Serves meat, veg options available. separate vegetarian menu with 40+ items, of which most are vegan. Ingredients are clearly labeled, with the word optional listed each time egg is included. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Separate vegetarian menu

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

Great Thai food, separate vegetarian menu with lots of vegan options including vegan Pad Thai.

Pros: Separate vegetarian menu, Lots of vegan options, Flavorful and authentic
Cons: No vegan desserts
Tarikat
Tarikat

Great Curry!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

Sawasdee has a vegetarian menu that is about three pages long, aside from their regular menu with meat. The tofu is cooked nicely. The restaurant is both vegetarian, pescatarian, and vegan friendly. The curry's are wonderful! Some of the best curry in San Antonio, in my opinion.

I am vegan and had the red tofu curry with mild spice. It was delicious, made with savory coconut milk, and was enough that I was pleasantly full. I definitely recommend this restaurant. I also had the tofu summer rolls, which were excellent.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Delicious food, Friendly staff
VinceVandemolegraaf
VinceVandemolegraaf

Happily Suprised

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

I wanted to give Sawasdee a try, the main reason was that it's near to our hotel and we have mixed diets in the family. I was cautious due too the previous review, we ordered the Pad See Iew Tofu without egg, Green Tofu Curry and my wife and kids had meat dishes. I was happily surprised, the entrees were wonderful, burst of Thai flavors and well plate presentation. We had some leftovers for the next day, If you are in the area give it a try.

Pros: Great Favors, Affortable

Fudge
Fudge

Dinner for one vegetarian and one meat-eater

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2013

The atmosphere at this restaurant was serene. The decorations were clearly very well thought out, and it was a peaceful place to stay and have a meal.

I went to this restaurant after finding it on Happy Cow.
The main thing prompting me to write this review however, is that as a vegetarian, I feel the need to give other veggies a heads up: I ordered tofu, and specifically said "Off of the Vegetarian Menu." ... And the first thing they brought to me was the chicken version of what I ordered, not the tofu version. Since I had specified that I was ordering from the vegetarian menu, I naively took a bite of the food without checking it first, only to find myself with a mouthful of chicken. After notifying the staff, they apologized and quickly exchanged the chicken plate with the tofu one.
The food itself (even when they brought out what I had ordered) was not spectacular. I tried the sweet basil tofu fried rice, and my partner (a meat eater), had barbecue chicken with plum sauce. The flavors were good, but nothing to rave about, and since we went around 2pm on a Saturday, some of the food was room temperature, like it had been sitting out for a few hours.
I would not recommend this restaurant to vegetarians, unless you triple check when ordering and have the waiter read it back to you, and double check your dish before digging in!

Pros: Great decor, Friendly staff
Cons: Mixed up tofu with chicken

Dear Owner and Manager of Sawasdee Thai Cuisine: