Saveurs de Coree

Serves meat, veg options available. A hip Korean restaurant, has a veg alternative for many menu items. Uses healthy ingredients. Staff are somewhat aware of vegans, but like most place in Beijing, do not offer soy milk as an alternative, though they do not use any milk or dairy in their food dishes, and in their dessert menu there's a chocolate mousse where tofu is used instead of dairy. Food is strictly MSG-free. They have a small Korean courtyard for al fresco dining. Chinese name is 韩香馆。 Previously located on Nanluoguxiang. Price: Moderate more-less
Korean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
20 Ju'er Hutong
Beijing, China
+86-10-64016083

First Review by shirogoma
Minni
Minni

Stylish place with good food

3 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

This Korean restaurant has two branches, the other one on a side hutong from Nanluoguxiang and the other one near Beixinqiao subway. You can check both their addresses from their website: http://www.saveursdecoree.com.cn/

Being in the neighborhood, I visited this restaurant for the first time, and enjoyed it. Especially the crispy sauteed tofu was excellent. The dessert vegan chocolate mousse was good as well.

The restaurant is a bit more expensive but it's very stylish and a nice place. In the menu they have marked everything with a leaf if you can get it in a vegetarian/vegan version. Just remember to ask the dish without the egg on top. The staff was very attentive and spoke English. My companion is very allergic to fish and didn't have any trouble eating here, so I would imagine the vegetarian food actually is vegetarian, without lurking fish/crab sauce etc.

I will only give 3 cows as this is not a vegetarian restaurant, but that said, I could come here again if I'm browsing the Nanluoguxiang/Gulou area.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere, attentive staff
Cons: a bit expensive, not vegetarian
rhod
rhod

Cool place- great location- good vege menu

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2011

I've been to this place lots of times on trips to Beijing. Partly because almost all of the vege places in BJ serve chinese food and after a while I want something different. The food here is Korean and they have several pages of vegetarian menu in the main menu (at the back). There are lots of korean favourites like bibimbap (not sure how to spell) thick rice noodles (more like tubes), stone pot rice dishes, noodles etc. Kim Chee comes up in many dishes so if you dont like it then be careful what you order.

The staff speak korean, mandarin and decent english. They understand vegetarian so you can ask questions- Im vegan so i had to confirm egg etc in some dishes.

I've eaten quite a few dishes and I do find lots of them a bit similar. Maybe because I tend to avoid vegetarian mock seafood which is in many of the dishes. I enjoyed the potato cakes a lot (have them every time), the glass/vermicelli noodles and the pork in stone pot.

The locaiton in nan luo go xiang is really good and nice for a night out where you want to browse some shops, go to a bar or cafe and have a meal in a place that closes much later than most of the vege places. It's more like a normal restaurant than other vege ones, bit cooler and a bit more upmarket feeling.

Pros: Not just chinese food, Lots of vege optionsq, Nice location/place
Cons: Lots of similar dishes
AmandaUCSC
AmandaUCSC

Good food, nice atmosphere

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

They have terrific vegan bibambap (sp?)! Make sure you say no egg - or sometimes they will ask. It's 39 kuai as of November 2010 and includes all those fun little side dishes, like kimchi, string potatoes, etc. They had a lot of options for vegetarians and even vegans (different types of meat substitutes if you want that, or just veggie dishes). I was impressed. The place is very small, so I guess if you go when it's busy you may not get a seat. It's easy to find.

This website won't let me give the place 5 stars because technically they serve vegetarian and non-veg people, but I have to say the food is some of the best I've had in Beijing. There is a lot of crap all-veg places here, and this one is better than all those!

Pros: reasonable price, good variety and quality, comfy/cozy
shirogoma
shirogoma

Great for meat eaters and vegos eating together!

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2010

Located on popular Nanluoguxiang, this is conveniently located if you are visiting Houhai, Beihai, the Drum or Bell Tower or other 'lao Beijing and hutong must see sights'.

This is a great place to go if not everyone in your group is vegetarian.

My parents and I ate here together when they visited Beijing and my dad enjoyed his meat, while mum and I had some great soup and noodles, and a rice and veggie dish.
The ingredient of each dish is clearly marked, and they even double checked wether or not I wanted the egg (that was supposed to be on the top of my Veggie Rice).

The staff are lovely and can answer any questions if you are unsure. The manager also speaks fluent English and French.

I've eaten here twice so far and both times enjoyed the intimate and somewhat trendy atmosphere.

NO MSG.

Pros: nice atmosphere, great loaction, accommodates for all
Cons: a little more pricy that others

Dear Owner and Manager of Saveurs de Coree: