Centrally located vegetarian restaurant in Buenos Aires. Nice environment and good service. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Delivery

First Review by CLRtraveller
florenciavegana0909
florenciavegana0909

Normal

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Siempre hay mucha gente. Me molestó estar ahi y ver en la carta como ofrecen el queso de vaca o cabra y demás como si nada, creo que ir a restaurantes vegetarianos me pone de mal humor, sabiendo que podrian vender todo vegano y no lo hacen.
Te dan las opciones veganas de todo, las cosas que tienen miel te la sacan y si tiene queso, le ponen tofu.
Comi una hamburguesa con papas que no me gustó. No era espantoso pero no tenia gusto a nada.
Al jugo de naranja tuve que agregarle 10 sobres de azucar más o menos.

Pros: Linda decoración, Pleno centro
Cons: Siempre está lleno, No es vegano
Vegan477
Vegan477

Comida integral bien hecha

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

La comida integral suele ser de poco sabor pero en este sitio la hacen bien y atienden rápido, al estilo argentino. Me gustaron las empanaadas de seitan y las de tofu. La pizza esta buena pero necesitan mejorar el queso para la pizza.

Pros: comida integral sabrosa, atienden rápido, buen rollo
Cons: todo integral cansa un poco
TLC Veg.
TLC Veg.

lovely staff

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

Menu was really easy to navigate for vegans! Really nice tasty food. Excellent service!

Pros: lot of Vegan options, great stafg
jess-flowerchild
jess-flowerchild

Popular, tasty cafe

3 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

After seeing this busy cafe the night before we decided to dine in the following night as the menu was very appealing.
We were very happy to get our first dose of hommus in argentina, although a small portion it was very nice.
The tofu burger was very nice although could have done with some relish maybe but can't complain.
I ordered a grande vegan pizza with tofu, tomato and olives. I was feeling very hungry but the grande size surely was grand! Great to share. Very tasty pizza although not a fan of thick bases that are common in argentina but was very happy overall.
Enjoyed a nice bottle of wine.staff were helpful explaining the menu in english. Prices were reasonable.

Pros: vegan options, atmosphere
Cons: relish or sauces recommended for burgers and empan
Kadaniel
Kadaniel

First Vegan Experience in BA

5 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

Nice restaurant, friendly ladies as personal. Asked them for explaining which things at card are vegan, answered fast. Pretty tall portions as a main dish. Really good prices. Stylish arranged food. Healthy cooking. Dunno if menu cards r avaliable in english as well. Will come back! ;)

Pros: Cheap , Informed Service , Portion Size

cincorobles
cincorobles

Tranquil Healthy Oasis

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

First place we visited in the city, and how lucky we were. The service was friendly, the atmosphere peaceful, the food good, the prices fair. We. Had the lunch menu combo, four healthy homemade original main choices, fresh juices, and great coffee included. Deserts delicious too. We enjoyed our lunch and will return.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 24, 2014

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Price
7j7ferreira7
7j7ferreira7

Excellent place

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

This is restaurant is located just near Av. Corrientes, nearby those theaters passing the Obelisco.

The food is very good. I had a pair of quesadillas, served with an olive paté and a portion of salad - besides the couvert, which is basically bread with some vegan butter. The dish was just 50 pesos, which is cheap considering the crappy junk food served in the surroundings.

There is a variety of beers and organic wines. as well as natural juices, such as lemonade with ginger.

I would definitely come back again. A friend had a huge plate of pasta he couldn't eat it up because it was too much!! Maybe I'll try that again next time.

Pros: excellent food, good value, central location
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

2 of same restaurants on same street

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

I visited here in may 2013 & it was closing but they sent me across the road to there other place which was more classy&had a slighly different menu. I told them i was vegan with no spanish so they tried there best to translate the menu&was very accomadating with adapting it to vegan for me. I ate there twice at night & ate at this place 2 or 3 times by day & night. The staff at this place were younger &had better english. The vegan pizza was great with tofu&hummus&wholewheat base&the vegan tofu&veg empanadas were great for take away on my long bus journey. These were the best restaurants in the city area

Pros: vegan friendly, spoke english, tasty healthy food
veglife00
veglife00

high-quality, fresh food

4 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Sattva is located in the heart of the city and has very good vegetarian and vegan fare, with fresh, high-quality ingredients. At lunch they only had four options from which to choose, but I was delighted with my rice bowl (to which they let me add tofu for protein). The food was a bit bland, but very good on the whole.

Pros: fresh food, high-quality ingredients, centrally located
Cons: a bit bland
anelisedecarli
anelisedecarli

Really good food

4 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

Various vegan options, all organic and made at the moment (nothing frozen or pre made). It has wonderful juices and organic wines. Not that expensive for a great dinner.
Updated from previous review on Monday March 25, 2013

Pros: Very well-located, Super cozy, Tasty food
Cons: Chesse, milk and eggs, Takes a while for the food to be ready
e37e
e37e

OK

2 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

I used to love this place but the last few times I went there the food was nothing at all exciting, they also got my order wrong (I said no soy and what they put the most on my plate were soy sprouts), it was cold and the bathroom was dirty. There aren't that many veg options in BA unfortunately so if you're in downtown and hungry it's a stop. Don't expect anything amazing. They have a pizza place on the other side of the avenue which is zero cozy but if you just want to bite something then it might be a better idea to get a pizza (vegan options avail) or empanada. I've had it with Sattva, not going back.

Pros: Vegan Pizza on one of the two buildings, open late, vegan options
Cons: boring, dirty bathrooms, blah waitresses
floconnor
floconnor

Nice place for dinner

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

Good food in a nice enviroment, indian style. You can have a late dinner, since it's open until 01:00 am. It has a very good price, if you consider other vegetarian places open for dinner in BA. It is in downtown BA. Most of the dishes have a vegan option avaliable

Pros: Good money value, Good food, Good vegan options
orangensaft
orangensaft

Annoying staff

2 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

I only visited here for a drink (plus a bite of my friend's rather dry vegan apple cake) so I can't comment on the food. But I found the waitress who served us to be quite rude; I got the feeling she was trying to get rid of us, kept coming back for the bill when the cafe wasn't even closing. It was pretty annoying and I'm not sure if I'd go back to sample the food (especially after reading the other reviews posted here!)

RickEast
RickEast

Healthy and a Nice Change

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

Very nice little cafe serving large healthy meals for a very reasonable price. I had a beautiful taco filled with a combination of pulses,tomato and rice, accompanied by a salad and guacamole. For desert I had an apple pie made with a whole rice base instead of pastry. Juices are freshly made as well. Highly recommended for something healthy and unique.

Pros: Price, Healthy, Large portions
Lanky
Lanky

has potential

2 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2010

Sattva has potential to be a cool hangout: its designed like a cafe/ bar, and they have some good microbrew beers in there, which is a great change from quilmes.
Unfortunately the food is pretty bad. I went there twice, and I don't think I would try a third time. The first time I had their milanesa de soja sandwhich. The milanesa was as dry as the atacama. I dont't know why they insist on baking the milanesa de soja in all the veg places in argentina.. it doesnt work guys! Either fry it, or use tofu or something else. There was no sauce, just a smothering of half-cooked onions.
The second time, we had lunch specials. My girlfriend ate about 1/4 of hers. I tried to help her out, but it wasnt easy.

Pros: stylish design, in microcentro
Cons: poor food, average service
danielReich
danielReich

Good food, good price, good service

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2010

Sattva was the best non-buffet vege restaurant I went to in Buenos Aires. It had more of a cafe than restaurant feel to it. The menu had lots of options. I found the food to be a little bland at first, but then asked for some hot sauce. They brought one that was both spicy and tasty and I'm pretty sure homemade, so that improved the meal a lot. I would definitely go back and would recommend trying this place.

starlucia
starlucia

Horrible experience

2 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

I'd been looking forward to this place, as their menu is extensive and it's located a block from my girlfriend's apt. Unfortunately, it was one the worst dining experiences of my life and I'll never return. First the faina appetizer we ordered never arrived (but showed up on the bill.) Then, the server brought out the olive oil and vinegar dressing with my salad -- but the "balsamic" turned out to be soy sauce (the bottles are identical, and the server had mixed them up.) When I explained the mix-up, and that I couldn't eat a salad swimming in soy sauce, he refused to replace the dish, take it off the bill, or even apologize. Then, as if on cue, the diners at the table to our right suddenly screamed and leapt up -- a cockroach had crawled right onto the table and across the woman's menu.

• Lanky Lanky

He didnt mix up the bottles.... in argentina and brazil they put soy sauce on salads... its horrible. It happened to me many times that i put soy on my salad thinging it was vinegar. In Brazil, the give you olive oil and soy sauce when you order pizza, and they're smothering the pizza with it. Craziness.

stokedonspokes
stokedonspokes

Good Vegan Options

4 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2010

Traveling around Argentina as a vegan you eat alot of "pizza sin queso." However, Sattva has thoughtful vegan pizza's that take the cake (and vegan cheese!). Their salads are also delightful. Really good veggie food that is not dairy & egg centric, in a country where that tends to be the case when you see "vegetarian"

Pros: pizza, helpful staff, vegan friendly
kipdooley
kipdooley

Two Strikes

2 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2009

I travel to Buenos Aires frequently with work. My expectations of great vegetarian food are lower in Argentina than in most other places, given it's status as the Carne Capital of the World. I have been to Sattva twice and I have to say that it is consistent -- the bad service tends to negate whatever good karma the food might provide. I have been served by the same waiter both visits (several months apart). He has the world's worst personality -- you start to feel like you're not actually there. He makes it clear that he is not really interested in you or in serving you. I gave this place the benefit of the doubt last time but this time I say, "never again!" I think I'd almost rather eat meat than put myself through another meal at this place.

Pros: good karma food, cheap, large portions
Cons: disinterested staff, slow service
mb_5006
mb_5006

Sattva is an oasis of fabulous food

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2009

We spent a month in the beef-eating capital of the world and, as vegetarians were tiring of generic pasta and pizza. Then we discovered Sattva. I wish we had found it earlier. We had lunch there every day for 2 weeks and never tired of the menu. Some days we had dinner there too!

The place is packed and buzzing at lunchtime, so you may have to wait for a table. The menu is extensive and the food is well-priced and delicious. Look out for the weekly lunch specials which can be served with a daily juice, water and coffee for a special price. Great value.

The food at Sattva is fresh and delicious. They provide creative combinations of beans, grains and salads, all served with care and attention. The staff are fantastic, and are very patient with non-Spanish speakers such as myself.

Make a note of the address, mark it on a map and when you are tired of the chaos and smog of Buenos Aires, take a break at Sattva for lunch or dinner. The decor is eclectic, comfortable and interesting. We're missing it already.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great decor
Michael Tait
Michael Tait

Pleasant enough

3 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2009

Simple fare, reasonably large serves of not especially creative food. Not cheap. Good service

Pros: Clean, modern, friendly
Cons: simple food, not cheap
vitor.adrien
vitor.adrien

• raw

Not that friendly

2 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

If you are vegan the best thing you can do is going to another restaurant. I asked for the vegan dish and they gave me rice, bean and salad, and I payed 25 pesos for that, while in the menu there was lots of dishes with cheese reeeally cheaper.

I ate my 25 pesos food and payed for everybodies cheese. ¬¬

Cons: expensive, few vegan options
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Good food and value

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2009

Bruschettas, soups, omelettes, burgers, Mexican dishes, pastas and sauces (pick one each from lists), pizzas, juices, teas, coffees, beer and wine. There's a good trio deal where you can choose a grain, cooked or raw vegetables, and beans, seitan or tofu for 20 pesos (US$5.55). Can add miso soup for 6 pesos (US$1.66). I chose brown rice, slivered sautéed vegetables (cabbage, carrots, zucchini, red cabbage) and beans (azuki that day). As a free starter they brought bread and a carrot-based spread. My total was a very inexpensive 51 pesos (US$14.15) for a beer, lunch plate, bancha tea and burger plate to take away.
Server could have been more smiling.
Open for lunch 12-4 pm and dinner from 8 pm. In between, they continue serving tea and coffee. Very busy 1-2 pm.

Pros: great value, lots of choices
Cons: server and host didn't smile

Dear Owner and Manager of Sattva: