Savoys South Indian Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Indian restaurant serving South Indian food such as samosas and plus fresh juices. Some vegan options such as dosa. No alcohol. A small place and can accommodate seating for about 30 people. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
11010-51 Avenue NW (Pleasant View Shopping Centre)
Edmonton, Alberta
780-437-7718

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Aloo
JKveg
JKveg

Love it

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2016

I am addicted to dosas now. Savoy offers loads of options. Vegetarian and vegan. The Gobi 65 (spicy cauliflower) is amazing. I have been at least 6 times, get a different dosa each time and have never been disappointed. It may look like a hole in the wall but don't let that stop you.
The ratings chart will not allow me to select 5, I assume because they also serve meat, but I would give a 5 if I could.

Pros: Excellent food, Good service , Lots of choice
Cons: Only one location
bessi
bessi

Great Food

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

I really enjoyed eating in this little cafe. The samosas and the Dosa were excellent. Great Lentil soup. The host was very friendly and the prices are quite reasonable. I always eat here and will continue to do so.

Pros: Great price, Friendly host, Excellent food.
catsmap
catsmap

Delicious and Economical

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2008

Enjoyed Dosa and Samosa, with delicious chutneys and lentil soup. All dinners were under a $10... MacDonalds prices for fresh, homemade food in a friendly if scruffy environment. Small portions but so resonably priced, you could order two if you're a big eater. Best fresh juice I've had in Edmonton. (Not saying much , though)

Aloo
Aloo

Great food and host

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2007

Savoys is friendly cafe style place, with the most yummiest dosa's. Freshly made, as they must be- with fresh mint chutney and sambar. Dosa is like a crepe. At Savoys you can get it with a mixed veg or potato filling. Combo meals are great value. Fresh juices are truely refreshing, especially when you are travelling! The owner is a nice guy too, seemed genuinely interested in feedback and will provide free re-fills of the sambar and chutney. No alcohol. Nice place to sit. Located in a shopping centre.

Pros: yummy, fresh, food

Dear Owner and Manager of Savoys South Indian Cafe: