Vegetarian eatery and bar, opened June 2014. Offers vegan food such as burgers, pizza, pasta, weekend breakfast. Various cocktails and beers. Reported to HappyCow that everything is vegan except for optional cheese on burgers, Feb 2015. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Pizza, Juice bar, Fast food, Beer/Wine

Makai Tamas
Makai Tamas

Delightful

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2014

My girlfriend and I were hungry in the Düsseldorf area so we used Happy Cow to find a place to eat. She loved her pasta bolognese and I had the best burger ever! The place looks nice, the staff are very friendly, the menu is quite extensive and the prices are reasonable. We are going to eat there again.

Pros: Menu, Staff, Prices
Cons: Parking
pastellaki
pastellaki

Worth a visit

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

While passing through Dusseldorf, Germany recently, I researched ahead of time to find a good vegan, or at least vegetarian, restaurant to have dinner at, and came up with Schnell Veg. It turned out to be an excellent choice. I ordered the Vegetable Linguini (zucchini noodles) with Almond Pesto, which was so good, it could have come from my own kitchen - now that's quite the compliment! The only negative was the over-abundance of garlic, which I normally don't eat, but on the positive side the garlic was fresh and well-prepared, and not dried or stinky bad garlic. I also ordered a glass of Reisling wine, which was lovely, fruity and light - an excellent combination! My meal was so good that I decided to get a burger to go to eat on the plane the next day. I ordered the Tunis Seitan Burger, which was no-doubt the best burger I've had in ages. Great flavor and texture, and the sauces were a good match. The take-away containers leave a bit to be desired, but do look very environmentally friendly, so that's something. The only real negative part of my experience was on entering the restaurant, immediately and abruptly being asked if I had a reservation (there were just 2 or 3 empty tables, in addition to the empty bar and the tables outside). Of course, I had not made a reservation since there was no mention of needing to on the Happy Cow website, or on their facebook page (their website is just a page-holder at the moment). The waiter eventually decided to let me have the table just inside the door, which actually wasn't so bad as it sounds. Also, as it was quite busy, it seems that they could have used another server.

Pros: Excellent food, Good portions, Good prices
Cons: Bad acoustics
VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

New VEGAN in town, jummy Burgers 'n' Co

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

Have been there last Saturday (July5th'14), we tried the burger and 'Flammkuchen'. Food was just great, but we waited a bit long. Looks like the staff still need to get used a bit to their new restaurant, but was worth it. Food is good and inexpensive. Staff was always nice to us. All dishes on the menu are vegan.
Later on we've ordered dessert (fresh and warm vegan cheese cake) - great!
You may check their Facebook page while their homepage is still in construction.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 07, 2014

Pros: Food, Price, Interior

Dear Owner and Manager of Schnell Veg: