Serves meat, veg options available. Small cafe offering sweet and savory pancakes with several vegan choices (also with spelt or buckwheat flour). Also has panini, soups, cakes, and shakes. Vegan items are not marked but staff is knowledgeable and will answer questions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Western, European, Non-veg
Dieffenbachstr.54, Berlin-Keuzberg (near U8-Schönleinstr)
Berlin, Germany 10967

o0Carolyn0o
o0Carolyn0o

Ahh, the desserts!!!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

I went there twice on my last stop in Berlin. The first, I my husband and I were a bit hungover from driving at a micro-brewery the night before, so savoury pancakes sounded good to me. The hubs had spätzle, and I had the mushroom pancake. It was tasty and did the trick, and the cappuccino was delicious. But, all the while there was this Stachelbeer-Sahne cake staring at me from behind. I was really too full after the pancake, so I made sure that we came back for desserts. Oh man, that cake is like a cloud dream in your mouth. Where do I begin? In between the top and bottom layers of almond crusted puff pastry, is almost literally a cloud of the lightest, most heavenly cream with gooseberries. I wanted to take a whole cake home and not share it, it was that good.

I would eat somewhere else for a meal, and come here for the cakes.

Pros: Cakes of cloudy heaven
VegiKitten
VegiKitten

Very cozy and great for breakfast

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

Very cozy little cafe in Kreuzberg.
Feels like being in a warm, country kitchen in a home in the US with great 40's swing music playing all the time.

The owner is really friendly, speaks English and all the food in delicious. I especially enjoyed their granola with fruit and yogurt and Chai Latte with soy milk.

Pros: Very cozy , Friendly staff, Delicious food
wildfang
wildfang

Schönes Café - indeed a nice spot

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

I stumbled upon this place when I was looking for another veggie place but was really hungry, so decided to try this one out instead, as the sign outside advertised many vegan options.
The friendly staff was able to tell me about vegan choices straight away and I ended up ordering a raspberry smoothie with soya milk (cost around 3.5€) and a vegan savoury pancake with red pepper and mushrooms, which turned out to be probably the tastiest pancake I have ever had. It was very big and definitely enough to fill your stomach with, cost 5,5€, was very well seasoned and just really delicious.
The café itself is very cosy as well. I will certainly go back there if in the area.

Pros: Vegan pancakes!
Cons: Not 100% veg*

Dear Owner and Manager of Schones Cafe: