Savory Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian cafe also serving fish. Has gluten-free items. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Aprilstarchild
Jeff M
Jeff M

Tasty vegan food on the coast

4 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

My wife and I always eat here when we are in Newport. It has an impressive list of vegan and veganizable options. Both the restaurant and many of the menu items are Hawaiian themed. They have several vegan bowls for lunch - my favorite is the savory bowl. Their vegan burrito and tofu tacos are also excellent. They also make pizzas that taste great without the cheese. All of the employees and the owner are friendly and make you feel at home. This is definitely the place to stop for lunch or dinner while on the Oregon coast.

Pros: Friendly staff, Fun atmosphere, Great food
Tari
Tari

Love this!

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

My husband and I eat at Savory Cafe whenever we are in the Newport area. My favorite dish is the chipotle tofu tacos -- yum! And, a fresh margarita is a great accompaniment! Highly recommended. We are always greeted as "regulars," even though we only dine there a few times a year.

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Casual dining, Terrific staff
greenvegan
greenvegan

Newport's Vegan Treat

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2011

I had a great experience here last night. Their menu is very veg- and gluten-free-friendly, so if you're both (like me), just let the server know (who is probably one of the owners and will be very helpful) and prepare to be served well. My water and/or wine glass was never empty, and my continuous questions and special requests were answered and performed without so much as a frown. I will be back, for sure.

Pros: inexpensive, knowledgeable about food, friendly staff
Cons: small
goldie711
goldie711

Great Vegan Find

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2010

Under new ownership since last review was writen. The owner is always there and is there to please. He is thinking about adding vegan cheese brick oven pizzas to the menu in the near future. There are helpful vegan icons on the menu and about 5 options. I had a vegetable rice bowl with their "famous" sauce made of nutritional yeast and braggs. Great option in Newport.

Pros: location, owner, food
Aprilstarchild
Aprilstarchild

Yummy and friendly!

4 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2008

My boyfriend and I visited in early November. The staff was friendly and courteous. The menu had the vegan items clearly marked, and there were several other items that looked vegan-izable. One of the specials the day we visited was a vegan chantarelle stroganoff. It was wonderfully delicious, and we were both pleased that they make such a good vegan cream sauce!

We would definitely go again.

Pros: friendly staff, good vegan options, not too expensive
Cons: serves seafood

Dear Owner and Manager of Savory Cafe: