Serves meat, veg options available. Please confirm if there are vegan options and let HappyCow know. Has a few veg items such as the grilled vegetable & black bean burger, falafel sandwich (tzatziki, tomato, onion, harissa, pita), and vegetable vindaloo (spicy curry with basmati rice and pepita seeds). Restaurant and bar located next to the Schlafly Brewery in Saint Louis. Another location at 7260 Southwest Ave, St. Louis. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
2100 Locust St
St Louis, Missouri 63103
314-241-2337

Open Mon-Tue11am-10pm, Wed-Sat 11am-1am, Sun 12-10pm.

First Review by meg25

vegan traveling...

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

me and my boyfriend were driving accross the country and found this place on our stop through st. louis. we stayed at the hilton in downtown and took a cab to this brewery cause it was the only thing open. he ordered the blackbean burger and i had the curry rice. both were good. the burger (without the corn toppping cause it's not vegan) was an ok house made vegan blackbean burger, not amazing, but not terrible. my rice dish was pretty good, squash was a little more over cooked then i like and carrots were a little undercooked. all in all, if i ever came back to this town being vegan we would go to schafly's.

oh yah, staff was very friendly. they closed earlier then we are used to and they helped us find places to go since we were not familiar with the city.

They will make you a custom vegan dish

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

Schlafly has always been vegan friendly. Their chefs are happy to craft up something special and they usually have some Match meats on hand. Its a good place to go when you have to dine out with non vegans. The last time I ate at this location the chef was really excited to make us vegan dishes and brought out two amazing vegan stews with all kinds of veggies and potatoes.

Schlafly Tap Room

2 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2011

I've eaten at Sclafly's more than I cared to when I lived in STL - mainly because my non-veg friends always wanted to go. I'm sure you can infer that I never cared for it. And as I recall, this is more veg-friendly and not really vegan friendly. Overall, I wouldn't recommend Schlafly's.

Good beer, bland food

2 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2011

I had the Grilled Vegetable & Black Bean Burger with fries for dinner. I was highly disappointed. The burger patty was indeed made of black beans with a mixture of grilled onions, red pepper strips, and jicama strips, but it totally lacked flavor. The ketchup served on the side with the fries had far more flavor than the patty. The fries arrived at room temperature and were soggy. I should have followed my first instinct and ordered the Vegetable Vindaloo instead. And once the waitress delivered the food and a second beer, she ignored me for the next half hour while I tried to get her attention to get the check. On a positive note, the Oatmeal Stout beer was quite good and they have ample free parking.

Pros: Free parking, Great beer, Has a very vegetarian choices
Cons: Bland black bean patty, Soggy cold fries, Inattentive waitress

Delicious Veggie Options

3 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2011

The Tap Room on Locust would have gotten a 4 HappyCow rating, had they not served Frog, Lamb, Cow, Fish, and Pig flesh, so I stuck with a 3 rating. The pub has somewhat of a Scottish vibe to it and it is attached to the Schlafly Brewery. The staff was very friendly and the vegetarian food was definitely prepared with great care. They offer decent variety in the vegetarian portion of the menu, unlike most bars that only offer a veg burger and hummus. I only tried the Black Bean burger and some dessert here and it was amazing. I would say it is the best burger I have eaten thus far. Absolutely delicious and rich with flavor. They also offer a sticky toffee cake on their dessert menu that they import from a B&B in Scottland. I look forward to trying the Falafel sandwich and the Vegetable Vindaloo. Both appear to be very appetizing and definitely worth trying.

Pros: Vegarian Options, Brewery, Friendly
Cons: Serves Lamb, Serves Frog Legs

Dear Owner and Manager of Schlafly Tap Room: