CLOSED: Satisfaction Feast

Veggieburgers, nut loaf, salads, desserts, vegan food, and weekend all-day brunch. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo

First Review by KelseyApple
therawtarian
therawtarian
  • raw

Interesting experience

3 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

This is an interesting place. Sparse, casual interior atmosphere with lots or pictures of their meditation guru on the wall. Location isn't downtown--it's in an odd mixed use section of town, residential and commercial. Medium sized menu all vegetarian menu options. Interesting specials. Portion sizes were a bit small. Probably best to eat here for lunch. Nice vegan desserts. They sell some vegan food to go, as well. If you're a vegetarian you should definitely try it since it's an all vegetarian menu.

Pros: All vegetarian, Reasonable prices
Cons: Small portions
DalVeg
DalVeg

Tradition veggie fare

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2010

Satisfaction Feast is quite and calming. It serves up classic vegetarian dishes: lasagna, burger, quesadilla, lots of salads, a "meat" loaf still dish, curry, etc. A great place to take non-vegetarians as there are lots of "normal" dishes on the menu that just don't include meat.

I think I've had EVERYTHING on the menu (my partner and I love this place!). You can't go wrong with the curry dinner or the veggie burger (both are always amazing!). Other favorites include the Buddah Broccoli Bowl, the Spinach Salad, the Carob Balls, and the Tofu Chocolate Cheesecake (better than any dairy cheesecake I've ever had). The dishes don't seem to be the healthiest (the roasted potatoes are greasy, the desserts are loaded with sugar) but the food is the most comforting vegetarian food in HRM!

The portion sizes have gone down in size recently. Side-dishes are no longer included with many meals on the menu; now you have to pay $3 more, which makes the meals too expensive in my opinion. I still will go to the restaurant, but certainly not as often.

Pros: Tradition dishes, Homemade goodness, Take-home versions of their meals
Cons: Expensive for what you get, No alcohol, Not the healthiest veg food
Ken4057
Ken4057

Mixed feelings

3 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2009

Only a few vegan items available on the menu when we went. It took for-E-ver to be served, but a couple owns and operates it, so we didn't mind. I ordered a thanksgiving special that the chef had whipped up for the occasion. Not terrible for an experiment, but the portions were small and it was not very satisfying as the name would imply. It was a mediocre curry-ish stew, and came with a tea biscuit (my first since going vegan many years ago - joy!) and a fresh, bitter cranberry sauce, which made up for it.

This small portion thing may have been endemic, as I noticed a single slice of veggie bacon on the menu for $1.25 (and not under 'side orders', either). I cannot imagine a sadder, lonelier plate if this was ordered.

Ordered a PB/Choc truffle to go, and it was ORGASMIC.

It feels bare bones-y but clean inside. Needs some serious personality.

I would go back if I lived around Halifax, but chiefly because there isn't much competition. :-(

Pros: tea biscuit, truffles
Cons: $$, small portions, slooooow

marturey
marturey

Good food and amazing desserts

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2009

For supper I had the Oriental Salad (w/o tofu) and my spouse had the curry dinner. We both enjoyed our meals. The salad was quite tasty. However, the big treat was dessert. I had a (vegan) peanut butter ball which was amazing. It tasted exactly like Peanut Butter cups which I haven't eaten in years. My spouse had the chocolate tofu cheesecake which was also delicious (I kept sneaking my fork in for a taste). The server was very pleasant and the restaurant was very clean. I found nothing religious in this restaurant as some other reviewers mentioned below. In fact it was quite casual and relaxing. No alcohol served though. The location is a bit of a ways from downtown (< 10 minute drive). Next time I'm in Halifax I'll be returning.

Pros: Quiet comfortable atmosphere, Tasty Food and amazing desserts, Friendly Service
Cons: No Alcohol Served, Not located downtown
morbidmiss
morbidmiss

Wonderful!

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2009

I was wary after reading reviews of the "cult like" feel... but the service was friendly and food was delicious. We enjoyed our Sunday brunch so much, we wanted to eat there again on Monday (of the long weekend), and found they were closed to the public, but having a meeting. We were about to hunt down some bagels and peanut butter at a Tim Horton's, but the very kind woman who served us Sunday wouldn't let two vegans go hungry and whipped up some Tofu Scramble for us! That and the chocolate and peanut butter truffles were divinely delicious. The best veg food in Halifax!

Pros: delicious, great service, well priced
lentil
lentil

#1 Neatloaf 4 real

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2008

The neatloaf really is one of the most delicious vegetarian dishes I've ever had anywhere! The atmosphere is a little religious/cultish & that wasn't about to stop me. I thought the service was very pleasant. The selection was ideal for a vegetarian.

Pros: neatloaf, fair prices
teal_ocean
teal_ocean

Interesting...but good.

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2008

It did make me a little uneasy at 1st ( all of the religious videos etc there). But found some enjoyable vegan options after eating peanut butter sandwiches around the rest of Nova Scotia.

Pros: Vegan options
Cons: Religious atmosphere, Videos
JulieRicci
JulieRicci

Best food in Halifax!!

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2008

The numerous times I have been to this restaurant have all been fabulous. The food is incredible, and affordable. The atmosphere is calming, and the staff are wonderful. I would reccomend this restaurant to everyone. It is truly a gem!

Pros: delicious, affordable, relaxing
Guest
Guest

Not a healthy choice

2 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2007

All the food here may be vegetarian, but most dishes are microwaved and there are no organic ingredients. With such low quality food at such high prices I was to say in the least disappointed. Just because a restaurant serves vegetarian food doesn't make it good for you!

Pros: its vegetarian
Cons: no organic, microwaves, religious propaganda
Vegetation Girl
Vegetation Girl

Liked It

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2007

My friend and our two young daughters ate here while traveling in Nova Scotia and we were very pleased and full when we left. We all have different diet requirements and all found something we enjoyed. (Vegan, vegetarian, celiac) I enjoy learning about different philosophies so I found the atmosphere interesting but may not be for everyone.

Pros: Vegan friendly
KelseyApple
KelseyApple

Not the best in town

2 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2006

I am bothered by the lack of vegan options (and the tendency to forget to veganize the VOs), the constant smell of bleach, the videos of sponge painting/weight lifting that are always playing, and the lack of organic or healthy ingredients (refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, etc. abound.) On the plus side, the blueberry grunt and carrot cake are very good. I think this may be a good restaurant for vegetarians but they really do little to cater to vegans and there are several other places in town I would choose over this one.

Pros: good desserts
Cons: uncomfortable atmosphere, few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Satisfaction Feast: