. Favorite was the flatbread.

Pros: fresh and fast service
Cons: parking
CarleneParrish
CarleneParrish

Avocado tacos will make you smile

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

You may feel like smiling when you first bite into one of their fried avocado tacos, but you may not take the time to because you're going to want to keep eating. They're that good. But when you're done, you will definitely be smiling. They are sold individually, so unless you're getting a side dish, I recommend that you order two. My kids (they're adults) had the jack fruit sliders and liked those.

Pros: Avocado tacos are delicious, All vegan, casual
Cons: Seems slightly overpriced, but still delicious
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

Holy Smokes, it's good!

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

Seabirds don't disappoint! The truck food was delicious. It is true with this brick and mortar location (kitchen) too.

The PDX, The Holy Smokes, and Burnt Brussels we ordered were memorable meals. These bowls look small but really filling and satisfying. The brussels were caramelized and had tid bits of garlic slices. I recommend to have the garlic and sprout at the same time in 1 bite. Yum! The food here has bursts of flavors. Everyone in our table liked it.

The desserts were just ok. We had snicker doodle cookie and zuchinni bread. A bit on the dry side.

I will be repeating this experience and try other dishes. They serve salads, small plates, bowls, desserts, and drinks. Small plates are reasonable prices and can order 3 and will satisfy 2 people. Bowls are filling. I will need to try the slider, arancini, and taquitos next.

Service was fast and friendly. Everyone was nice and helpful. I like the dining atmosphere.

Will be back!

Pros: Yummy, Vegan, Close to home
Cons: Parking can be difficult

russog22
russog22

Seabirds Kitchen

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

This all time favorite Food Truck has just landed in Costa Mesa, "The Lab". It's filled with delicious, nutritious Vegan Delights. I highly suggest the Good Fu Yu Salad, Holy Smokes or PDX Bowl, Beer Battered Avocado Tacos (these are a must), BBQ Jack Dilla and leave room for some delicious Pie, Cookies, or Cheesecake! Some meals and desserts are gluten free too! They even have a bowl called, "The Billy" just for those in a Paleo diet! I love this place and eat here almost everyday. Atmosphere is wonderful, staff is friendly, and the food is absolutely mouth watering! Open now for Brunch too! Yup, they now have a vegan brunch Sat & Sun! Yummy..

Pros: Delicious Food / Desserts, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Cons: Parking
vegankiwis
vegankiwis

A vegan gem

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

You must track down the Seabirds truck if you're in the O.C. Their menu is always fresh, innovative and of course vegan! Such a delight to see a 100% vegan food truck out there. Everything Seabirds make is A-Mazing.

Some of our all time faves include: Beer-battered avo tacos, breakfast quesadillas, kale and apple salad.

Inexpensive, delicious and local - you can't go wrong!

Pros: Delicious, mostly organic, local, 100% vegan
Unhealthy Vegan
Unhealthy Vegan

BEER BATTERED AVOCADO TACOS!!

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

This truck has everything! I have been following the Seabirds truck for over a year and I have never been disappointed. The must try are the beer battered avocado tacos. I get them everytime but there are also many other great foods. Including a kale salad! I actually enjoyed the salad and I don't really like kale! The jackfruit asada tacos are good as well as their taquitos and did I mention the desserts?!?! Life is sweet bakeshop supplies the amazing cupcakes. They have carrot cupcakes cookies and creme cupcakes and even a pbnj cupcake! I tried them all and loved every single one. The best Sweet potato fries I have ever tried with their creamy dip. How good is this truck? So good that I registered an account on here just to put a review! I came want till they get a restaurant themselves so they have set hours and location. But for now just follow them on facebook or Twitter to see where they are.

Pros: Food, Cupcakes, Menu Changes Weekly
Cons: Menu Changes Weekly, Different Locations, Not Closer To My Home
sweet raya
sweet raya

• raw

Mobile Goodness

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2011

Seabirds Truck brings organic, vegan and raw food to Orange County. Love the weekly RAWednesday specials and the Jackfruit Tacos. Stephanie is super friendly and really passionate about creating healthy delicious food using local ingredients and exotic spices.

Pros: organic and local produce, great value, raw desserts
Cons: needs more gluten-free
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

A Vegan Food Truck!!

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

I was so excited a try out the new vegan food truck in Orange County. I was blown away. The food was delicious and very fresh tasting! I got the Bella Sandwich on sourdough. As a vegan I've had many a portbello dish, and this was among the best...so flavorful without being overly salty/oily. It was only seven dollars (which already included tax) and was a solid portion size. The rest of the items sounded great too and I couldn't believe how decent the prices were considering that their food is organic. It's also worth noting that it wasn't the usual mock meat items (which certainly have their place), but instead were more whole foods based. Lastly, I would like to add that it only took five minutes to get my food, and the girl who took my order was very pleasant. Can't wait to try out the other menu items!

Pros: Delicious, fresh, Very Reasonable Prices, Quick & Friendly Service
Cons: Varying Hours & Location

Dear Owner and Manager of Seabirds Kitchen: