Serves meat, veg options available. 沢, at 大阪府大阪市阿倍野区阿倍野筋4-20-1, is a small restaurant decorated with surfboards, kayaks, and Buddhist images. Uses some organic produce from the owner's farm. Owner understand what vegetarian and vegan mean. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Japanese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Abeno Suji (south of Abeno Station)
Osaka, Japan
06-66582322

Mon-Sun 5:00pm-11:30pm

First Review by osakaveggie
Trishka007
Trishka007

lovely food and even a livelier owner

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2015

I went there following the order happy cow reviews and it didn't disappoint. The food was lovely and the chat even better. Highly recommend.

Pros: the vegan option was super tasty
Cons: meat cooked in the place
DylanJeffreys
DylanJeffreys

Delicious!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2015

This place is great! It's actually called "abeno SAWA" though. A rare opportunity to have an authentic Japanese dinner set. Very reasonably priced at ¥700, you can choose between brown rice and rice gruel with the set, I tried both and they were both delicious. If you don't want the set there are quite a few other izakaya style items to choose from. The owner speaks good english and is super friendly. Nice atmosphere, I'll be coming back on my next visit to Osaka for sure. I wanted to give it 5 out of 5 cows but as it is not all vego I can only give it 4.

Pros: Excellent food., Friendly owner., Nice atmosphere.
Britterbehr
Britterbehr

Pleasent surprise!

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

Constantly have walked by this place, and finally decided to try it the other day! I had the vegetarian set meal with brown rice. I would have liked more options in side dishes to go along with the set meal, but it was still a very nice variety of vegetables. The price was very good for the meal and the owner was very friendly. The place is cozy with an eclectic assortment of posters and decorations pertaining to surfing and healthy food choices. He can speak some English and seemed very accommodating to vegetarian/vegan people. Very nice guy!

Pros: Price, Foreigner friendly, Good portions
Cons: Smokey, More vegetarian options needed

ashwinn
ashwinn

Pretty awesome

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2011

The place isnt exclusively veg, but the proprietor is pretty rad. Really nice guy and understands "vegan" and "vegetarian" and that most japanese has fish stock. He'll make a pure veg meal, and the ingredients are fresh from his farm. Very much a local place, and the food tastes home made. High on character, low on ambience. My kind of place...

Pros: the owner, fresh food, easy going atmospher
Cons: difficult to find, not 100% veg
Janice Chin
Janice Chin

Along Suji Rd

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2010

It's along the suji rd when u walked out of the Abeno stn, so dun find it in the small st..

arthur_lauritsen
arthur_lauritsen

Highly recommended!

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2010

I go to this restaurant about twice a week. Also, a great place to bring friends because it's cheap and has a wide variety of dishes (meat for your carnivore friends and vege-based stuff for you and me). I like to go here after swimming and dig into the "okayu" which is a Japanese porridge. It comes with veges picked from an organic garden grown in a lot that his friend lent him. The "okayu" is made from 5 grains (I think it's 5). Also he has a little area where you can kick back and watch surfer videos while you eat and since I'm a surfer too this is especially cool. Oh and I don't drink but there are lots of drinks. And what else? I am friends with the owner so maybe that makes my review biased but you will be friends with him too once you visit here. Enjoy! Arthur

osakaveggie
osakaveggie

Nice cosy place, great food, interesting owner

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2010

Discovered the place last night by accident and popped in (saw the "vegetarian food" sign). Upon telling the owner I was veggie and asking what was available he asked whether I was veggie or vegan, then double-checked if I did or did not eat seafood or eggs. He seemed really clued up which I took as a great start.

I ordered the set - at 600 yen its cheap and you get a lot of food. It was not only really good, but since I was the only person in the place (a cold Tuesday night at 830pm) he sat down and chatted to me... for 2 1/2 hours.

Since I can get here on bike I will definetly go back again and again.

Only a 3 minute walk from Abeno subway station (exit 6) or 10 mins from Tennoji station. Check it out.

Pros: Tasty food, Clued-up and friendly owner, cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Sawa: