Saveurs Bio

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a vegetarian buffet. Menu food is mostly vegetarian with several meat or fish dishes. Bio, possibilite de manger vegetarien. Price: Moderate more-less
French, European, Organic, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg
22 rue Maurice Fonvieille (Rue Lazare Carnot)
Toulouse, France
05-61121515

First Review by beavers
scrouton
scrouton

un petit bio classique

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

dans une ville vouée a la viande,ce restaurant est un oasis pour les vegetariens. Les plats ne sont pas forcément glamours, mais leur diététique est impeccable : betteraves aux algues, graines de toutes sortes, pois-chiches délicieux... desserts a améliorer. Il faut arriver t't pour avoir le plaisir de plats chauds fraéchement cuits et non réchauffés. A la carte les plats sont excellents, je conseille les poireaux a l'oeuf mollet. Plus de sourire dans le service serait bienvenue.

Pros: variety, inventivity, comfort
Cons: lake of smile, coming early
maryjoy
maryjoy

Tasty Salads!

3 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2011

I visited this restaurant last night (a Tuesday) for dinner with one other person. It was delicious. Both of us chose the buffet, and were disappointed most by the warm food selection. It seemed as if it had been sitting out for hours. In contrast the salads were creative, filling, and fresh (definitely not sitting out for hours!). The desserts were also appealing (ex/ lemon custard, apricot tart, fresh cherries in cinnamon, orange, and sugar syrup), but also some healthy options, such as muesli and yogurt. Some examples of the salads were: Fennel, Dill, Peppercorn and Vinegar; Pureed Beets with Garlic (among other things!); Pear, Spinach and Comte.

The wine was reasonably priced. We had a large carafe of a high quality rose for 7 Euros. The staff also provided good service, though there were only two other tables in use at that time. If I return to Toulouse, I will definitely return here as well!

Pros: Healthy, Good Value, Fresh Cold Food
Cons: Bad Hot food, Not much business, Dessert costs extra
foodie70
foodie70

DELICIOUS!

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

I ate in this restaurant several times in 2010. THey always had at least 5 hot entree choices ( you can have as many as you choose) also there is a soup or 2.
I was never asked to pay in advance for desert or coffee. I was asked If I knew Weather I'd be choosing those. I said no, and this was never a problem. The place was clean, freindly, and the food delicious. I adivse not going to late, as it is harder to get generous portions at the end of the noon service.

Pros: good taste, plentiful choices
Cons: cofee not great
beavers
beavers

Not as good as it looks

2 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2009

Though more sophisticated in appearance, with lots of room, nicely spaced tables and a calm atmosphere, we found this place a lot less appealing than the lively, colourful and much more user friendly La Faim des Haricots, Toulouse's other main veggy place. For one thing there was much less choice - two hot dishes and fewer salad options. We were asked to decide at the outset whether we wanted to have a sweet and coffee (also what size coffee), and pay in advance. But by the time we came to select our sweets there was hardly anything left - just scraps of two or three unappealing dishes we wouldn't have chosen had we not already paid. Later the sweet section was replenished, but too late for us - especially as they have a rather too attentively enforced 'no seconds' policy. There was also a reminder that sweets were for the individual they were bought for, presumably to stop you paying for one and sharing between two. One other down was the bread, which was plentiful but dry, as if cut too soon. On the plus side, there was a wide of range of condiments to put on your salads, which were tasty and seemed to be vegan friendly. Some veggies might also like the fact that it seems to be more vegan friendly than the other place.

Pros: Decor, vegan friendly, space
Cons: Choosing and paying up front, Limited choice, Bit school dinner like

Dear Owner and Manager of Saveurs Bio: