Serves meat, veg options available. Breakfast place. Many egg dishes but has a vegan menu with two vegan scrambles, one vegan burrito, and a vegan french toast dish. Vegan meals are prepared separately from meat/egg dishes and are served on plates to distinguish them from non-vegan dishes. Atmosphere is modern and bright, ample seating and several TV screens. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg

Mon-Sun 6:00am-2:00pm

First Review by SynthVegan
eirrac
eirrac

vegan friendly, but vegan menu needs some work

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

tried everything on the vegan menu. meh. the french toast is your best bet although i always have to remember to tell them no powdered sugar. the vegan scrambles and burrito are bland. they definitely need to work some more spices in there and get some better flavors. a lot of bites are just plain old tofu and that's not fun for anyone. i have modified the heck out of my burrito by adding a lot of stuff to make it better; but it gets pretty expensive. the sweet potato hash is delish! so i recommend that with the french toast. cute patio (dog friendly) and good place to meet for brunch with an omnivore (my sis in law loved the huevos rancheros) but if i want a good vegan breakfast, i'd rather just whip it up myself.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 01, 2014

Pros: patio, decor, service
Cons: bland vegan food
lovinthevegans
lovinthevegans

Bland scramble

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

I was very excited for their tofu scramble but it was very bland. Tasted like they didn't add a single spice... just heated tofu.

On the up side, LOVED the atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and very aware of what is and isn't vegan. Also love the color-coded vegan plates, packets of vegan butter, and soy milk on the condiment bar.

Going to try the french toast tomorrow, so hopefully that has more flavor.

Pros: Atmosphere, Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff, Vegan butter
Cons: Bland food, No vegan cheese or sour cream
Justin K.
Justin K.

Decided to try it - super glad I did!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

Found this place on the happycow app, read the reviews and after seeing 'vegan french toast' with the option of 'vegan sweet potato hash' I *knew* where I was going for brunch. Got there and checked in on FourSquare to find a free barista item for newbies. Planned on getting the Chai but luckily a thoroughly educated waitress warned me that it contained dairy, so ended up with an iced soy mocha instead. I don't normally drink coffee but I have to say that drink was amazing. Satiated cravings I didn't know I had. But on to the food! Ordered the french toast & the hash, and it was just as delicious as I hoped. FT was dusted with powdered sugar and served with a side of maple syrup - and 2 packets of earth balance! Wonderful touch! We were looking for a place to hike in the area and our server didn't know of any offhand but offered to check with other staff that did, came back promptly and recommended a place just up the street (less than a mile, on the left) - North Mountain Trail. Wonderful way to spend a Saturday - if I lived in Phoenix I'd be back over and over again for a repeat performance. As it stands, the next time I'm in town, I'll definitely be back! Oh, and the outdoor seating area allows dogs and is non-smoking, so you get to check out other peoples adorable companions. This place is stellar!

Pros: Delicious food, knowledgeable staff, color-coded plates for veg*n dishes

theawesomestpossum
theawesomestpossum

happiness!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

In addition to tofu scrambles, they have *vegan french toast*--something I'm definitely not used to being able to order at a restaurant! It's really tasty, as is their sweet potato hash. Any breakfast joint with a dedicated vegan section on their menu and vegan margarine pats on the side of each plate deserves veggie support, I'd say! :)

Pros: tasty, vegan menu section, great coffee
sjkoen
sjkoen

good

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

Was thrilled to have the began options. Tasted good, nice atmosphere...here in town for a few days...will go back.

Pros: vegan menu, atmosphere - self serv silverware, drinks etc
Cons: none that i found
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

If you like to eat hair, eat here...

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2011

I ate at Scramble last Friday and I have to say that it was a horrible experience. What attracted me to this place was the separate vegan menu in addition to their regular menu - this makes things easier when dining with non-vegan friends, especially those who are a little uncomfortable going to fully veg places. So I happily ordered a tofu wrap and added fried potatoes as a side and awaited my food. We started eating and my friend found a hair in his food...not good! He threw it on the floor and tried to drop it. Well moments later I found a hair in my food... I couldn't believe there was hair on both of our plates! I was so disgusted I could no longer eat my food (and I was ravenous). I told the girl working the register about the whole ordeal, she walked back to the kitchen then back to the register and completely ignored me (she said she'd come back to my table). Before we left I spoke with someone else and showed them the hair, clearly not one of mine. All I got was "Oh, I'll check the guys in the back." Check the guys in the back??? What? How about, sorry may I refund you your money? Additionally, the few bites I had of my burrito were pretty bland, it needed seasoning or hot sauce. Overall, I wouldn't go back...unless I somehow develop a taste for hair, although I'm sure that won't happen. I did take a picture of my food before I attempted eating it and if you zoom in enough you can see part of the hair sticking out of my food - I'll be posting them.

Cons: Hair in the food

Dear Owner and Manager of Scramble: