Serves meat, veg options available. Name is Japanese is 沢. Small restaurant decorated with surfboards, kayaks, and Buddhist images. Uses some organic produce from the owner's farm. Caters to vegetarians, but also has many fish and chicken dishes. Set meals are around 580-700 yen. Address in Japanese: 大阪府大阪市阿倍野区阿倍野筋4-20-1. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Japanese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Abeno Suji (2 min walk south of Abeno Station)
Osaka, Japan
06-66582322

First Review by osakaveggie
ashwinn
ashwinn

Pretty awesome

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2011

The place isnt exclusively veg, but the proprietor is pretty rad. Really nice guy and understands "vegan" and "vegetarian" and that most japanese has fish stock. He'll make a pure veg meal, and the ingredients are fresh from his farm. Very much a local place, and the food tastes home made. High on character, low on ambience. My kind of place...

Pros: the owner, fresh food, easy going atmospher
Cons: difficult to find, not 100% veg
arthur_lauritsen
arthur_lauritsen

Highly recommended!

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

I go to this restaurant about twice a week. Also, a great place to bring friends because it's cheap and has a wide variety of dishes (meat for your carnivore friends and vege-based stuff for you and me). I like to go here after swimming and dig into the "okayu" which is a Japanese porridge. It comes with veges picked from an organic garden grown in a lot that his friend lent him. The "okayu" is made from 5 grains (I think it's 5). Also he has a little area where you can kick back and watch surfer videos while you eat and since I'm a surfer too this is especially cool. Oh and I don't drink but there are lots of drinks. And what else? I am friends with the owner so maybe that makes my review biased but you will be friends with him too once you visit here. Enjoy! Arthur

osakaveggie
osakaveggie

Nice cosy place, great food, interesting owner

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2010

Discovered the place last night by accident and popped in (saw the "vegetarian food" sign). Upon telling the owner I was veggie and asking what was available he asked whether I was veggie or vegan, then double-checked if I did or did not eat seafood or eggs. He seemed really clued up which I took as a great start.

I ordered the set - at 600 yen its cheap and you get a lot of food. It was not only really good, but since I was the only person in the place (a cold Tuesday night at 830pm) he sat down and chatted to me... for 2 1/2 hours.

Since I can get here on bike I will definetly go back again and again.

Only a 3 minute walk from Abeno subway station (exit 6) or 10 mins from Tennoji station. Check it out.

Pros: Tasty food, Clued-up and friendly owner, cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Sawa: